Miller777 is offline Junior Member
    Excellent post btw cheers

kdizzog is offline Associate Member
    Great post! Thanks

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Bump!

Dee312 is offline Junior Member
    I poke my butt everytime, lots of fat, less soreness.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    never tried AAS before, how much does it hurt ?

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    never tried AAS before, how much does it hurt ?
    If you have ever been to the Dr's and had a shot it is the same.

thanks for all the great info and everyones comments. looking forward to my first cycle. this site has so much info and articles. this is my main site from now on.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Good read

Bump for others

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    This should be a sticky.. This is a very common question for those new to steroids and injecting....

bermyshotta is offline New Member
    thanks good info,stay safe peoples

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Chazzyd is offline New Member
    I've noticed that there are times when my injection sight (always thigh) is way more sore than other times. I'm way new to this, but I am associating the soreness (up to 4-5 days) with my Cypionate ... as It's never been quite as bad with the Enanthate . Is it just a coincidence... sometimes my earlier injection attempts were not consistently top notch.

However, what is the likelihood that a bad or fake bottle of stuff would cause more pain?
    I'll toss the stuff if it's the stuff.

Meshy is offline Junior Member
    I found these two videos quite helpfull for my first injection:

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Inj...oids-104545633

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB74oSQByk

yngupstart is offline New Member
    This site is fantastic. One question, though: Is there any trick to drawing two compounds into the same syringe for injection? Say, sust and deca .

I'm starting my first cycle: 400mg sust & 400mg dec/week for 8 weeks, 30mg dbol /day for first 3-4 weeks.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yngupstart View Post
    This site is fantastic. One question, though: Is there any trick to drawing two compounds into the same syringe for injection? Say, sust and deca .

I'm starting my first cycle: 400mg sust & 400mg dec/week for 8 weeks, 30mg dbol/day for first 3-4 weeks.
    no trick. Just repeat the same process for the second compound that you used for the first.

deca for 8 weeks? you might want to start a thread to get that cycle looked over.

BeastIn916 is offline Junior Member
    Im learning more and more with every day I am reading on these forums. thank you for such detailed steps on how-to inject.

There's just one thing I'd say:

1) First you load the syringe, you place a cap on it and leave it down
    2) Then you do the cleaning such as wiping the area of skin with an alcohol swab
    3) Then you inject

Some people clean their skin before they prepare the syringe... but really cleaning should be the very last thing you do before injecting yourself, you don't wanna sit around gathering dirt while you're preparing the syringe.

I learned my injection technique from a former intravenous drug user. I saw him at the gym one day and said "Hey, any chance you could come around to my place and show me how to inject properly?". He came around and showed me how to do everything from start to finish, from opening the ampule, to drawing, to wiping, injecting, aspirating, everything. I was surprised at how much he actually knew, because at the time I would have thought that intravenous drug users were pretty reckless with their injecting, but no so.
    Last edited by KimboHalfSlice; 11-19-2009 at 04:02 AM.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    bump

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    One question I see missing is when to inject. I don't mean how far apart, I mean like is injecting shortly after a workout a bad idea or does it even matter?

428scj is offline Junior Member
    Nice thread. Is should be a sticky. I was just thinking of this very question as I have never pinned before but plan to in the future (After my Var/Tbol) cycle and was wondering how.

officergrizly2 is offline New Member
    Great post.

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    My injection vid two days ago. Because of the camera angle, it looks like I went higher then I did. But I did my inner quad, probably a bit too high though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPQ_dYLaRgQ
    Last edited by nwjt; 07-12-2010 at 10:34 PM.

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aviador1982 View Post
    What is the problem with injecting steroids in the subcutaneous tissue? What is the difference, will it be absorbed more rapidly or more slowly? It will for sure get into your system so what would be the difference? THANKS!
    Im after the same info...

Cheers

desizon is offline Associate Member
    thanks, man. It will come in handy to many people!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Great info. But like someone else said read it after my first injection. Thought I did everything right but Ended up with a purple bruise and feeling like I'd been slugged by every dude in the gym right in my front delt. Probably because I had a nervous hand and injected way to fast. maybe 5 seconds or less for 1c of t-450. Also didn't warm it under hot water first either. Thanks for posting this Next pin due thursday so hopefully i won' have 36 hours of pain after this one.

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Nice Tip! I hate shots, freaks me out. Lucky me my GF is a nurse...convincing her is another story.

vk2
    vk2 is offline New Member
    So, so, SO glad I read this. This link should be provided to every new member before they can register (srs). Very informative read about how to properly inject.... just overall perfection with this post, thank you so much!

