iamlegend is offline New Member

18 yr old and steroids

im 18 years old and im adimant i want to take steroids . Im 13.5 stone, bf about 8%, and i train like an animal, i currently take creatine, protein shakes and 4ad powder. I have a pretty well sorted workout but just want more gains. I have looked at D-bol and am quite interesed. i dont rele want to be injecting. so i was wondering what oral steroid users recomend. 1 last thing there are a lot of website that sell steroids such as dbol but if they are illegal how can they sell them?

torres9 is offline New Member
    you are way to young even to be thinking about taking steroids you,ve got alot of natural growing to do just eat right and train hard

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    yep, i concur. your too young. why waste money on something when your body can do it naturally. there is always room to tweak your diet and training. research different diets and training routines. try different things. and you will get the gains you seek young one. i wish i had gotten into body building when i was 17 instead of 21. i would be so much bigger naturally. plus even if you did do a cycle.. a dbol only cycle is not worth the time.

torres9 is offline New Member
    Your just going to get the same comments from everyone on here to young! stick around and check out the diet forum get your diet in check and your training and you will grow naturally dbol only cycle is not a good idea please stick around and educate yourself for the future you,ve got alot to learn good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by torres9 View Post
    Your just going to get the same comments from everyone on here to young! stick around and check out the diet forum get your diet in check and your training and you will grow naturally dbol only cycle is not a good idea please stick around and educate yourself for the future you,ve got alot to learn good luck!
    hes right. your going to hear the same thing over and over from everyone. but if a 1000 ppl are tellin you it. it must have some truth to it

deano bol is offline Junior Member
    i personally did a bol cycle at 18, and trust me, don't do it. I got great gains out of it i have to say.... the funny thing is and its taken me a few years to realise, that taking dbol was merely a placebo!!! i had a best mate go on at the same time as me and i got much better gains than he did. it took only until recently to realise the only reason that i got better gains is because my diet was so much better than his was. i would have gained most of those result anyways even if i didn't do bol.

i truly regret going on bol at such a young age as i prob still had some height left in me to grow, however threw it all away by taking gear at a young age. plus morally, you feel like a cheat! unlike going on cycle at 25 when you've trained for 5 or so years, you've hit plateau and you've taken your body to its natural extemem you know your dieting, training and research about gear etc. only then will you be ready.

i morally was looked down at by so many for going on gear at a young age and although i didn't compete, i felt up until a long time ago, a cheat. i have now let myself shrink to a limit of a natty 20 year old, and i'm planning on trainning hard and dieting smarter this time and doing things right.... i wouldn't think about doing another cycle for at least another 3 or more years!!

you see guys your age get on gear and blow up, and you look up to them, let me tell you, you should be looking down on them as ignorant idiots and know that they have a pretty serious chance of having complications further down the track!!

trust me dude, im 20 years old and was in the same boat, don't make the same mistake!

iamlegend is offline New Member
    ok cheers for the usefull input guys. i will take the high raod and not resort to steroids and check my diet and work out.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deano bol View Post
    i personally did a bol cycle at 18, and trust me, don't do it. I got great gains out of it i have to say.... the funny thing is and its taken me a few years to realise, that taking dbol was merely a placebo!!! i had a best mate go on at the same time as me and i got much better gains than he did. it took only until recently to realise the only reason that i got better gains is because my diet was so much better than his was. i would have gained most of those result anyways even if i didn't do bol.

i truly regret going on bol at such a young age as i prob still had some height left in me to grow, however threw it all away by taking gear at a young age. plus morally, you feel like a cheat! unlike going on cycle at 25 when you've trained for 5 or so years, you've hit plateau and you've taken your body to its natural extemem you know your dieting, training and research about gear etc. only then will you be ready.

i morally was looked down at by so many for going on gear at a young age and although i didn't compete, i felt up until a long time ago, a cheat. i have now let myself shrink to a limit of a natty 20 year old, and i'm planning on trainning hard and dieting smarter this time and doing things right.... i wouldn't think about doing another cycle for at least another 3 or more years!!

you see guys your age get on gear and blow up, and you look up to them, let me tell you, you should be looking down on them as ignorant idiots and know that they have a pretty serious chance of having complications further down the track!!

trust me dude, im 20 years old and was in the same boat, don't make the same mistake!
    Very good insight

Civic0 is offline Associate Member
    if you do not want to inject, AAS are not for you. . . and at 18 years old I'd say you are a fool for even considering the idea.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    In humans your Endocrine system is not full functional until an average age of 25yrs, although the main development is up to around 21yrs it still fluctuates alittle bit up to its fully functional age. There is a risk of permanently damaging your HPTA if you take AAS to young and you could end up with syptoms of andropause and HRT for life would only be the answer to your problems. Limp dick,low libido,depression,low energy,low endurance,erections problems and many more but.......are these the types of symptoms you want to have in your 20's?. Believe me its hard to cope with these in your 40's yet alone in your prime of your life.

