The MAGC monster is offline New Member

UNIQUE newbie question, PLEASE advise.

Hey guys,

I'm 24, 5'10 and 275 pounds natural. I am currently benching 405 for 2 reps so I lack neither size nor strength. I play as a D tackle in American football and was recently scouted by NFL Europe. They believe that at 5'10 I would be better suited to linebacker so I am looking to drop down to around 235-240. However, I want to make sure that I will be as strong or stronger at that weight and that I will be pretty ripped. Therefore, for my first cycle I was advised by a friend to do Primobolan for 12 weeks. I have never used steroids so I have no idea if that would be good or not. I should add that when I was 21 I took Pro-hormones (Animal Stak) for 7 days before stopping as it gave me slight gyno which is still there. Therefore I am pretty scared about taking any steroids so I want something mild but that will still give me an edge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S, drug tests will not be a problem for 6 months.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The MAGC monster View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm 24, 5'10 and 275 pounds natural. I am currently benching 405 for 2 reps so I lack neither size nor strength. I play as a D tackle in American football and was recently scouted by NFL Europe. They believe that at 5'10 I would be better suited to linebacker so I am looking to drop down to around 235-240. However, I want to make sure that I will be as strong or stronger at that weight and that I will be pretty ripped. Therefore, for my first cycle I was advised by a friend to do Primobolan for 12 weeks. I have never used steroids so I have no idea if that would be good or not. I should add that when I was 21 I took Pro-hormones (Animal Stak) for 7 days before stopping as it gave me slight gyno which is still there. Therefore I am pretty scared about taking any steroids so I want something mild but that will still give me an edge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S, drug tests will not be a problem for 6 months.
    Get a good multi joint program setup. Start up a HIIT cardio program. Then study the stickies in the diet section will give you what you need more than likely. At your size you dont need the drugs. Its all about the diet and workout program. Just imo of course

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    thats a short linebacker: but it is going to be difficult to cycle and lose 45 lbs while keeping ur strength. i would just run a test prop cycle with a very very clean diet and see what happens. primo is one of the most faked steroids so i wouldnt even risk that.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    def short linebacker, esp if u dont have speed... neways...

i agree w/ edmen2, a test prop with extremely clean diet and lots of HIIT cardio...

Thanks for the responses guys. A couple of you wondered about the height thing: There are a few NFL linebackers at 5'10 but yeah, most are between 6'1 and 6'4. However, I am pretty fast even at 275 (4.72 40 yard dash) so theoretically when i'm down to 235-240 I will be even faster than that. I had an 11.5 second 100 meters time in high school, before I started serious weight training, so the speed genes are in me. (I'm white so 11 seconds in the 100 was pretty decent!) Therefore linebacker would be an easy fit for me despite being a little shorter than the average LB. Anyway, thanks again for the advice. It's good to get to ask people who know what they are talking about with regards to steroids so that I don't make any uninformed decisions.
    Last edited by The MAGC monster; 06-25-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    If that is your situation, and since your new i'd recommend this:

test prop 100mg ED for 10 weeks
    winny 75mg ED for weeks 5-10 weeks

PCT
    1 day after shots Definately this
    Nolva 4 weeks in 40/30/20/20 mg ED

if u want to add this it wouldnt hurt
    clomid 100/50/50/50 mg ED

Also you need to get a good diet on!!!
    check out the diet forum for a good cutting diet, and do some empty stomach runs when u get up that will help burn some fat.... and some HIIT cardio everyother day ( u can prolly do agilities/footwork stuff...for movin to L-backer) hows your workout routine?

u can throw in a OTC fat burner also, such as hydroxycut hardcore/lipo-6... and be sure to take whey and multivit and milk thistle.... and a clean diet, you should shed those pounds very quick!!!
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 06-26-2008 at 07:12 AM.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    If that is your situation, and since your new i'd recommend this:

test prop 100mg ED for 10 weeks
    winny 75mg ED for weeks 5-10 weeks

PCT
    1 day after shots Definately this
    Nolva 4 weeks in 40/30/20/20 mg ED

if u want to add this it wouldnt hurt
    clomid 100/50/50/50 mg ED

Also you need to get a good diet on!!!
    check out the diet forum for a good cutting diet, and do some empty stomach runs when u get up that will help burn some fat.... and some HIIT cardio everyother day ( u can prolly do agilities/footwork stuff...for movin to L-backer) hows your workout routine?

u can throw in a OTC fat burner also, such as hydroxycut hardcore/lipo-6... and be sure to take whey and multivit and milk thistle.... and a clean diet, you should shed those pounds very quick!!!
    this sounds good except i personally advise clomid for all pct. but u have to understand shedding almost 50lbs is going to affect ur strength no matter what kind of gear u use.