The Frame is offline New Member
    Just wondering are there any dangers of injecting it in your Buttocks? Like could hit a vital nerve/vain/ etc etc etc?? Just asking because its closeish to your spine

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries

1 thing

its only missing 1 thing and thats before switching needles need to clear the rest of gear out of 1st needle or you will lose a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    How to Inject From Another Site

How To Inject Steroids (HCG and HGH are different)
    All oil based and water based anabolic steroids should be taken intramuscularly. This means the shot must penetrate the skin and subcutaneous tissue to enter the muscle itself. Intramuscular injections are used when prompt absorption is desired, when larger doses are needed than can be given cutaneously or when a drug is too irritating to be given subcutaneously. The common sites for in tramuscular injectons include the buttock, lateral side of the thigh, and the deltoid region of the arm. Muscles in these areas, especially the gluteal muscles in the buttock, are fairly thick. Because of the large number of muscle fibers and extensive fascia, (fascia is a type of connective tissue that surrounds and separates muscles) the drug has a large surface area for absorption. Absorption is further promoted by the extensive blood supply to muscles. Ideally, intramuscular injections should be given deep within the muscle and away from major nerves and blood vessels.

The best site for steroid injections is in the gluteus medius muscle which is located in the upper outer quadrant of the buttock. The iliac crest serves as a landmark for this quadrant. The spot for an injection in an adult is usually to 7 1/2 centimeters (2 to 3 inches) below the iliac crest. The iliac crest is the top of the pelvic girdle on the posterior (back) side. You can find the iliac crest by feeling the uppermost bony area above each gluteal muscle. The upper outer quadrant is chosen because the muscle in this area is quite thick and has few nerves. The probability of injecting the drug into a blood vessel is remote in this area. Injecting here reduces the chance of injury to the sciatic nerve which runs through the lower and middle area of the buttock. It controls the posterior of each thigh and the entire leg from the knee down. If an injection is too close to this nerve or actually hits it, extreme pain and temporary paralysis can be felt in these areas. This is especially undesirable and warrants staying as far away from this area as possible.

Three Acceptable Sites for Intramuscular Injections are Shown:

A) Buttocks

B) Lateral Surface of the Thigh

C) Deltoid Region

If the gluteal region cannot be injected for some reason, the second choice would be the lateral portion of the thigh. Usually, intramuscular injections in the thigh are only indicated for infants and children. The vastus lateralis muscle is the only area of the thigh that should be injected intramuscularly. This site is determined by using the knee and the greater trochanter of the femur as landmarks. The greater trochanter is the bony area that you can feel where the femur joins the pelvic girdle. The mid portion of the muscle is located by measuring the handbreadth above the knee and the handbreadth below the greater trochanter. Injecting into the front of the thigh or inside of the thigh is extremely unwise. These areas contain nerves as well as a number of blood vessels.

What Needles to Use?
    It is important to choose the proper syringe for the administration of injectable anabolic steroids . The principle components of a syringe include a cylindrical barrel to one end of which a hollow needle is attached, and a close fitting plunger. The most acceptable syringe for injecting anabolic steroids is a 22 gauge 1 1/2" or 23 gauge 1" apparatus with a 3 cc case. This length allows for penetration to reach deep inside the muscle tissue. Shorter needles, 5/8" or 1/2" are usually not sufficient for intramuscular injections and occasionally leave a portion of the Injection in a subcutaneous area which will cause a swell between the skin and muscle as well as impaired absorption. The gauge size of a syringe represents the needle's diameter. The lower the gauge number, the wider. A 27 gauge needle is very thin. An 18 gauge is quite wide; it is often referred to as a cannon. Both 22 and 23 gauge needles are not so large that they are difficult to insert, yet are large enough for solutions to easily be propelled through them.

Glute injections: 23 gauge 1.5 inch long needles will do
    Thigh injections: 25 gauge 1 inch long needles will do
    Deltoid injections: 25 gauge 1 inch long needles will do.

