38inflorida is offline New Member

Question about 1st cycle in 7 years

Brief history. 38 years old. 5' 10" 180lbs. Decent build but getting a mid section I could do without. Have cycled probably 10 or so times in the past but its been about 7 years. Most of my 20's stayed a fairly lean 190 to 200lbs. Have always lifted consistantly all be it not much heavy weight anymore.

My first few cycles did the whole thing, usually something like sustanon and deca and usually did with PCT of HCG and nolvadex .

Last few times i did deca only. Nothing crazy. Usually 200mg a week for about 12 weeks with an additional 2 or 3 weeks of tapering down 100mg, 50mg. etc. I know sounds like a weak cycle but I always reacted good, gaining 8 to 10 lbs of good lean weight and was always able to keep it on pretty much indefinitely until I would get lazy and back off in the gym.

I never had any of the problems mentioned with impotence or "deca dick" as described here. And the last 3 times I did it I did no PCT either. I guess depsite thinking i knew allot about roids back then this info about shutting your system down 100% either wasnt around 7 years ago or I missed it.

Anyway, I was about to do another cycle. Same thing, 200mg deca for 12 weeks. Just looking to gain 8 to 10 lbs and tighten up the midsection. Even if it doesnt effect me the way described, I think because I have read it, psychologically I am screwed. If it doenst give me deca dick now my mind probably will 5 minutes after I take the first shot....so I am thinking of adding some test to the cycle.

My question is adding 100mg of test E per week enough to compensate for the deca suppression or am I wasting my time. Im not looking to do a very mild cycle and am not looking for the crazy gains I used to shoot for in my 20's. Could I do even less than 100mg to compensate?

Also, with 200 mg of deca and 100mg of test e, would you still recommend a PCT or will tapering the cycle at the end for a few weeks be sufficient.

I never had problems with gyno when i was younger doing sustenon and deca together (although I never did high doses back then either).

As mentioned, not looking for crazy gains. 8 solid lbs or so and a few off the midsection and I will be more than satisfied.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    At 38 years old, 5' 10" 180lbs, an admitted gym slacker desirous of gaining a few pounds of muscle and cutting your midsection...

...you should really only tweak your diet and hit the iron room more seriously. I know it's not the popular answer and probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's true.
    With your frame, history and ambitions there's no need for aas here.

Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

kick6 is offline Banned
    Its anecdotally been proven that tapering doesn't really do much good. 100mg of test enth in my opinion isn't enough. Try something on the order of 250mg. Run the test out 2 weeks longer than the deca to aid in recovery. You absolutely need a PCT to quickly restore natty levels.

All that being said, magic32 is right.....you aren't asking for anything that can't easily be accomplished without AAS.

38inflorida is offline New Member
    thanks for the feedback. Here is a little more info to see if it changes opinion on whether I should a cycle or not.

The gym slacker not neccessarily what I meant it come across as. Maintained a very solid 190lbs with a 32" waist up until about 2 years ago when I suffered a complete tear of my rotator cuff grappling. (i also train jujitsu and MMA). Lived with the injury for about 8 months and tried to train around it. That combined with the post op period where training was limited to mostly leg work puts me where I am right now.

Im about 15 months post my rotator cuff surgery and it was a nasty recovery. (My rehab lasted 8 months to get full range back, normal rehab is 3 months). I have full range now although strength still holds me back on some exercises such as chest where my chest can go heavier but my shoulder cant.

As mentioned was a solid 190lb pre injury now 180lbs with 2 extra inches on the waist that I cant seem to budge.. Never stopped training, but past 6 months have been aggressively trying to put the 10 lbs back on without AAS and with no luck. Any attempts to get my weight up seem to go right to the midsection. My diet is pretty solid and training mma and jujistu gives me some pretty solid cardio workouts each week. It has never been this hard for me in the past to gain muscle mass. Seems like ive gained a good percentage of my pre injury strength back, but the muscle mass just doesnt seem to want to follow.

So that is why ive been considering doing a cycle after so long to try to get those 10lbs back on that I have lost and cant seem to get back on without effecting my waist. Otherwise my opinion would have been the same as your posts, that my goals should be easily accomplished without doing any AAS.

Does that change your opinion of whether it would seem worth it to do or would you say keep trying longer without AAS.

thanks again for the feedback.

Bulldog1115 is offline Member
    i agree with the diet cardio thing, and def lift heavier in supersets. this will maximize muscle growth, the cardio will cut fat and ur diet needs to pertain to ur goals..but if u did want to cycle, id do with 1-12 250mg/w of deca and 1-14 250mg/w of test e, with pct of nolvadex and clomid, wouldnt hurt to have caber on cycle or broma.

Thread Information