respek is offline Associate Member

Dustasteride Vs Finasteride

I have taken Finasteride (propecia) before and it didn't help much and caused major sexual side effects (I could not get it up). Is Dutasteride any good? Does it have the same sexual side effects as finasteride? For some reason doctors do not recommend it in Canada for hair loss

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    same sexual sides, the reason you may loose wood is because of lower DHT levels, it is stonger than propecia with a longer half life. No wood with duta most likely if you had trouble with fina. Dutasteride is still off lable for hairloss at this point, but works.

Just curious, does canada free healthcare pay for your propecia, or out of pocket?

Propecia is paid out of pocket. Even if you have a drug plan it doesn't cover Propecia because it is considered cosmetic.

outta pocket, damn that sucks

See if you can get a doc to give you a script for BPH, then you'll get dutasteride or proscar and it will be covered.

Just curious how the system worked there.

Is there anything that works (prevention) for the frontal hairline (receding)???

Nizoral 2% shampoo, Rogaine, perhaps Spiro
    5ar blocker is the big weapon in the tool chest, and those break your penis so idk...hair transpant if things get real bad.

I was reading about dustasteride and it works differently than Proscar. Therefore, it might not cause any sexual side effects? My dermatologist says Nizoral doesn't work. What is Spiro?

Thread Information