D-Unit 39 is offline Member

Post Cycle Depression: Fact or Myth?

It's getting tough to sort out the facts and the media hype about the effects of AAS. Is there any truth the the "depression" that you can get into after coming off cycle?

Here's the reason I ask:

I'm unexpectedly moving to a new city (actually a pretty small town) for my job in about a week where I know nobody. I'm a little worried about meeting new people there and the ease with which one can get into a "down in the dumps" state in this situation. (Have read tons of stories about people moving to a new city alone and being totally depressed about it, not knowing anyone, etc.).

I don't really have a tendency to be depressed, but I certainly have my downturns in mood here and there.

I have a cycle (test E + EQ -- first cycle) planned that I was going to start in about two weeks. Do you think it would be wise to wait until I am acclimated in my new place, or is it all hype about the depression and just go ahead with it?

I'm thinking that by knowing nobody or anything around me, I won't really have any distractions and will be able to hit the gym harder than ever and really focus on my diet and workout. I just dont want to worry that after my cycle ends I'll feel like I made the wrong decision to accept the move, etc.

Any input is appreciated!!

jakk9011 is offline Junior Member
    After my first cycle (about 18 years ago) I believe I went into a bit of a depression but you wouldn't necessarilly have to. I quit cold turkey and knew nothing of PCT. I had gained about 17lbs during the cycle and looked awesome. I was dating more and hotter women than ever. I was on top of the world, lots of guys wanting to know how to work out and eat right. Then I went off, and with no PCT, proceeded to lose all of the weight I had gained and more. I felt weak and looked really skinny. People were saying "didn't you used to be big?".

Anyways.. my point is, I believe a lot of the addiction to steroids and depression, comes from guys who do not do PCT, do not continue to eat right and exercise the way they did on their cycle. As long as you don't see this as a 12 week period in your life where you exercise, eat right and do roids, then think that you can go back to not doing any of that, I think you will hang on to a lot of your gains depression will be far less of an issue.

just my 2 cents.
    Good luck
    Jakk

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Firstly, it is a FACT.
    B) Primarily because hormonal fluctuations have been proven to naturally influence mood.
    Three) The reason this particular mood is often depression has to do with: the end of your cycle; greatly decreasing testosterone levels ; slowly recovering natty levels and; the PCT addition of synthetic estrogen...for greater illustration of the latter, speak to ANY woman about her cycle.
    IV, I don't know exactly what the following means but it doesn't weigh favorably in such a decision:
    "but I certainly have my downturns in mood here and there."
    5)
    I'm thinking that by knowing nobody or anything around me, I won't really have any distractions and will be able to hit the gym harder than ever...
    I was able to experience this phenomenon when I moved for a while to the Bay area. MARVELOUS...IT CANNOT BE OVERSTATED!!!

-------------------

Don't let the past discourage you though. Call those fave five, hook up a computer camera, or hop a flight once a month. The world is much smaller now.

Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    of course its possible for the reasons stated above but i have personally run many, many high dose cycles and i never once had even the slightest case of depression after a cycle. i have my good days and my bad days just like everyone else but i have never felt any depression after stopping a cycle and when i did my first 2 cycles i had no clue what pct was. we used to taper off instead of using nolva because most of us didnt know what nolva and clomid was and there wasnt a thousand boards when i started

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    It's so simple: more than your natural test (administered exogenous) gives you more well-being and nice mood.
    Once you stop the exo test, your levels decrease and your suppressed natural hormone is still so low to get your good mood back, here comes one of the important functions of PCT.

biodiversity is offline Associate Member
    I usually get sensitive post cycle but not depressed , but only for 2 weeks, I think clomid and hcg make you sensitive.

Thread Information