Ellie is offline New Member

Deca for Rotator injury

I am getting serius pain in my shoulder when benching or shoulder pressing. My physio has given me some exercises to do to alleviate the injury which is due to poor posture and tight muscles, does anyone think a shot of deca will allow me to train through untill I am sorted ?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    no, it will not..cortizone will, but your doc will do that for you..

do his exercise..

and stop doing yours..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

hdd123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I am getting serius pain in my shoulder when benching or shoulder pressing. My physio has given me some exercises to do to alleviate the injury which is due to poor posture and tight muscles, does anyone think a shot of deca will allow me to train through untill I am sorted ?
    I'd (almost) similar problem to yours- muscle fissure in area between my left shoulder and chest. There were also some capillaries teared, so haemorrhage was. The injury I got doing some incline flies, when I lowered my arms streched, but I did it too fast and also lowered them too low (they must be in horizontal position, but no lower than shoulders). I was to doctor, but I got nothing prescribed- doc said that I'd just to wait- there's nothing else to do. Now it's problematic to do work outs with my arms in wide grip, although 3 weeks have been left and I feel it IS better- I can do those wide- grip exercises more times, when it's starting to pain again. The only thing, I used was fastumgel.
    So, I also would like to get some advice, how to inosculate the traumatic areas in my muscle fibbers a little bit faster.
    Heeyy spywizard! You said cortisone? I sometimes mingle it with cortisol, which's one of the stress hormones available in human's body. Corticosteroids, lowers cortisol levels, but they have some catabolic effekts, preventing muscle growth processes. What drug you exactly meaned?- Synthetic cortisone preparations?
    Last edited by hdd123; 06-14-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    depends on if the joint is damaged or dry or inflamed.
    Deca Could help w/ super saturating the joint and keeping it well lubricated.
    I have a couple of friends...bodybuilders...who have to include Deca in all their cycles becaseu pressing as much weight as they do is way to hard on their joints otherise.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i screwed up my rotator cuff playing softball and i just dealt with the pain for about a year. i tried a test e and low dose deca cycle to see if it would help and it did. i only lasted about 7 wks on the deca cause it had my b/p skyrocketing but my cuff pain is gone for good! before the deca i tried the glucosamine and cortizone with no success. i would tell you doses but this cycle was about 3 1/2 yrs ago i know i cut the avg deca dose in half.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    HGH is much better at actually repairing joint injuries. Deca just softens the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4 GSR View Post
    HGH is much better at actually repairing joint injuries. Deca just softens the blow.
    if he can get it. i also forgot to mention that i never had an mri so i dont know how significant the injury was it may have just been tendonitis so im just telling you what helped me!

Ellie is offline New Member
    Thanks for that edmen2, thats made me feel a bit better. When you say your rotator was screwed was it giving you bad pain that has now gone for good.

yes alot of pain i could still bench but it was painful every time. after the deca the pain has been gone for good. ive even played some more softball without any significant pain.

Pittbull78 is offline Junior Member

I ran deca for 16 weeks to help with joint problems!

I ran decca for 16 weeks to help with joint problems!

Its helps I don't care what the science is - (as currently there is no bonified proof that nandrolone actually improves joints.) And thats just the point, I would like to make. Occasionally one must just rely on experience and many, many bbs will tell you that deca seems to assist in relieving and infact repairing tissue near and around the joints.

As one veteran rightly points out however, cortisol is what makes the most sense for serious joint injuries. Additionally, I would also agree that you need to allow for some good healing time and avoid benching for a while until your shoulder is better.

If you decide to incorporate deca remember to plan on a minimum of a 14-16 week cycle since any benefit to joints will take some time. Shorter cycles just don't really provided the sustained boost you need to repair tissue.

"...Some people have big dreams, I just dream of being BIG." - PB78
    Stats: 5'8 198 lbs, Bench 305, Deadlift 425, Arms 18.5" and still growing, Nuff Said

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member

decca

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    no, it will not..cortizone will, but your doc will do that for you..

do his exercise..

and stop doing yours..
    decca is only a temprary fix!
    LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR/SUGEON!YOU ARE GOING TO INJURE YOURSELF FOR GOOD!!!!!!

Thread Information