Garbanzo Dude is offline Member

Pepcid AC and other Antacids for Orals

A good friend of mine suffered a bad shoulder injury playing basketball the Doc's put him cort********* or perdisones not sure exactly which....but at the doses he is taking they also told him to take Pepcid AC complete...which is like Pepcid+Tums.....does anyone know if taking something like this would lower the absorbation and effectiveness of orals such as Winny, Anavar or TBol?

Nitro29 is offline Member
    I hope not because I take the hell out of it.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Other medicines—Although certain medicines should not be used together at all, in other cases two different medicines may be used together even if an interaction might occur. In these cases, your doctor may want to change the dose, or other precautions may be necessary. When you are taking anabolic steroids , it is especially important that your health care professional know if you are taking any of the following:

Acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol) (with long-term, high-dose use) or
    Amiodarone (e.g., Cordarone) or
    Androgens (male hormones) or
    Anti-infectives by mouth or by injection (medicine for infection) or
    Antithyroid agents (medicine for overactive thyroid) or
    Carbamazepine (e.g., Tegretol) or
    Carmustine (e.g., BiCNU) or
    Chloroquine (e.g., Aralen) or
    Dantrolene (e.g., Dantrium) or
    Daunorubicin (e.g., Cerubidine) or
    Disulfiram (e.g., Antabuse) or
    Divalproex (e.g., Depakote) or
    Estrogens (female hormones) or
    Etretinate (e.g., Tegison) or
    Gold salts (medicine for arthritis) or
    Hydroxychloroquine (e.g., Plaquenil) or
    Mercaptopurine (e.g., Purinethol) or
    Methotrexate (e.g., Mexate) or
    Methyldopa (e.g., Aldomet) or
    Naltrexone (e.g., Trexan) (with long-term, high-dose use) or
    Oral contraceptives (birth control pills) containing estrogen or
    Phenothiazines (acetophenazine [e.g., Tindal], chlorpromazine [e.g., Thorazine], fluphenazine [e.g., Prolixin], ****ridazine [e.g., Serentil], perphenazine [e.g., Trilafon], prochlorperazine [e.g., Compazine], promazine [e.g., Sparine], promethazine [e.g., Phenergan], thioridazine [e.g., Mellaril], trifluoperazine [e.g., Stelazine], triflupromazine [e.g., Vesprin], trimeprazine [e.g., Temaril]) or
    Phenytoin (e.g., Dilantin) or
    Plicamycin (e.g., Mithracin) or
    Valproic acid (e.g., Depakene)—Taking anabolic steroids with any of these medicines may increase the chances of liver damage. Your doctor may want you to have extra blood tests to check for this if you must take both medicines
    Anticoagulants, oral (blood thinners you take by mouth)—Anabolic steroids can increase the effect of these medicines and possibly cause excessive bleeding

Dont think so its not on the list
    That sucks though i am taking depakote!! I didnt realize it was hard on the liver

Nitro29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21 View Post
    That sucks though i am taking depakote!! I didnt realize it was hard on the liver

That does suck!

Good stuff James....I don't see the active ingredients of Gas-X or Pepcid on here..But I was more curious if they the Antacids would take away from the bioavailabilty of the anabolic compounds....What are you taking the Valproic for? headaches?

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    naw if it hindered the bioavailability then it would recommend not to use them together. Other drugs on the same site say to "seperate 2-4 hours from antacid" because it hinders their bioavailability. I was taking valproic for bipolar, stuff makes you feel dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by james21 View Post
    naw if it hindered the bioavailability then it would recommend not to use them together. Other drugs on the same site say to "seperate 2-4 hours from antacid" because it hinders their bioavailability. I was taking valproic for bipolar, stuff makes you feel dumb.

I'm not sure....if it will work for you or not? But I take Lexapro for anxiety my doc told me and I know from personal experince it's fine with steroid use .

Thread Information