Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Short burst cycling- explained

The_Bezerker is offline New Member
    alright marcus lol thanks for the edit but for the benefit of me and others trying to learn please identify the areas of my above statement on priming that are scientifically and factually inaccurate? is the human bodies response to starvation is farily well documented i would truly love to know how i am in correct in my theory

please marcus elaborate

there are no contradictions drugs do make bodybuilding. Stop cycling for 1 year and then do a contest see how well you place.... And yes massive eating is essential to bodybuilding and drug usage. Lastly why go on trt after cycle that totally defeats the purpose of short cycles as if you are on maiatence dosage your hpta is still suppressed so the benefit of short blast cycles no longer exist. And yes i beleive in non hpta supressing bridges like running igf-1 and 2 grhp pgf-2a, insulin , growth, etc etc stuff that doesnt keep you shut down so ur hpta axis can recover and u can still put on muscle

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    you carry on son with what works for you.

see marcus its this attitude i cannot stand. You critique my theories say i contradict myself and tell others on this site to not listen to what i write. then when i ask you in your infinite wisdom to provide information that will prove me wrong you offer nothing but sarcastic remarks

please marcus if you cannot offer 1 peaice of information that disproves my theorys please do not label them as foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bezerker View Post
    see marcus its this attitude i cannot stand. You critique my theories say i contradict myself and tell others on this site to not listen to what i write. then when i ask you in your infinite wisdom to provide information that will prove me wrong you offer nothing but sarcastic remarks

please marcus if you cannot offer 1 peaice of information that disproves my theorys please do not label them as foolish.
    When I read your posts in this thread they don't make sense. I've told you that going into starvation will reset the metabolism and that's not the way I prime because you want to work off a maintenance diet and you don't want your metabolism changing, if you do fair enough but I don't and if you want to know my prime read my thread on it. If your happy you carry on doing what works but all you have been doing in this thread is arguing about everything and not making sense.

oker is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=The_Bezerker;5366893]
    Quote Originally Posted by oker View Post
    I thought it was clear what I plan to do bro - I'm going to be doing your prime for the next 4-6 weeks which would normally be my cruise period, except in my cruise I usually carb up for mass, but will now closely follow your system with the 3 to 1 carb ratio as it is outlined in your priming thread. More specifically, 3 days low carbs 1 day high. To prepare myself for the blast. “… this will create a very anabolic environment for muscle tissue to grow…”.

This is what you say in your post on priming so thought it would be clear that I've read it.

Oker not trying to bash you here. As you are just following advice given to you. But this is not how you prime at all and 4-6 weeks of priming is ridiculous.

The purpose of a prime is to get your body into a type of "survival mode". This is called controlled Catabolism. The purpose of Controlled catabolism is to consume more calories then you take in. This causes your body to go into survival mode and in response it starts upregulating all different kinds of receptor sites, enzymes, hormones etc etc in an attempt to use and store every single nutrient that comes its way to prevent starvation. Pretty much "priming" is when we take advantage of our body's own survival mechinisms and create a controlled starvation so our body gets ready to absorb any nutrients digested. This if done right can equate to signifgant muscle gain.

when priming you dont run Growth hormone you dont cycle carbs, basically all you have to do is reduce your calorie intake by half train and do cardio everyday for 14 days until your body is well overtrained. Now after this two weeks of starvation and overtraining you have created a awsome environment for muscle growth as the body in response will have up regulated anabolic receptors sites and nutrient storage sites.

This is it this is all you have to do for your prime no 4-6 weeks no carb cycling and no need for growth hormone

i think i may right a thread on the correct way to do blast cycles
    I think Marcus's theories on priming/blasting are very clear and suit my current regimen very well indeed. To be more specific, based on my diet/cycle history Marcus’s prime and blast are similar in may ways to what I'm already doing, so it‘s not like I‘m new to this idea. I always do some form of carb cycling because I'm sensitive to carbs and tend to blow up or look soft when eaten. This is why I do the keto diet while cutting I can eat as much fat as I want and still looked ripped. Genetically some people don’t get fat while eating carbs, but I do so I’m careful with them.

