jsinur7 is offline Member

orals and liver toxicity

are there any supplements or food you can eat to help out your liver? If So What And Where Can You Find Them? Thanks...

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    milk thisle or licorice root if not search liv 52 on google

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    milk thistle and cranberry juice.

vBRAH is offline Member
    From a beginners source:

I hate needles, can I just take pills?
    You've decided to take steroids , now the next thing to decide is whether you should take tablets or inject? What's the difference? Let's look at each in turn: Well the obvious difference is that one is swallowed, the other is injected. But let's be more specific; most oral steroids are hepatotoxic (i.e. toxic to the liver). As the tablet/pill travels through the body it passes through the gastrointestinal tract, then to the liver which has a mission to destroy it, thus preventing the steroid from entering the bloodstream. As a result, scientific boffins replaced the hydrogen atom with a carbon atom to the 17th position of the steroid molecule, which for the most part, will enable the steroid to survive the first pass hepatic metabolism. This process is commonly referred to as 17-alpha alkylation (17-AA or C-17).

Whilst this alkylation is desirable for the athlete in terms of improving the bio-availability of the oral steroid, it does however, place undue stress on the liver. Liver values (a set of markers which are used to assess liver function) may be elevated whilst using 17-aa steroids and as such, they are generally used sparingly to compliment an injectable cycle. Certain nutritional supplement products are often used for liver protection:

* Milk Thistle
    * ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid)
    * Liv-52

awesome... thanks so much all

vBRAH is offline Member
    No probs

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Milk Thistle ,ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) and Liv-52 will help protect the liver

pump.joe is offline Associate Member

where can i get milk thistle and alpa lipoic? vitamin shoppe maybe? or gnc?

vBRAH is offline Member
    Yep or Bodybuilding.com

great... thanks again all..

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by COUGAR BAIT View Post
    From a beginners source:

I hate needles, can I just take pills?
    You've decided to take steroids , now the next thing to decide is whether you should take tablets or inject? What's the difference? Let's look at each in turn: Well the obvious difference is that one is swallowed, the other is injected. But let's be more specific; most oral steroids are hepatotoxic (i.e. toxic to the liver). As the tablet/pill travels through the body it passes through the gastrointestinal tract, then to the liver which has a mission to destroy it, thus preventing the steroid from entering the bloodstream. As a result, scientific boffins replaced the hydrogen atom with a carbon atom to the 17th position of the steroid molecule, which for the most part, will enable the steroid to survive the first pass hepatic metabolism. This process is commonly referred to as 17-alpha alkylation (17-AA or C-17).

Whilst this alkylation is desirable for the athlete in terms of improving the bio-availability of the oral steroid, it does however, place undue stress on the liver. Liver values (a set of markers which are used to assess liver function) may be elevated whilst using 17-aa steroids and as such, they are generally used sparingly to compliment an injectable cycle. Certain nutritional supplement products are often used for liver protection:

* Milk Thistle
    * ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid)
    * Liv-52

dude if your a man u need test wich is injectable and u need to reserch more

siddy101 is offline Associate Member
    cougar that was a great post
    to the thread starter - run some test with the orals,injecting will hurt alot less than your tatts

Quote Originally Posted by siddy101 View Post
    cougar that was a great post
    to the thread starter - run some test with the orals,injecting will hurt alot less than your tatts
    nobody said i wasn't taking injections, all i asked was what can i do to help the side effects of the orals on my liver...

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    wal-mart would be cheaper. You can find that stuff there as well.

Thread Information