jsinur7 is offline Member

Anabolic/androgenic

I been having alot of difficulty distinguishing the difference between anabolic and androgenic simply by reading about them in the confines of the steroid profiles... can someone please explain in lamens (sp?) terms exactly what they each are?

Anabolic Is:

Anabolic Effects Examples:

Androgenic Is:

Androgenic Effects Examples:

Cause i get confused in the steroid profiles as to why you would want something Androgenic... it seems like a bad thing to me for some reason ie.. more facial hair deeper voice acne etc...

hdd123 is offline Associate Member
    Here is a short explanation, about what anabolic and androgenic processes in human body are:

1) anabolism- one of the metabolic processes, when due to protein synthesis r expected increase in muscle growth. Anabolic processes r also mineralization of bone, increase in bone mass;

2) androgenic effects (of male sex hormones) are those, that r responsible for deepening of voice, sex organs' and body's maturation, facial and body's hair growth.

Quote Originally Posted by hdd123 View Post
    Here is a short explanation, about what anabolic and androgenic processes in human body are:

1) anabolism- one of the metabolic processes, when due to protein synthesis r expected increase in muscle growth. Anabolic processes r also mineralization of bone, increase in bone mass;

2) androgenic effects (of male sex hormones) are those, that r responsible for deepening of voice, sex organs' and body's maturation, facial and body's hair growth.

thats what i thought, so why is it that anyone would want a high androgenic steroid if you can have one thats just highly anabolic?

Example:

Anavar : Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 322-630:24

Tren : Anabolic/Androgenic ratio: 500/500

Is The Extreme androgenic rating of tren worth the definate steady anabolic rate? Androgenic still sounds like "BAD" to me... If You Can Have A Compound Like VAr That Is Mostly And Decently Rated Anabolic why mess with something so androgenic? I understand that anavar doesn't give gains and just hardens While Tren Builds gains etc... Is that what androgenic does? Gives Gains? But Isn't Most Of The Gains Water Weight? So Again I Ask Why Would You Want A Highly Androgenic Compound?

xXDevilDogXx is offline Associate Member
    Tuning in for opinions from vets.....

???

hdd123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsinur7 View Post
    thats what i thought, so why is it that anyone would want a high androgenic steroid if you can have one thats just highly anabolic ?

Example:

Anavar : Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 322-630:24

Tren : Anabolic/Androgenic ratio: 500/500

Is The Extreme androgenic rating of tren worth the definate steady anabolic rate? Androgenic still sounds like "BAD" to me... If You Can Have A Compound Like VAr That Is Mostly And Decently Rated Anabolic why mess with something so androgenic? I understand that anavar doesn't give gains and just hardens While Tren Builds gains etc... Is that what androgenic does? Gives Gains? But Isn't Most Of The Gains Water Weight? So Again I Ask Why Would You Want A Highly Androgenic Compound?
    Testosterone is the most powerful male sex hormone, having the highest androgenic properties (in comparision with other male sex hormones, such as androstenedione or dhea) and also anabolic effects. Firstly it was synthesized as chemical substance early before the WW2, as a result of studies about effects in human's body of a hormone produced by testicles. A little bit later, there were many discoveries of synthetic testosterone highly impact on muscle- building properties. So, many Olympic physicians together with scientists started to work on investigations, how to increase physical abilities of athletes during competitions. In further years there were developed a lot of brands of aas, which actually were derivates of synthetic testosterone with some changes in chemical structure. They had the same or even higher anabolic effects and reduced side effects comparing with the very first synthetic testosterone forms. The substance is as androgenic as of it's ability to bind to androgen receptors in human's body and it depends on it's chemical properties, how it's metabolized and converted to active form in a body. As I said most of anabolic steroids r derivates of synthetic testosterone, so they more or less HAVE some androgenic effects of testosterone . So strong substance as trenbolone actually was developed for veterinary science purposes, so it's JUST various bodybuilders' idea to use it. Wanna take something anabolic, but without androgenic effects?- Here you're, for example, insulin injections (!), hgh and other peptide hormones, etc. But I don't think, that they r "safer for intake", than aas.
    Why there're no only- anabolic steroids by the time?- Ask this better companies, what r engaged in steroid manufacturing and development.

shread is offline Junior Member
    im also interested to hear why you would want a high Androgenic steroid

P.PUMPER is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shread View Post
    im also interested to hear why you would want a high Androgenic steroid
    i have herd that androgens can increase bone size (diameter)
    but which ones are there that do this with minimal effects such as hairloss and hair growth on body

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There are steroids with high anabolic ratings that are not known for muscle growth in terms of mass or raw size. it is a chemical/scientific guideline to the compound itself but dont always translate into real word principle.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Quote Originally Posted by P.PUMPER View Post
    i have herd that androgens can increase bone size (diameter)
    but which ones are there that do this with minimal effects such as hairloss and hair growth on body
    Somebody ban this guy already.

Thread Information