aolsux00 is offline Associate Member

T3/clen with beta blocker

Im on 100mcg of t3 a day and 50mg clen (just started clen today) and I was very very very shaky and had a high resting pulse, it was 102bpm. I took a beta blocker (propanolol) and it lowered my pulse to 80 and stopped the shaking. Will it make the t3 or clen less effective?
    Last edited by aolsux00; 04-28-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by aolsux00 View Post
    Im on 100mcg of t3 a day and 50mg clen (just started clen today) and I was very very very shaky and had a high resting pulse, it was 120bpm. I took a beta blocker (propanolol) and it lowered my pulse to 80 and stopped the shaking. Will it make the t3 or clen less effective?
    more then likely it will make the clen less effective, clen works by stimulateing your beta 2 receptors so if you take something that blocks them then the clen won't be able to do anything that's why your pulse and sides went down, i'd get off the blocker and lower the dose of clen cause there is no point in running something that stimulates beta receptors and something that blocks them as they will cancel out and your just wasting the clen

it won't have any effect on the t3 though

I guess I'll keep running it without the beta blocker... Could of questions though...
    1. Will I get less shakes with the same dose after being on it for a few days?
    2. Is it bad to have a resting heart rate of 102bpm for a long time? (BTW It was supposed to say 102 above, not 120)

Thanks

yes, but that's not really a good thing, as your beta receptors are fresh now your sides will be at their greatest, as your receptors down regulate your sides will decrease, but so will the clens effectiveness, this is when you need to use the benedryl

i don't know why, but i've never gotten sides on clen and i ran it for 8 weeks at over 200mcg/day plus i ran keto at 2mg/day so my receptors were fresh every single day

and your resting hr is a bit high, but i wouldn't worry much about it, what's your bp

Cant remember exactly, it was something like 140/70 or 140/80, I dont have access to a BP machine for the next few days... I just came off a cycle so I think thats why its high.

are you running the clen /t3 during your pct? if so that a bad idea

No, I finished PCT about a month ago, maybe month and half

i'd back off the clen a little because you bp is too high, your cycle shouldn't be affecting you anymore so it's the clen that's pushing it up

OK, will do, yeah it was kinda scary when my heart was pounding like that and my hands were shaking like crazy, thanks for the help

no prob, good luck and massive gains, later

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by aolsux00 View Post
    Im on 100mcg of t3 a day and 50mg clen (just started clen today) and I was very very very shaky and had a high resting pulse, it was 102bpm. I took a beta blocker (propanolol) and it lowered my pulse to 80 and stopped the shaking. Will it make the t3 or clen less effective?
    T3 doenst work on beta receptors as far as i know except for makeing them more sensative...

Wavelover is offline Junior Member
    You may have high dose of T3 (Cytomel ) that causing high pulse.
    A clip from Web.MD :
    Cytomel
    Patient Information PATIENT INFORMATION
    Patient should be informed that:

1. Replacement therapy is to be taken essentially for life with the exception of cases of transient hypothyroidism usually associated with thyroiditis, and in those patients receiving a therapeutic trial of the drug.

2. They should immediately report during the course of therapy any signs or symptoms of thyroid hormone toxicity e.g., chest pain, increased pulse rate, palpitations, excessive sweating, heat intolerance, nervousness or any other unusual event.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelover View Post
    You may have high dose of T3 (Cytomel ) that causing high pulse.
    A clip from Web.MD :
    Cytomel
    Patient Information PATIENT INFORMATION
    Patient should be informed that:

1. Replacement therapy is to be taken essentially for life with the exception of cases of transient hypothyroidism usually associated with thyroiditis, and in those patients receiving a therapeutic trial of the drug.

2. They should immediately report during the course of therapy any signs or symptoms of thyroid hormone toxicity e.g., chest pain, increased pulse rate, palpitations, excessive sweating, heat intolerance, nervousness or any other unusual event.
    Yeah, the T3 combined with the clen put my pulse way up there...

Thread Information