Nitro29 is offline Member

Mood change, specifically confidence

Hey guys,

One of my main goals I am looking for in my cycle is increased self confidence. Not just the indirect confidence that will naturally come along with my improved physique, but true, natural, deep down, self confidence. Have you noticed this in your cycle, if so to what extent, and to which compound/ dosage, do you attribute the change/ improvement? From what I understand Test E, which I am taking should help with this, but mine hasnt really kicked in yet as I have just started week 3. Any and all opinions are welcome, Tia...Nitro

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    How old are you?

Just turned 36

Maverick_J8 is offline Member
    True confidence is based on beliefs and self/internal validation - Knowing what one is capable of.

Looking to the external for that confidence (in this instance bloody steroids ), will have you pissing in the wind. It will fall down like a tone of bricks at the sign of a bad day. Not to mention during PCT, assuming you know what that is.

It's a long process. Take time each day and learn to gain your confidence from within.

Working towards building the physique of your dreams is a start.
    Last edited by Maverick_J8; 06-08-2008 at 10:36 AM.

QuadPower is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick_J8 View Post
    True confidence is based on beliefs and self/internal validation - Knowing what one is capable of.

Looking to the external for that confidence (in this instance bloody steroids ), will have you pissing in the wind. It will fall down like a tone of bricks at the sign of a bad day. Not to mention during PCT, assuming you know what that is.

It's a long process. Take time each day and learn to gain your confidence from within.

x2... Excellent post.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Good post.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member

Great Post Maverick

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    i use alcohol for confidence..............

Thank you Maverick for your response. I agree with the others, that it is an excellent one and right on the mark.

Unfortunately, I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder, which has led to some social anxiety and even a couple of phobias. I am doing all of the "normal" things one would do to recover from these, but it is a long, slow, pride swallowing fight every single day, as you pointed out. I will continue the hard work on that end, but unfortunately some never fully recover from these things, and I am trying everything at this point, including the "unorthodox". My Dr's are fully aware of what I am doing and are not standing in my way at all. And yes, I am sightly worried about PCT.

Anything I can do to help get my self confidence back up is going to be extremely beneficial to me overcoming my obstacles. I have heard that Test E can really help with that, and I was just wondering to what extent that is true and any other things that might just help give me the boost I need. Thanks, any inout is appreciated...Nitro
    Last edited by Nitro29; 06-08-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    i use alcohol for confidence..............

Pretty good short term, lousy long term in my experience.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    When were you diagnosed with ptsd?

BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    i kind of understand where he is coming from.....i do not lack confidence at all but sometimes when i go out with certain people i do get toned down a bit....i hang out with a lot of guys are in great shape(and im not that good off) some of them even compete so its almost like a lot of the attention goes to them (as far as female and shit goes) and i slightly get bumped off to the side and yea that kind of knocks my confidence level down a wee bit but not enough to make me feel like they are any better than me.... i just use that as motivation in the gym.....its all how you make it...you can make it a weakness or you can turn it to an advantage....and the more you take care of yourself and work hard in the gym your confidence levels will go up just because you know your working hard for what you have...it all comes down to yourself...AS or any drug can only temporarily help with that...no matter what you do it all comes down to what you make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10nispro View Post
    When were you diagnosed with ptsd?
    a little over a year ago

BayouPumps is offline Associate Member
    I believe you are talking about that one side "sense of well being" Just remember with everything easily gained there is an equal reaction. During your cycle you will know at some time what it is to be confident...don't make it about the steroids though, make it about yourself.

englandnwest is offline Junior Member
    me personally when i was on a cylce of parabolan trenbolone and testex i felt awesome i have never had a feeling like this with any other steroid , but that was a point in my life when i had no stress (girlfriends,money problems haha) and my diet was perfect, these would of been big factors in me feelin this way, but i think the biggest thing is diet ur diest has so much to do with ur frame of mind, try checkin out some diets on here, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BayouPumps View Post
    I believe you are talking about that one side "sense of well being" Just remember with everything easily gained there is an equal reaction. During your cycle you will know at some time what it is to be confident...don't make it about the steroids though, make it about yourself.
    Thanks BayouPumps, that is what I am looking for and hoping will happen. Should not be too much longer now hopefully.

Nitro

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMAC250 View Post
    i kind of understand where he is coming from.....i do not lack confidence at all but sometimes when i go out with certain people i do get toned down a bit....i hang out with a lot of guys are in great shape(and im not that good off) some of them even compete so its almost like a lot of the attention goes to them (as far as female and shit goes) and i slightly get bumped off to the side and yea that kind of knocks my confidence level down a wee bit but not enough to make me feel like they are any better than me.... i just use that as motivation in the gym.....its all how you make it...you can make it a weakness or you can turn it to an advantage....and the more you take care of yourself and work hard in the gym your confidence levels will go up just because you know your working hard for what you have...it all comes down to yourself...AS or any drug can only temporarily help with that...no matter what you do it all comes down to what you make of it.
    Yeah, sounds like you may have a touch of the social anxiety that I speak of. Just a touch though, nothing specific like what I have. It does suck, but you have a good attitude about it. Good luck to bro...Nitro

Thread Information