Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb dealing w/ injection pain

i have seen alot of posts dealing w/ this and figured to try to help everyone
    *and i'm bored lol

Injection pain

pain from injections can come from 3 things: the needle injection, the initial pain, the pain later on

First the pain from the needle
    the pain from the needle itself... things u can do
    A) make sure its a fresh needle... use a different needle for drawing and injecting... i personally use a 23g 1.5" needle for drawing and a 25g 1" needle for injecting, and have 0 pain, other than a slight pinch when it goes in...

b) basically, you are going to have to get over your fear of needles its really not that big of a idea... if you are truely scared, you can have someone inject for you *that you trust* this will make it easier, and perhaps you can get the courage to do it yourself... sometimes you just need to do it

c) you can drink some fruit juice or have a piece of hard candy, this will help you from fainting/blacking out from the needle by nearly preventing your blood sugar from droppping too low

d) take a hot shower before injecting and tighten the skin w/ ur off hand, this will also help keep the oil in the muscle because the hole in the skin will end up being in a different place than the hole in the skin

e) have a steady hand: easy in, easy out... dont shake the needle in the skin...

f) for a first time, make sure you are in a comfortable place that you are ok w/ anything... such as bathroom floor

g) make sure the muscle is relaxed and you inject in the apex of the muscle (in injections like biceps/triceps/calves) or in the thick part (in injections like chest/quad/glute/deltoid)

h) *thanks to amorphic you might have hit a nerve with the needle, if your muscle twitchs or similar, relocate the shot... a shot in the nerve w/o proper "antinerve" meds in there to stop them from overstimulating... nerves arent fun to mess w/ esp if dont incorrectly...

pain immediately following the injection
    this pain can be due to an allergic reaction to the ester used, to high of a concentration for your personal tolerance, unsterile gear, to much ba%
    solutions:
    A) cut with sterile oil or EQ or b12 - this will make it less concentrated and the oil will help spread it out more in the muscle which will lessen the pain

B) make sure you trust the gear ur using, unsterile gear is not fun, you can get infections and such from it... if you find out u are using unsterile gear, i'd advise get some benzyl alcohol and filter it (with a .2micron filter) and then let it sit.. i'd advise 2% ba... for example, 100 ml's of gear, add 2 ml's of ba

C) to much ba% can cause a burning sensation, look at (A)

D) you injected into a vein, this will cause you to feel like you are about to die... heavy sweating, heavy breathing, extreme nausea, feeling faint... this feeling will go away about as quick as it came on, so no need to worry but make sure next time you aspirate correctly

pain at injection later on
    this pain can be due to being a virgin muscle, to much gear in one place, it feels like a bruise at the site of injection
    solutions:
    A) make sure you rub the muscle really well, and hard to massage the oil into the entire muscle

B) use a hot pad or cold pad on the site and then massage the oil in *hot or cold is your preference.... i'd recommend hot cause it would heat up the oil which makes it thinner and easier to spreadout

C) personally i inject what i am working out the same day
    ex. i am on a squat day, i shoot in my quad the same day
    this way, the muscle is worked and this will spread out the oil in the muscle and really help with lower pain... it will end up just feeling sore the entire muscle like you worked out real hard, which you should, but not much more than that... and esp if i shoot in my gluetes i definately run and do lunges the same day, this way it makes it way more bearable for the rest of the day

D) the 'bruise' feeling is just the pocket of oil in the muscle... similar to a bruise but instead of it being blood, its oil... so it will go away WAY faster than a bruise cause nothing had to heal, just has to disperse the oil in the muscle

E) take some ibuprofen, this will help with the pain, and since it is a NSAID, the anti-inflammatory part will help your own body remove the artificial 'inflammation' (gear) and be incorporated in the body *NSAID are known to inhibit protein synthesis, so dont go crazy w/ it.... (thanks to D-unit39)

there ya go... any suggestions? additions? just leave some comments
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 05-27-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    good post.

one thing worth mentioning might be that some pain (quads especially for me) can be related to hitting a nerve rather than injection etc.

if you see your quad start twitching when the pin is in, you may be in a nerve and should reloate your shot to avoid injecting into a nerve.

i injected into a nerve in my quad and the pain was unbelievable, swelling around my knee and massive crippling pain for about a week

D-Unit 39 is offline Member
    Also worth mentioning that NSAID's have been linked to inhibiting protein systhesis, so they should be used sparingly while trying to build muscle.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah i was counting on people not overdosing it also... i dunno w/ some comments that people say ....

SoCoSpartan is offline Junior Member
    Yes I second beware the quad nerve. Very painful.

Thread Information