speedtraining is offline Senior Member

Anavar Cancer & Dr's & Libido in one

My question is when Doc's prescribe a drug like Anavar or any really to a patient that has Cancer to help them hold LBM...How does the Doc combat shrinking nuts, decreased libido, and if the patient get's better they would surely like to be able to have sex. I'm just wondering how the Doc's would attack the problem; I realize we'd stack test and run PCT but I'm sure their protocol is different, and I'm wondering what it is if anyone knows.

Speed.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i have used var alone and i sure the he11 didnt have any sexual problems

Was not the question, and Var will supress your natty production like any other AAS.....

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtraining View Post
    My question is when Doc's prescribe a drug like Anavar or any really to a patient that has Cancer to help them hold LBM...How does the Doc combat shrinking nuts, decreased libido, and if the patient get's better they would surely like to be able to have sex. I'm just wondering how the Doc's would attack the problem; I realize we'd stack test and run PCT but I'm sure their protocol is different, and I'm wondering what it is if anyone knows.

Speed.
    i was under the impression using steroids on a cancer patient would complicate problems? Besides, chances are if you have cancer there are more important things to be worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    i was under the impression using steroids on a cancer patient would complicate problems? Besides, chances are if you have cancer there are more important things to be worrying about.

Well some are used for people who are withering away and losing LBM, such as Var but that is a whole other story...I figured this question would not be able to be answered. I will ask a Doc and post the info it could be helpful to PCT.

Speed.

usernamemaster is offline New Member
    The answer is that they don't try to combat any of these problems. For a patient to meet the criteria for this this kind of therapy they would need to be severely cachectic (which means wasted) and the most common causes of this are cancer, AIDS, TB, or other severe chronic diseases. This means that this is seen as a palliative treatment (makes you comfortable while you die), and therefore long term considerations are not as important.

There are some indications for use of oxandrolone in non chronic disease such as turners syndrome (short stature in female due to genetic anomalies) This therapy is only used short term to induce growth spurts and then the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis is allowed to find its normal steady state by discontinuing the use of the compound. So in short there is NO pct.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamemaster View Post
    There are some indications for use of oxandrolone in non chronic disease such as turners syndrome (short stature in female due to genetic anomalies).
    Yep yep. My daughter will have to do this in a couple years most likely.

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    i have used var alone and i sure the he11 didnt have any sexual problems

agreed, my brother is on 50mg of var only cycle it has been a month and he is not having any sexual problems.

Thread Information