Now I'm going to follow Marcus’s advice for a few reasons I’m not just blatantly jumping into this with no idea, but have researched it carefully.
    Firstly, I like the idea of carb-cycling, because raising my carbs slowly over a period of time (as Marcus has suggested) makes perfect sense because I want to put on size minus the soft look, and, from experience this works well for me and is how I bulk anyway, that is, by carb-cycling and/or via a keto diet with a carb-up day. Secondly, I like the idea of a 30 day blast cycle as I agree with Marcus (and many others) that after 4 weeks gains slow down, and from my personal experience after doing many cycles I didn't make a lot gains after a 4 week period anyway, so I’m willing to try the 30 day blast at a higher dose.

I think Marcus has some good advice and is an experienced BB so I don’t think you should be knocking the guy, but read all of his threads carefully as there is some intelligent, sound advice in there. Marcus is NOT suggesting that I follow all he as said to a T, but carefully incorporate these ideas by taking your cycle/diet history into account, and adjust it accordingly, which is what I’m doing. Many people have theories on priming/blasting, for example, Ronnie Rowland offers his account on the concept in a very interesting thread. The point is that his, and Ronnie’s theories may conflict with your own ideas, but it doesn’t make them wrong, but each has created their own ideas on the concept of priming/blasting with obvious variations (one must read between the lines of any theory). Both Marcus and Ronnie are experienced BB’s and have put these theories into practice so they do actually work, so give the guy a break bro.

sixey is offline Associate Member
    i havent read the whole thread, but i am finishing up my cut before i start my cycle in a few weeks. just dieting and cardio as hard as i possibly can, really getting down and not worrying about depleting myself. my belief is that it will indeed promote a more anabolic environment (as marcus has posted). and also i am prone to estrogenic related sides, so the less bodyfat the better for me. also gains will look alot better on a physique with %10 or less bodyfat. im chomping at the bit to start this cycle, but giving it 2 more weeks to try to drop another 5lbs (using var and ec, combined with a brutal diet+cardio so 5lbs should be nooo problemo)

stefan_bjj is offline New Member
    Marcus, how can I adapt this cycle to a bjj precompetion. What other compounds are good to mixed with t.propionat?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan_bjj View Post
    Marcus, how can I adapt this cycle to a bjj precompetion. What other compounds are good to mixed with t.propionat?
    What is your cycle history?
    Stats?

COMANCHERO13 is offline New Member
    real good thread. always have heard the opposite about anabolics. low dosages longer cycles. real interesting. this is probably a stupid question, but does this same concept work with over the counter prohormones? im 21 so from everything iv ever heard, 21 is way to young to mess with anobolics. so im not trying to **** with them if thats true. started lifting weights in prison at a young age. am in amazing shape. real thick. but wondering where i should go from here to take it to the next level.

shennen is offline Associate Member
    still suppressed so the benefit of short blast cycles no longer exist
    Pretty much proves you didnt read the entire thread, youre information on this topic is a joke/laugh off compared to an experienced BB trying to assist others with a method that works well for him and reduced sides greatly WHILE providing excellent growth.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bezerker View Post
    there are no contradictions drugs do make bodybuilding. Stop cycling for 1 year and then do a contest see how well you place.... And yes massive eating is essential to bodybuilding and drug usage. Lastly why go on trt after cycle that totally defeats the purpose of short cycles as if you are on maiatence dosage your hpta is still suppressed so the benefit of short blast cycles no longer exist. And yes i beleive in non hpta supressing bridges like running igf-1 and 2 grhp pgf-2a, insulin, growth, etc etc stuff that doesnt keep you shut down so ur hpta axis can recover and u can still put on muscle
    LOL
    Do you know what TRT is? Id look into it an reread this, then maybe youll understand why your 'theorys' are labeled as foolish. What exactly are you trying to do here Bezerker? Discredit Marcus for his write up? hahahaahahhhah

Anyway, Good info marcus, Gonna try to prime before my next cycle. Thanks.

Thanks

Kdub is offline Associate Member
    Great info as always Marcus. Cheers!

What about Burst Cycles with Long esters? Deca , Enanthate , Cypionate , Primo?

If we were to use 4,000 mgs of Prop (short ester) over 30 days (1000 mg/wk) as the primary growth compound, how would we use Enanthate?