At this age your Testosterone levels are the highest they going to be in your life naturally, so use what you have and dont take the risk of damage, i am passionate about this because ive seen it many times all because some young kids wont listen and think his answer to looking like his heros is in an injection/tablet. think about the damage and trust me you can build at this age if the diet and training is in order.

Taking AAS to young can also cause problems with development, one other main problem is premature sealing of your epiphyeal bone and the consequences mean that you wont grow as big as your genetics could allow you to, there is a test which can be done to see if your growth plates have sealed yet but the average age is around 21yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    In humans your Endocrine system is not full functional until an average age of 25yrs, although the main development is up to around 21yrs it still fluctuates alittle bit up to its fully functional age. There is a risk of permanently damaging your HPTA if you take AAS to young and you could end up with syptoms of andropause and HRT for life would only be the answer to your problems. Limp dick,low libido,depression,low energy,low endurance,erections problems and many more but.......are these the types of symptoms you want to have in your 20's?. Believe me its hard to cope with these in your 40's yet alone in your prime of your life.

At this age your Testosterone levels are the highest they going to be in your life naturally, so use what you have and dont take the risk of damage, i am passionate about this because ive seen it many times all because some young kids wont listen and think his answer to looking like his heros is in an injection/tablet. think about the damage and trust me you can build at this age if the diet and training is in order.

Taking AAS to young can also cause problems with development, one other main problem is premature sealing of your epiphyeal bone and the consequences mean that you wont grow as big as your genetics could allow you to, there is a test which can be done to see if your growth plates have sealed yet but the average age is around 21yrs old.
    This is spot on! i know personally when i went on cycle, my libido increased dramatically... the funny thing is once i came off, i then realised it wasn't really the gear, because i still wanted to bang anything that walked through that door of the gym! hahaha. im 20 and not much has changed! youngsters and people with good genes are what i like to call "part of the lucky sperm club"! trust me imalegend, we have too much test for our own good natturally, don't put yourself at risk just so you can be a hero like i did! admittedly, i have had no real negative effects, however i don't know what i may expect to see in the future. i have not yet checked if my growth plates are closed over, however i have a pretty strong feeling that they have. as for the andropause and HRT, i definately have to say that this is not the case! doesn't matter if im straight, drunk, tired or whatever, when its time for action, it takes me all of 30 seconds to get ready!! haha

hope this advice helps. you have a lot of experienced people here! keep your ears and eyes open to them.

g0dsend is offline Member
    ^^ Kind of same thing with me, but when I came off of it, I didnt eye-f*** every girl I saw no more. Kind of depressing...

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    Too young at 18. And a real sign that you are not ready is you dont wanna inject. Plus you would know a d-bol only cycle is not a good one. Man up and shoot test in 3-4 years

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Dude, don't do it.. Search the forums for 18 year olds and gear. Just not worth it bro

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    Protein, Protein, and Protein. That while training and eating/dieting right will get you to your goals.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I don't know much about steroids , but I have read they can mess with your natural growth cycle. I assume that to be true.

So check this out, when I was 18 yrs old graduating from High School I was 5'8" tall, at age 20 I was 6'2" tall. If a growth spurt like that is around the corner for you it would be a damn shame to f it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    I don't know much about steroids , but I have read they can mess with your natural growth cycle. I assume that to be true.

So check this out, when I was 18 yrs old graduating from High School I was 5'8" tall, at age 20 I was 6'2" tall. If a growth spurt like that is around the corner for you it would be a damn shame to f it up.
    true dat, true dat.

This graph was produced through a study at the Reckefella University, and shows the average height of males in America
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18 yr old and steroids-fig4.gif  

looking just the x and y axis, not the mambo jumbo in between, it shows that most stop growing around 18 or 19. however i did some more research and a university in england (can't remmeber which one it was) did a similar study and they also agreed on the same findings. also adding that most males who grow after the age of 19-20, is around 10%. and out of that percentage the majority will only an inch or two! there are obviously some exceptions but this is set over an average...

I had to do some research because i felt like slitting my wrists with the thought on my mind of me having stunted my growth prematurely because of a stupid mistake of taking gear at a young age. this research makes me feel better, but i would still recommend to anyone, that a minimum of 22 before going on cycle, this is just to be sure, as well as to me mature enough (in most cases) to be able to suppliment your body with drugs. you would hope that by this age, most would be mature enough to have a good diet, training, mindset etc!

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlegend View Post
    ok cheers for the usefull input guys. i will take the high raod and not resort to steroids and check my diet and work out.
    wow, someone listened?

keep kicking ass man. anything worth while takes time!

ok... i found a better graph to show the change in height just before but especially after the age of 20!!! it shows it much better!! proves that it pays to wait till around 23 dependant on height at the age of 20!

again, based off this and other research, you will prob only grow a few inches from ages 19-23, but again, this is based off an average and cant be taken too literally or personally. everyone is different.

I did this so all can look at some credible research... also did it as a deterant for youngsters wanting to touch gear at a young age... and also did it because i was curious as to how much height was forgone on my behalf. was the difference of me being 5'11'' and 6'!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18 yr old and steroids-menheightwhite.gif  

Thread Information