warriorsays is offline New Member

Taking Steroids with antidepressants?

I am currently taking steroids (pills) while taking antidepressants Clomiramine(300 mg) and Invega(3 mg). I used to have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder but I have been clean for 3 years. I have tried 5 cycles of steroids all pills and one was a shake through the past 3 years. I haven't gotten any good results. Some of the side effects of the antidepressants are oversleeping, lack of sex drive and frequent urinating. I find that all the water/protein shakes/glutamine I drink goes right through me and I have to get up 5-10 times in the middle of the night to take a piss. I don't think the supplements are getting to my muscles properly. I dunno why I am on such a high dose of meds. I have been ocd clean for 3 years now. Im thinking about switching psychologists. I think I am getting ****ed over by my current one. Also should I try needles since the juice goes directly into your muscles? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    First of all welcome. Post your stats...age,height weight, training experience in years, and what your goals are. Then we can get started.
    Last edited by inky-e; 05-27-2008 at 02:46 PM.

22 years old
    173 pounds
    5'11"
    5-6 years weight training
    max bench 200 lbs
    max squat: 240
    deadlift: 300
    (pretty pathetic stats considering how long I have been working out for)

Im taking Vanadyl ph, Purple K, NO Shotgun, L-Glutamine, CLA, Unbound Energy Multivitamines.

Dado5 is offline Associate Member
    Im taking paxil for last 3 years and am on my sec. cycle of sust. and deca .
    No problems here at all.

Can't take any fat burners or even redbull. it messes me up pretty bad.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Man this is not for you at all.

muaythaiguy76 is offline Associate Member
    i find it hard to believe you have been weight training for multiple years and still under 200 lbs check your diet before you even consider i am diagnosed bipolar and i can tell you it can be rough for my "normal" friends coming off harsh compounds with a good pct and hell for me at times mentally i go through some of my worst lows whilst being off

Bulldog1115 is offline Member
    not to be an ass ..but steroids + anti-depressants= Chris Beniot???????? lol ..no but really maybe test at 500mg/w ..and nothing else..try and limit your compounds

Rock-King is offline New Member

Mental disorders

I am new here and my knowledge of steroids is not as great as some here. One thing I am knowledgeable on is Addiction, Deppresion and other mental disorders. If you have a past with such problems DO NOT USE DRUGS INCLUDING STEROIDS. One thing that is for sure is you will develop a dependancy in time. Your mental health is more important than your physique I promise.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    OK bro this is my take on this...You're on prescribed meds for depression and also OCD, you've been free of OCD for three years now, I think thats great news.Changing shrinks now would be a bad idea, if you stop the meds you will fall back into OCD and be totally depressed and messed up.I think a more realistic goal for you would be to continue to get better as far as the diagnosed conditions you have. Continue to work-out hard and get your diet in check and see if you can get some results that way.Maybe changing up your routine will prompt your body to grow some. Finally I DON"T think steroids is the way to go for you right now. The meds you are taking are medically necessary for you. Steroids are not .In some cases people get steroids prescribed by their doc's and then its a medical issue. I also think steroids may compound your condition and maybe even awaken that monster OCD. I know you probably didn't want to hear that,but thats the way I see it. I DO wish you well and continued success with your recovery.

Good News: I saw my psychologist today. He decreased my medication by half so now im only taking 150 mg clomipramine.

Bad News: He thinks I might have diabetes so I am getting my blood checked tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dado5 View Post
    Im taking paxil for last 3 years and am on my sec. cycle of sust. and deca .
    No problems here at all.
    yeah will see how my new dosage treats me. If im still not seeing any results and feeling tired all the time, having to go to the pisser a million times a day then I will ask about going on paxil. I was actually on it before about 4 years ago and had the best gaines of my life from NX Cares Hypergrowth Creatine. I wasn't even eating right, lifting correctly or taking any other supplements like a protein shake or glutamine, or juice etc...Then My OCD started getting worse from stupid worrying thoughts that aern't true. I think I have outgrown ocd. That shit will never get back to me again. Another good medication I hear is good is prozac. There is no drowsiness. Anyways thanks for your help guys.

respek is offline Associate Member
    I agree with what the last two people have said. Your mental health is MUCH more important than being big. I come across people everyday at the gym who are built from their aas use. However, they have no confidence and are not truly happy with themselves. Muscle just like money will not give you happiness. Hapiness is a state of mind that comes from within. Take care of your mental health first. I know someone who takes Prozac for OCD and it is very helpful. Paxil is also a very good med.

hdd123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorsays View Post
    I am currently taking steroids(pills) while taking antidepressants Clomiramine(300 mg) and Invega(3 mg). I used to have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder but I have been clean for 3 years. I have tried 5 cycles of steroids all pills and one was a shake through the past 3 years. I haven't gotten any good results. Some of the side effects of the antidepressants are oversleeping, lack of sex drive and frequent urinating. I find that all the water/protein shakes/glutamine I drink goes right through me and I have to get up 5-10 times in the middle of the night to take a piss. I don't think the supplements are getting to my muscles properly. I dunno why I am on such a high dose of meds. I have been ocd clean for 3 years now. Im thinking about switching psychologists. I think I am getting ****ed over by my current one. Also should I try needles since the juice goes directly into your muscles? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    You should check not only mental, but also physical health (sanity lives in an intact flesh). If you r urinating so often, it might be kidneys' prob. It'd not also be a good idea to continue to take many of those psychotropic drugs, if your kidneys r sick or damaged. Find some good endocrinologist and tell all the physical health problems or bad feelings you have. R not you also on diuretics- they may cause a lot of fluid loss and also muscle weakness and tiredness.

respek is offline Associate Member
    The last guy is telling you that it might be a good idea taking those psychiatropic drugs. Obviously, he has no idea what he is talking about and he is not a Psychiatrist. My advice is to let the Psychiatrist determine what medicine you need to control your OCD. I would be more concerned about AAS than I would be about psychotropic drugs.

hdd123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by respek View Post
    The last guy is telling you that it might be a good idea taking those psychiatropic drugs. Obviously, he has no idea what he is talking about and he is not a Psychiatrist. My advice is to let the Psychiatrist determine what medicine you need to control your OCD. I would be more concerned about AAS than I would be about psychotropic drugs.
    Guy you r talking about does not recommend things you posted... u stupid punk-ass kid. Try to learn to read, before making any conclusions

P.S. Every drug is dangerous, if used out of place or incorrectly in respective case. Psychotropic drugs may be quite difficult to adjust to concrete disorder (very often doc will try many versions, before starting serious treatment).
    Last edited by hdd123; 05-31-2008 at 11:34 AM.

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    I'm on 40mg of celexa. I might stop taking it during my next cycle and start again during PCT.

Thread Information