Injection Procedures:
    There are a number of steps that should be understood in order to complete a safe and proper intramuscular injection. First off, before handling any needles or vials, the user should take a thorough shower. Next, an alcohol swab should be used to clean the injection site and another alcohol swab should be used to clean the rubber stopper on top of the vial which will be drawn from. Then, take a brand new syringe out of its wrapper, remove its plastic top, draw about 2 ccs of air into it and insert it into the vial. Inject this air into the vial; this creates pressure within the vial and makes it easier to draw out oil based preparations. Then, turn the vial upside-down and slowly draw out the oil until you have overdrawn at least 1/4 cc. For example, if someone were to take an injection of 1 cc, they should pull out approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 ccs of liquid, then tap the side of the case to help get the air bubbles that were drawn into the syringe to come to the top. At that point, the excess 1/4 to 1/2 cc could be injected back into the vial and the needle removed. Then, hold the syringe needle-side-up and continue to tap it to encourage all the air bubbles to come to the top of the syringe. Now, take another clean syringe, remove it from its sterile package and unscrew the needle from the syringe. Exchange the brand new needle for the one that has just been injected into the stopper. By using two needles for every injection, you can take advantage of using the full sharpness of the pin. The needle does suffer some dulling when it is pushed through the firm rubber stopper on a vial. It is important not to touch this needle before the injection. It should not come into contact with a counter top, your fingers, nor should it be cleaned with alcohol. This needle is sterile and should not be touched. At this point, once again swab the injection site with alcohol, then press the stopper of the syringe holding it needle-side-up, until the slight air bubbles that are at the top are pressed out. Once a bead of oil has appeared at the top of the needle, allow it run down the surface of the needle which provides lubrication. At this time, take the syringe and hold it like a dart. Use the other hand to stretch the skin at the injection site and simply push the sharp clean needle in. After inserting it deep into the muscle, pull back on the stopper for a few seconds to make sure it does not fill up with blood which would indicate that the needle had been injected into a blood vessel. Providing there is no blood present in the syringe, slowly press the stopper down until all the oil is injected. Then, quickly pull the needle out and take another alcohol swab and press firmly on the injection site. This will minimize bleeding, if there is any, and by firmly pressing on the injection site and slightly massaging it, some of the soreness may be eliminated. It is important that the liquid is not injected too quickly as this causes more pain at the site during the injection and in the proceeding days. After this procedure has been completed, return the plastic caps to shield the needles and make sure they are discarded properly. To avoid discomfort and excessive scar tissue at the injection site, it is not wise to inject more than 2 ccs of solution per shot. It is also not prudent to use the same injection site more than twice a week (once a week is preferred).

Hints for Injections:
    1) Always warm up the vial or ampule to body temperature before injection. You can do that by placing it under your arm for about five minutes or placing the amp in warm water. DO NOT MICROWAVE.
    2) Just before injection push the plunger to allow a drop of liquid to form on the end of the needle and let it run down the needle by holding it upside down. That lets the oil coat the needle and give it a bit more lubrication through the skin and muscle.
    3) Some people have reported rubbing Viatamin E on the injection site aids in recovery.

CleanCut is offline Junior Member
    I'm still nervous about injecting!

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    AHAHAH @ the diagram dude, he is hulk material.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    I'm still nervous about injecting!
    Go through all the steps slowly the first time (kept reading them over and over on my phone) and it will be no problem...other than conquering the fear. After you are done you will realize that the fear was unwarranted. Like so many other things in life.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    thats 4 sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Go through all the steps slowly the first time (kept reading them over and over on my phone) and it will be no problem...other than conquering the fear. After you are done you will realize that the fear was unwarranted. Like so many other things in life.

missionone is offline New Member
    What are your thoughts of injecting right into a testicle. I have heard this is for maximum use of the AAS?

JimInAK is offline Member
    I routinely inject 3 ml. in the glute, as that's currently my weekly dose. I rarely if ever leak following injection. Given the size of the glute muscle and the length of the needle (1-1/2"), do you think it's necessary to split my weekly shot into two injections?

Other information I've read states that 3 ml. is an acceptable shot for the glute.
    \

ijbickerdike is offline Associate Member
    For the glute injection what angle and direction do you inject???

JimInAK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ijbickerdike View Post
    For the glute injection what angle and direction do you inject???
    For me, I use the "dorsogluteal site" pretty much straight in, as shown on the Steroid Injection Info link on the front page of this site, found at: http://www.steroid.com/inject.php .

jla1986 is offline Junior Member
    Great post.

blazerelf is offline Associate Member
    got a question as many me know the 1st cycles u have you feel some sorness and pain in the area injected and from my know ledge you should not iject the same arm,glute,leg etc more than 1s a week or so but what happen if you are kind of sore still by the next week you have to inject that same area? is their any danger, extra pain or should i inject far away from the site pinched before?.
    By the way injecting an area different to the glute or shoulder is nto an option since i have no experience in any other area beside those 2 and im not willing to experiment in nowhere i have not being inject and tought by a professional in person for safety
    Last edited by blazerelf; 02-07-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information