2000 mg each week for the first two weeks then stop seeing as the long ester remains for roughly 14 days? This method would take us out out to the 30 day mark then run PCT?

Kdub is offline Associate Member
    Double post.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Marcus,

I have just finished reading the thread and will read it a few more times to Prime/Saturate my brain (so much good information) thanks for taking the time to write a well written, concise and very detailed thread.

For anyone who thinks the thread is incorrect, please write your own thread instead of trying to interrogate Marcus on his system. There are way too many people who just want to have a point clarified which may benifit many others, rather than redirecting the thread into a college debate.

Thanks again,

FFM

rc_p90 is offline Associate Member
    love this thread. subd

EDIT: Would Keto be ok for 'Priming' with 1 refeed a week? I find Keto to be so much easier to log than a carb cycling diet.
    Last edited by rc_p90; 12-02-2010 at 10:39 AM.

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    bump- awesome thread

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    Again Marcus, i now better understand. Thanks!

liveinyourbody is offline New Member
    Wow great info hear Marcus, Finishing my prime as we speak! Keep up the amazing information brother!

^^^ glad to hear it

Marcus one question pls, I know you said it is cycle history dependant, but in your exp what way of pct did you find most effective for gains. Option A- complete pct, 4-6 wks after 30 day burst.....or Option B- bridge cycle with low test for 2/3 weeks then another burst cycle for 30 days, or does this defeat the whole burst purpose?
    I was just thinking that with doing 2 seperate burst you shutdown HTPA COMPLETELY 2 times, compared to just one shut down with the bridged cycle?
    WhatAre your thoughts marcus? Thanks again great info

Quote Originally Posted by liveinyourbody View Post
    Marcus one question pls, I know you said it is cycle history dependant, but in your exp what way of pct did you find most effective for gains. Option A- complete pct, 4-6 wks after 30 day burst.....or Option B- bridge cycle with low test for 2/3 weeks then another burst cycle for 30 days, or does this defeat the whole burst purpose?
    I was just thinking that with doing 2 seperate burst you shutdown HTPA COMPLETELY 2 times, compared to just one shut down with the bridged cycle?
    WhatAre your thoughts marcus? Thanks again great info
    There are many ways to cycle so this method is just like any other way of cycling, do you normally go into pct or do you bridge and go to the next cycle. If you bridge 2 short cycles together it becomes a long cycle or a slingshot deload reload cycle. Bridging will depend on your goals and what you want to achieve vs risks. Ive ran many different ways with burst cycles but the choice is yours if you should bridge or not. Many would state your defeating the object of running a short cycle and recovering but there are many who brdige short cycles together with great gains vs low sides.

That makes it cut and clear for me. No bridging, defeats the purpose and thank you for clearing that up.
    SinceThis is an on gong educational thread I will ask just one more ?

How long should one wait after a complete pct recovery to do another burst?

Again thank you marcus for your knowledge.

That makes it cut and clear for me. No bridging, defeats the purpose and thank you for clearing that up.
    SinceThis is an on gong educational thread I will ask just one more ?

How long should one wait after a complete pct recovery to do another burst?

Again thank you marcus for your knowledge.
    Again depends on the goals and what your trying to achieve but I liked priming again after pct and then hitting another cycle in around 6 weeks time. Bridging is another way but to be honest if your not competing I would stay away from it.

Got it, I will put 6wks between them to recover and start the priming process again. very interested to see what this short burst will do with hard work pushing it. Will log results from start to finish with blood work involved before and after. Thanks Marcus

xeroxy is offline Junior Member
    I read about this a couple of years ago and i was very sceptical to say the least, so i tried it, to say i was pleasantly suprised would be the understatment of the year, i was amazed with the results.
    My cycles have totally changed and so has my physique.