Lemonada8, you asked about my workout routine, this is my new diet regime:

I have just recently started my diet so now I train in the gym 4 days a week: Monday (shoulders,triceps) Tuesday (quads, calves, hams) Thursday (biceps, back), Friday (chest, abs). I do one warm up and 9 sets per body part, 6-12 reps, with about 30-60 seconds break between each set. I also do a brisk 45 minute walk first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

I am eating 6 large egg whites + 1 yolk scrambled with 2 slices of wholewheat bread, a banana, and 500 mls of orange juice after my walk. Then I eat 2 oatcakes with a whey protein shake for brunch, before hitting the gym. After my workout I have another whey protein shake and a banana. For lunch I eat 2 grilled chicken breasts with 1/2 cup brown rice + spinach. For dinner I eat a steak with one small baked potato. Before bed I eat 2 cans of tuna in brine with 2 large spoonfulls of light cottage cheese and a small handful of dry roasted peanuts and a whey protein shake. I am not in football season so I have no football training to do for now. How does this sound to you guys? Once again, thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    so do u follow a set workout or do u follow a coachs workout?

As for the diet, i'm still learnin about that, so post it in the diet forum and pinnacle can look at it, hes the man w/ diets...

as for your workout... how long do u have to workout? if u have some time (couple months) u should pyrmyrid the sets and such, like a base phase, explode phase, peak phase
    i personally workout 6x week, with sunday as day off... this is what i do, and it has worked really well for me...

Day 1: chest, back, bi's
    bench (barbell bench)
    aux bench lift (such as DB incline, decline bench, db flys, pushups)
    low row
    lat pull down
    EZ bar curl

day 2: legs, shoulders, tri's
    Squat (barbell squat)
    aux legs (curls/exts, lunges, SL dead lifts)
    seated DB military press
    bent over raises
    skull crushers w/ close grip bench at end of set w/ EZ bar

day 3:
    explosive lifts (push press, hang clean, power clean)
    abs
    Cardio

Day 4: chest, back, bi's
    alt bench (bar decline, incline)
    aux alt bench ( pushups, DB bench - basically a different region of chest than day 1)
    bent over rows
    pull ups (assisted if needed)
    DB curl

Day 5: legs, shoulders, tri's
    Front squat
    aux legs (same as above, just different then day 2)
    Shrugs
    arnold press
    Overhead tri presses

Day 6:
    explosive lifts (hang clean, power clean, push press - different than day 3)
    abs
    cardio

Day 7: Rest

as for the reps and such if u can do 3 seperate 'phases'
    base 3x10, 4x8, 4x6-8 week 1-3 ------------------- 3x12-15
    explode 4x6, 5x5, 5x5 week 4-7 ---------------- 3x8-10
    peak 2x5 2x3, 3x4 2x3, 4x3 week 7-10 ----------------- 3x8
    thats for the core lifts -------------- aux lifts (they arent for strength but for stablization muscles)

I'd recommend doing a 2 mile jog in the morning rather than the 45 min walk because u will get ur HR in more of a fat burning zone jogging than walking...

and i also shoot first thing in the morning, then protein shake and multivit and then go for the jog, then come back and eat... I find that works the best

thats what i do, and i have had great results, esp w/ test prop...

Lemonada8: During the season I do a schedule given to me by the fitness coach. That was only 3 days a week in the gym (with 3 days football training on the field) and consisted heavily of lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench, clean and presses and power cleans. No bi's or tri's but I did them anyway. Coach calls them the "vanity lifts" but i'm a bodybuilder at heart so can't resist.

Camp starts August but I have dispensation to arrive later than that so yeah I do pretty much have a couple of months to workout so thanks for the advice.

Thread Information