akaz13 is offline Associate Member

How many cycles can you do in your first year?

I was under the impression that PCT counted as off time (or a decent amount of off time). But in a few posts, some guys (not singling anyone out, just asking) don't think this is enough down time.

So, since I am new and trying to educate myself, how many cycles can someone run in their 1st year?

Seems like a lot of AAS use comes down to opinion, and of course, what works on an individual basis. That said, what constitues being on the safe side, and what is pushing it?

And what are the consequences of pushing it?

Background: I have a good amount of work out history and was an athlete. Now that I have broken my cherry, I plan to take it to the next level. But I don't want to be competely reckless, I have been clean until now, so I plan to be reasonable. So I am asking what is conservative, what is safe, and what is asking for trouble?

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    IMO this is a question with no correct answer... Everyone is different. I am glad to finally see a new member who seems to have a good head on his shoulder and wants to juice right.
    I can give you a prime example of what not to do though. Many years ago, while in college and living in Florida I became great friends with a guy who was also one of the biggest dealers in the area. So with that said you can imagine what i had access too. I took everything under the sun for a year and three months and wont even go into the dosage per week. This was the days when the steroid bible was all we had and the net was a baby. No sites like this to educate and help. Long story short, my kidneys stopped woking properly and i wound up in ICU and after that had to take meds everyday for a year.... NOT GOOD OR FUN!!! Start with a nice and easy Test only cycle, run a solid PCT and then you will have learned a lot more along the way and you can stack for the next one. Take care of your body because were only given one. Steroids can be very safe if you educate yourself. Don't walk the path to the dark side like I did because you will hurt yourself. Make saftey priority #1 and have fun with it. You can PM me if you want if you have any other questions. I am seriously considering writing a post about my experience to try and help guys from making the same mistakes I did. All the best brother

mauler is offline Associate Member
    ive always heard that your off time should be as long as your on time, counting pct.if not you can jack your hormonal level from ever returning proprerly to normal

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Typically time on cycle + pct time = time off after pct, but the best method is to get bloodwork and see when you are back to normal.

MR_T is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    IMO this is a question with no correct answer... Everyone is different. I am glad to finally see a new member who seems to have a good head on his shoulder and wants to juice right.
    I can give you a prime example of what not to do though. Many years ago, while in college and living in Florida I became great friends with a guy who was also one of the biggest dealers in the area. So with that said you can imagine what i had access too. I took everything under the sun for a year and three months and wont even go into the dosage per week. This was the days when the steroid bible was all we had and the net was a baby. No sites like this to educate and help. Long story short, my kidneys stopped woking properly and i wound up in ICU and after that had to take meds everyday for a year.... NOT GOOD OR FUN!!! Start with a nice and easy Test only cycle, run a solid PCT and then you will have learned a lot more along the way and you can stack for the next one. Take care of your body because were only given one. Steroids can be very safe if you educate yourself. Don't walk the path to the dark side like I did because you will hurt yourself. Make saftey priority #1 and have fun with it. You can PM me if you want if you have any other questions. I am seriously considering writing a post about my experience to try and help guys from making the same mistakes I did. All the best brother
    that sounds really good for newbies like be bro. please make a post about your experiences when you get a chance, Im sure it will help a lot of people

Darksyde is offline Member
    good post, these kind of experiences are important for the new users to read.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Typically time on cycle + pct time = time off after pct, but the best method is to get bloodwork and see when you are back to normal.
    agreed.

i plan on running 2 a year provided everything is in check.

maxex is offline Member
    !st off, you don't want to become a slave to AAS...I always heard your on time should equal your off time too. That's how I've always done it. I like to give my body time to heal. Being shut down for a few weeks sucks but it's better then being shut down forever. I know guys who finiish pct, wait a week and start back but that's becaus they have too. A few of them are at the point where they are afraid too come off for months at a time because they're not used to living with out it and they aren't sure how thier bodies will react. I would almost consider that an addiction. I hear a lot of people say steroids arent addictive,but I knwo a few guys who are...both mentally and physically.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    im gonn atry for two from here to next spring and come out a monster

thanks, bros!

You should....

And I will take up up on the PM thing when needed, thanks bro.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    A good indication would be time on + PCT = time off

customworksking is offline Associate Member
    great questions for a new member ... test is best E or C and PCT will give u a good idea how ur body will react to gear..up date us as u go...O and drink a lot of water..

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking View Post
    great questions for a new member ...
    well my first few weren't so great... I had to do something to redeem myself!

Now I have to keep my mouth shut before I spoil this.... that or ask really dense questions under a different screen name...

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking
    test is best E or C and PCT will give u a good idea how ur body will react to gear..up date us as u go...
    I saw that test only was a good starter cycle...

But I was thinking of adding proviron .

1) I started taking nolva b/c I was getting a wierd burning sensation in my nips, so if it was gyno, I figured that nolva would deal w/ aromitizing estrogen...

2) I figure that the positive sexual sides would make pro-v a decent compound...

I was going to take 25mg ED, is this a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking
    O and drink a lot of water..
    I drink about 74oz of water a day (more depending on how hot/ thirsty I get during work outs), plus another 18oz of milk... is that enough water/ fluids?

well 74 oz is the bear minumum for a normal person walking around, if your on aas i've heard its beter to be around a gallon of water a day 128 oz i believe, it can never hurt to have to much water man

Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    well 74 oz is the bear minumum for a normal person walking around, if your on aas i've heard its beter to be around a gallon of water a day 128 oz i believe, it can never hurt to have to much water man
    Thanks bro... I miscounted my intake a little but I still need to up it, and I have started to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post

I was at the Dr's office yesterday, and I squared everything w/ him. I was there two weeks before and he was going over some blood work I had done.

The blood work was not hormonal stuff, just normal check up kind of thing.

I told him that I had my first injection of test a few days before.. He was like man... that stuff... I would recommend against it.. but I think that is his duty somewhat.

I was there for a follow up yesterday, and we shot the shit for a while! I must have been his last scheduled patient for a while... We chatted until a nurse asked to see him for a minute, then he wrapped it up..

So since we were chatting, I opened up... He was asking me how far I wanted to take it... He was teling me that at one time GH was given to dwarves, but not anymore b/c it is seen as unethical..

Dude is mad cool!!!

He still said, he would recommend against it, but said that he thought that I had educated myself decently (he hasn't seen some of my posts here.. ), and that he would monitor me...

He said he would order hormonal blood work to be done when I want it (after cycle and PCT). Unfortunately, I won't have a pre-cycle sample to compare with...

Bottom line is, I am good on being completely upfront w/ my Doc. And dude is cool as a mofo!

As far as BP, 2 1/2 wks into the cycle, I am good. I was 112 over 76 yesterday. I was looking at my chart for while before he came in... My BP is/ was stable over the last 2yrs, at or near that level.

If I go back, to about 217lb body weight, when I was running and doing more BW moves (for the sports I played then) my BP was in the 100 over 60 range... So, I am good on that front..

We went over the fact that my dad had a bout w/ prostate cancer (which was completely dealt w/), and that was my most immediate concern w/ AAS, that some compounds can enlarge the prostate...

Anyway, he said he will monitor me and bottom line is there is no need to BS w/ my Doc. I can be straight w/ him and we can deal w/ all the sides that come up w/o effing around about where they are comming from!

Dude even gave me a script for some acne lotions!

Thread Information