Got it, I will put 6wks between them to recover and start the priming process again. very interested to see what this short burst will do with hard work pushing it. Will log results from start to finish with blood work involved before and after. Thanks Marcus
    No you need to recover first and do either a 4 or 6 wk pct and once recoverd you can start to prime again for the next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxy View Post
    I read about this a couple of years ago and i was very sceptical to say the least, so i tried it, to say i was pleasantly suprised would be the understatment of the year, i was amazed with the results.
    My cycles have totally changed and so has my physique.
    That happens to most people who try this way of cycling, the gains are amazing and the transformation can be matched IMHO, well done and thanks for the feedback

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    marcus bit confused atm.

re: once you have have primed and start the 30 day burst. do you keep the diet the same? 3/4 low 1 high? but above maintenance

also

when do the short burst. do you do a standard PCT protocol? then do time off time on method? and prime again whilst waiting?
    Last edited by t-gunz; 04-19-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    marcus bit confused atm.

re: once you have have primed and start the 30 day burst. do you keep the diet the same? 3/4 low 1 high? but above maintenance

also

when do the short burst. do you do a standard PCT protocol? then do time off time on method? and prime again whilst waiting?
    Priming is what you do before you start the cycle, its a pre cycle prime to create a very anabolic environment. Once you start the cycle weather that's a 30 day cycle,6 week cycle or any other length cycle you have to increase the calories and feed the growth (eat to grow) at this very excitable phase from day 1.

Some guys tend to hold water due to the carb increases straight after the prime, if your one of these guys you need to slowly increase the carbs over the first 2 weeks of the cycle so you dont hold as much water. But others dont and you can increase the calories start from day 1 and keep increasing as your develop along the cycle, this is something what your going to have to work out yourself but if you have never primed before it will be a learning curve for your future primes. For me, I use to increase from day 1 and carry on increasing throughout the cycle and use this special time to my advantage.

You can run any kind of cycle after a prime but a short cycle suits it much better, 6 weeks and under would be ideal. I use to do a lot of burst short cycles which meant i would only run 30 days cycle but more intense than the standard short cycle and dosages, these types of cycles/primes is were I built the best tissue of my life, I increased in muscle tissue dramatically and I never went back to standard length of cycling again.

Looking back over your previous PCT's will give you an indication on how you recover after a cycle, using what you have used before will do just fine, standard pct fits perfectly.

Priming - cycle - pct - and then prime again for around 6-8wks is what protocol I use to use. Depending which level and what your trying to achieve would be a big influence on when you go back on cycle.

excellent very detailed. thanks marcus. im pretty much sorted now. just will concentrate on the diet training and cardio. so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    excellent very detailed. thanks marcus. im pretty much sorted now. just will concentrate on the diet training and cardio. so far so good
    Keep me informed how your getting on

stpete is offline Banned
    Great read Marcus! Not really sure why i'm just now coming across your thread and not a few years ago. Anyway, it gave me some great ideas as i just started a short 6 week cycle today including tren a and test prop.
    Not really sure what to say about your profile pic.....haha...

stpete is offline Banned
    Trying to remove double post. Sorry.
    Last edited by stpete; 06-04-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Great read Marcus! Not really sure why i'm just now coming across your thread and not a few years ago. Anyway, it gave me some great ideas as i just started a short 6 week cycle today including tren a and test prop.
    Not really sure what to say about your profile pic.....haha...

well ill give you my input as im implementing this as we speak.

1. take your time priming. if you feel you need to prime a touch longer do it. as it will be worth it.

2. make sure your training is up to scratch its only a short time on the cycle and you really need to give EVERYTHING you have. no half ass'd work as you will not reap the benefits.

i am on test p and tren a and i will never use a long easter compound again nor will i do very long cycles anymore.

hope this helps mate.

good luck mate. research this as much as possible. it can work WONDERS

stickyfingers is offline Junior Member
    marcus would you be able to post up and example of what sort of routine you think is best to be used during such a cycle

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stickyfingers View Post
    marcus would you be able to post up and example of what sort of routine you think is best to be used during such a cycle

cheers
    Any kind of HIT style training works great with short burst cycling. I incorporate alot of intense techniques when on short burst cycles mostly they are dropsets to failure reps, forced and negs usually over 1-2 working sets. This kind of training is rough on the body but its only for a short period of time so you can get mentally focused and wont get burnt out because its not ran for weeks on end. You need to recruit as many fibres as possible while training to you encourage and push growth at this very anabolic time.

STAN. is offline Banned - Water Logged Biotch!
    fantastic read.

angelo212 is offline New Member
    Great read Marcus. This is the way I'm going for now on.

Bump

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information