HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member

Torn Chest (possibly bicept)

I was arm wrestling and heard something tear! My whole bicept is purple and a lil bit of my chest. Im half way through my cycle of test and primo and need to know what my options are! Ive been to the doc and he doesnt think its too serious although i disagree. I asked him to give me an MRI but he said to hold off for a week to see how it heals...

if anyone can give me some thoughts, what i should do with cycle, how i can work out etc it would be apreciated!!! Most importantly, if anyone knows how long i'll be out for? (i have Vegas in a month and need to be lookin good!! lol)

****I also posted this thread in the injuries forum as well****

iagainsti is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to hear about the injury. Arm wrestling ? Are you serious ? I feel bad for you but not too bad j/k. If you doc doesnt think its torn then I would proceed as normal with the cycle to see how it heals. Just work what you can. If it appears this injury will prevent you from working upperbody for a extended time then I would jetison the cycle and begin pct, demanding on how long you have been on. If the damage is all musclar and not tendon or cartiledge related the aas should actually promote faster healing and recovery.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    How's the pain? One time I hurt my hamstring real bad, it got all purple and it hurt like a mother fukr!

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I tore my Pec many years ago and you could see the blood under the skin(Purple) I would start my PCT right now and have an MRI, and maybe a second opinion. Good Luck Brother and really keep us posted on this one. Maybe get some Pic's up too

I think its an all muscle injury, but will stop me from lifting upper body. Im 6 weeks into cycle. Im thinking all cardio abs and diet might not be so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    How's the pain? One time I hurt my hamstring real bad, it got all purple and it hurt like a mother fukr!
    bad! cant touch or move it to much

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I tore a hamstring once, I know what you're going through. I always use RICE, Rest Ice Compression and Elevation it helps. Don't be afraid of the anti-inflamitories either.
    Good luck,
    CR

mick86 is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about you injury bro. I suffered a grade 2 tear of my pec major benching 115kg back in January and only had bruising in my bicep so perhaps thats what you have done also. Within 3 months I was benching 95kg naturally and now after 6 weeks into a cycle im benching 135kg for 5 reps (thats my PB). At the time that I injured it I could not even change gears while driving but still trained at the gym the next day (just my non injured side). Hope that gives you some hop of a quick recovery. I advise seeing a physio and getting regular ultrasound and deep tissue massage.

As for what to do about your cycle, thats a tricky one. I guess it depends if you think hat you are going to be able to train hard enough to gain enough benefit, I personally would say that if you are as affected as I was then you should stop and give it a few months. On the flip side some steroids may help the recovery precess, perhaps test a little but especially HGH.

Btw I also got injured arm wrestling this year (strained both elbows while on cycle), when I have more time I think I will make a thread to worn everyone of the dangers of arm wrestling. For the mean time:

To all members, please do your self a favor and refrain from all arm wrestling challengers

(sorry my response has been a little rushed)

binder is offline Member
    i would listen to the doc. getting an MRI right off the bat isn't going to fix anything, just going to cost you a lot of money.

listen to your MEDICAL DOCTOR. i know most of you bitch about how dumb you think MD's are, but look at you, you ran right to him so might as well listen to him if you took the time to see him.

i would be smarter to wait anyways, let it heal a bit and let hte swelling go down. You'll get a nicer picture on MRI that way.

suck about your injury, but you gotta ask yourself, what is more important, screwing off or training? i would probably recommend stopping anything that could injury you if you are contest prepping. i took that advise from my coach and don't even ride my motorcycle anymore just in case.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
    I think its an all muscle injury, but will stop me from lifting upper body. Im 6 weeks into cycle. Im thinking all cardio abs and diet might not be so bad...
    Add some legs in there and your good to go. Feel better bro..

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you at least win the arm wrestling match?

Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    Did you at least win the arm wrestling match?

all ten!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by mick86 View Post
    Sorry to hear about you injury bro. I suffered a grade 2 tear of my pec major benching 115kg back in January and only had bruising in my bicep so perhaps thats what you have done also. Within 3 months I was benching 95kg naturally and now after 6 weeks into a cycle im benching 135kg for 5 reps (thats my PB). At the time that I injured it I could not even change gears while driving but still trained at the gym the next day (just my non injured side). Hope that gives you some hop of a quick recovery. I advise seeing a physio and getting regular ultrasound and deep tissue massage.

As for what to do about your cycle, thats a tricky one. I guess it depends if you think hat you are going to be able to train hard enough to gain enough benefit, I personally would say that if you are as affected as I was then you should stop and give it a few months. On the flip side some steroids may help the recovery precess, perhaps test a little but especially HGH.

Btw I also got injured arm wrestling this year (strained both elbows while on cycle), when I have more time I think I will make a thread to worn everyone of the dangers of arm wrestling. For the mean time:

To all members, please do your self a favor and refrain from all arm wrestling challengers

(sorry my response has been a little rushed)

that was a great post bro and made me feel alot better!! thanks for everything!

Emilio_Rebenga is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with my boy TJM7275...get a 2nd opinion

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
    that was a great post bro and made me feel alot better!! thanks for everything!
    No worries, I should mention that for rehab apart from seeing my physio weekly, after a week or 2 I started doing vertical push ups while standing against a wall, then floor dumbbell press with something like 2kg but sets or around 30. Did this twice every day to increase blood flow to the muscle in the hopes of speeding up recovery and to try to retain a full range of motion after the healing process. I just slowly worked the weight up to around 10kg-15 slowly reducing reps and eventually started doing flys with around 500g to 1kg (flys were the last thing to come back, I'm still training light on them, around 15kg for strict and 25kg for compounds). Also started using various chest machines. After perhaps 2 months I was ready to start bench pressing just the 20kg bar and was able to add around 5-10kg each week untill I got up to 95kg

It helps some what to continue to eat well I believe and I also took 16g of glutimine per day split in2 4 doses in the hopes of aiding my recovery.

As my chest healed I was slowly but surely able to add in more and more exercise using the injured side, I found that after a few weeks, even though my chest was still rather injured, I could seated row heavy for example. In the mean time I just did what I could and modified my training.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by mick86; 05-29-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Just to give an update...

I havnt recd my MRI yet but when i asked the doc about doing juice while recovering, he said thats the worst thing i could do! Which makes sense b/c steroids dries out tendons and joints and my tendon/muscle is what i could have possibly damaged... Any thoughts on what i should do since i have about 3.5 weeks left of my cycle? thanks

its all good

Thread Information