so my google skills are apparently not as good as I thought can somebody help me find this article, it looks like a copy and paste from a study

from
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_a...se_of_steroids

Absorption of alcohol into the bloodstream can have a major effect on the anabolic steroid user. As a rule alcohol breaks down solids such as tissues and compounds. The anabolic steroid molecule is transformed from a testosterone molecule to an estrogen. Estrogen quickly aromatizes in the system and speeds along some of the most feared side effects of steroid use . Increased mood swings, gynomastia( aka man boobs), and severley shrunken testicles can all result from the use of these two substances.

In addition oral ananbolic steroids are activated through the first pass throught the human liver, then filtered through the blood stream to nourish the muscular tissue. this breaking down process is roughly equivalent to consuming a 6 pack of light beer first thing in the morning, daily, on your liver. If you then drink a six pack or what ever later you are seroiously taxing your liver. Subcutaneous or injectable steroids do not pass through the liver and are less dangerous to use with alcohol but still not recommended.
ps this is strictly for research, information purposes so no lectures please

the part that has me interested is the increased rate of test conversion to estrogen, is this via the aromatase pathway or some other route?