buzymail is offline New Member

What helps repair tendon/muscle damage?

Hey guys, I'm new to this message board and truly appreciate any help that I receive.
    I am an amateur bodybuilder who also races mountain bikes at a professional level. I was injured in an accident this winter. Partial patellar tendon rupture at the base of my kneecap, Tore a strip out of my quad tendon, significant muscle damage, and atrophy in an immobilizer for 6 weeks. I also partially tore my right vastus medialus, it now has a 1/2 inch above knee cap, damaged some cartilige etc. Orthopedist recommended "conservative treatment" because no complete tears feels I'd heal. I'm very grateful to be walking, but despite significant rehab I'm STRUGGLING with my recovery. An indication of my status is that I used to be able to squat 315 for 20 strict reps. Now, I am doing 150 for asskicking sets of 10, and I can't even pedal in a high gear. I am wondering what substances will expedite the fastest possible muscle and tendon healing.

Thanks a bunch, Chris

capolars is offline New Member

joint remedy

i believe that the substance is called glucosamine hydrochloride. It aids in joint and tendon pain and also helps get rid of built up lactic acid. Its widely available. You can even find it in CVS and places like that.

buzymail is offline New Member

tendons/muscle repair

Thanks for your advice!

I am currently taking glucosamine, MSM, Citrus Bioflavanoids, and have taken silica, because these substances have been shown to promote connective tissue proliferation and health. I have researched this topic extensively and reviewed/searched this message board. The problem with such supplements is the lack of blood supply to tendons/ligaments prevents much of their usefulness. There is much dispute among the so called "experts" with MD's and PHD's about this subject and I really don't think anyone truly knows what they're talking about. I have heard that Boldenone /Equipoise promotes new vascularity increasing red blood cells hence delivering nutrients and oxygen all over the body. Some bodybuilders have claimed it has helped repair tendons. I also have heard that Deca helps joint, tendon and connective tissue repair. I'm interested if anyone has had successs with these or other substances?

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    my roommate had a similar injury. he used deca and he said it made his knee feel awesome.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    the reason deca helps to relieve joint pain is b/c it retains water in the body, and water is used to lubricate the joints.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I heard to if you use deca with moderate lifting it helps you feel better and I know in some surgerys they use deca as part of a drug therapy after the surgery(like kee reconstruction)

Gettooit is offline New Member

Another Outdoor Athlete

Hey Chris -
    I feel for ya bro. Send me an email and I can exchange what's worked for me being a outdoor athlete myself. [
    Last edited by Gettooit; 08-31-2001 at 08:20 PM.

Mike Guest
    Ok a couple points to make - for one......deca works great for joints but be careful - sometimes it gives you a slightly false notion of invincibility - what I am saying is dont get TOO comfortable when you're joints are feeling great and think you can ignore your previous injury - you can hurt yourself still - one mistake I always used to make when starting AAS was I wouldnt feel the same kind of pain on AS so I would lift way too hards and unhealthy and though you may not feel it coming on you end up hurting yourself - also there are a couple natural things you can look into for your joints - glucosomine/chron. etc - also a little trivia fact to look into......the lubrication that your joints use comes from ONE thing....cholesterol. Look into it - it's a sticky one but if you research enough you can start to really improve your joints with the just the right amounts of HDL/LDL cholesterol without getting fat. good luck

Thread Information