Thread: Var only pct

jsinur7 is offline Member

Question Var only pct

var 50mg ed for 10 weeks/70 days

since it is so light on the hpta would it be safe to just use nolv for pct and skip the clomid... not liking the vision/emotional things i'm hearing on it.. if so,

20mg nolv ed for weeks 11 12 and 13 good?

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    yes nolva is fine for that cycle.

kool... thanks...

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    yes nolva is fine for that cycle.
    yep nolva should be fine. 4-6 week pct should be all you need

cool, i'll add another week... thanks

MR_T is offline Member
    wow that must have been an expensive ass cycle... off topic but how are the gains? could you post some pics, var seems really good for what I need to do

Thanks bro

well they dont let us say price, but yeah it was a handful... no input uet as i started 3 days ago, but the pumps are already there as is some vascularity... my mscls feel like they are gonna rip my skin, but too early for stregth or gains... vars not really for gains though, so i dont expect much, just a solid look, a few lean hard pounds, and a big strength increase... i'll let you know... i'll probably skip pics this round, unless i feel its really making a difference appearance wis, then i'll post... i'll take pics anyways, so if it's all good, i'll show the day by day...

MR_T is offline Member
    oh I thought you already finished the cycle.. think you might want to cut it down to six weeks I've read it's not so mild on the liver, I'd atleast add some milk thistle

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxandrolone
    "Other studies however have shown links between prolonged use of the drug and problems of liver toxicity similar to those found with other 17α-alkylated steroids "

"In rare cases, serious and even fatal cases of liver problems have developed during treatment with oxandrolone. Oxandrolone may increase the amount of low density lipoprotein (LDL; 'bad cholesterol') and decrease the amount of high density lipoprotein (HDL; 'good cholesterol') in the blood. This may increase the risk of developing heart disease. Oxandrolone may damage the liver or increase LDL without causing symptoms. It is important to have regular laboratory tests to be sure that the liver is working properly and that LDL has not increased."

MR_T is offline Member
    more info from http://forum.dutchbodybuilding.com/f65/anavar-faq-9014/

"There is room for serious debate here. Oxandroline is 17-alpha-alkylated, so it's starting off on a bad foot. Oxandrolone has shown to cause liver values to sway outside of the "normal zone" for some posters (which may or may not indicate liver toxicity, this is debatable), however, the insert also states that oxandrolone can alter blood test results. I would treat this drug as liver toxic, supplimenting with a lot of ALA, Liver Detox, etc. However, this drug has also been used at 80mg/day to treat (and reverse!) liver damage in alcohol abusers. Hard to say what this means. My advice is to play it safe and treat it like any other 17aa oral.

Reference: (1: Am J Gastroenterol 1991 Sep;86(9):1200-8, A randomized, controlled trial of treatment of alcoholic hepatitis with parenteral nutrition and oxandrolone. I. Short-term effects on liver function. Bonkovsky HL, Fiellin DA, Smith GS, Slaker DP, Simon D, Galambos JT.)"

I'll try to get the study from the school library bro, you should def not drink on cycle and take some precautions

Quote Originally Posted by MR_T View Post
    oh I thought you already finished the cycle.. think you might want to cut it down to six weeks I've read it's not so mild on the liver, I'd atleast add some milk thistle

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxandrolone
    "Other studies however have shown links between prolonged use of the drug and problems of liver toxicity similar to those found with other 17α-alkylated steroids "

"In rare cases, serious and even fatal cases of liver problems have developed during treatment with oxandrolone. Oxandrolone may increase the amount of low density lipoprotein (LDL; 'bad cholesterol') and decrease the amount of high density lipoprotein (HDL; 'good cholesterol') in the blood. This may increase the risk of developing heart disease. Oxandrolone may damage the liver or increase LDL without causing symptoms. It is important to have regular laboratory tests to be sure that the liver is working properly and that LDL has not increased."

thanks for that... i am thinking of actually dropping th dosage to20 a day to start and see how it goes... why jump to 50 if i dont need it... then increase it if i see nothing in 2-3weeks... i find it odd starting at a dose you dont know if you need yet... so i will start with 20 instead and move up slowl... and six weeks is a good plan... i can always save what i dont use for a second cycle... thanks man..

Mr.Clean69 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsinur7 View Post
    var 50mg ed for 10 weeks/70 days

since it is so light on the hpta would it be safe to just use nolv for pct and skip the clomid... not liking the vision/emotional things i'm hearing on it.. if so,

20mg nolv ed for weeks 11 12 and 13 good?
    Sure you can handle it??

Yea Var is the sh*t but oral's Rip you liver apart, I dont care what people use to protect it, you only got 1 liver. Good luck Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Clean69 View Post
    Sure you can handle it??

Yea Var is the sh*t but oral's Rip you liver apart, I dont care what people use to protect it, you only got 1 liver. Good luck Bro
    thanks man... i'm gonna cut down to six weeks, and max 40mg start with 20...

Mr.Clean69 is offline Junior Member
    May i ask why just Var?

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Var is mild on the liver compared to other orals though, isn't it? That is mostly what I have read (not that I've read that much).

Quote Originally Posted by jsinur7 View Post
    thanks man... i'm gonna cut down to six weeks, and max 40mg start with 20...
    no dude, keep it above 50 otherwise you arent going to get anything out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    Var is mild on the liver compared to other orals though, isn't it? That is mostly what I have read (not that I've read that much).
    mild on the liver but very hard on your lipid profile.

yeah true... i am very healthy and i dont drink alcohol at all... my liver shouldnt be an issue... plus its my first cycle beside one shitty one over a decade ago...

i chose just var for it's mild effects and strength increase without the size gain and bad andro sides... i dont wish to get any bigger, just stronger wich i peaked at a while ago...

Thread Information