MattUK666 is offline Associate Member

Burning Fat? Test E.

Hey

I have a tiny bit of fat on my stomach, trying to get rid of it so my abs come through lol...im on my 4th week of Test E, at 500mg per week, will it help burn the fat in a big way?

Also on Adadrol.

Im 25, 5 foot 10, and been training for 3 years, I know you guys would of asked that lol.

Thanks

Matt

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    No it wont burn body fat in a big way.

Ok thanks.

I need to know how to shift it the best way, im self concious about it!!

I do about 10 minutes cardio every other day in the gym, on the treadmil...

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    bump your cardio up to 30-45 min.

Ide love to, but the muscles in my legs burn out after 10 mins of running, its driving me crazy because I can work everything else out for much longer. Is there a better machine for cardio to lose stomach fat?

I'll try anything!

What about a cross trainer?

For cardio I just want to lose the fat on my stomach and tone it up.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Do some interval training on a stationary bike. Ive been messing around on them lately. It seems my ankles cant handle sprinting anymore. So to be able to still walk like a normal person I went the bike. Try maybe something like this. Your bike will prolly be different.

20-25 min total

3-4 min warm up - i use level 8
    1 min sprint 19-20 speed
    1.5 min slow 10-13 speed
    repeat till time is up. last 2-3 minutes is your cool down. My stationary bike has 2 min cool down after timer is up.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Cardio all you want, if your diet is off track your not going to loose it. What does your daily diet look like? Break it down for us.

burnin69 is offline Member
    are you taking any AI's or antiestrogens?

Thats a good idea, I was having a go on the bikes there the other day, thing is, I could feel it doing alot for my legs, but I couldnt see how it would remove my stomach fat.

My arms, shoulders and everything else is getting bigger, and my stomach is getting a little bigger aswel.....because of all the calories im eating right now for my cycle, so im worried it wont stop getting bigger, I need to beat it, I need to find a machine that I can stay on until failure, I dont like that my legs burn out after 10 minutes, because im not even out of breath after 10 minutes, its just my legs are burnt out, do you understand?

The only thing I can think of right now is a cross trainer? I have not tried it yet.

I know we all go through this because were all eating like crazy, but sometimes at night its like im trying to hide my stomach by laying on my back to go to sleep lol....

I am literally eating about 4000 calories a day.

I could probably last an hour on a cross trainer...I just need to know its going to do what I need it to do?

Thanks

Double post, sorry.

You still didnt answer my question. And how much do you weigh?

These are things we need to know to help you achieve your goals.

Ok, i'll be honest, my diet needs work, but usually its like this:

Firstly I have about 2 shakes a day, which comes up to 2600 calories.

But for real food, I eat alot of chicken breast and beef. And pastries, not sure what Americans would call that, like sausage rolls? Sausage in pastry, they are 480 calories each.

Also burgers, I have at least one burger a day, which is 600 calories.

I need to go to the diet section!!

I am just trying to eat as much as I can to be honest with you! I can see myself getting bigger, people are commenting on it, but its not working for my stomach, so it needs to change.

I weigh 12 stone, which I beleive adds up to 168 pounds.
    Last edited by MattUK666; 07-09-2008 at 11:42 AM.

iagainsti is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattUK666 View Post
    Hey

I have a tiny bit of fat on my stomach, trying to get rid of it so my abs come through lol...im on my 4th week of Test E, at 500mg per week, will it help burn the fat in a big way?

Also on Adadrol.

Im 25, 5 foot 10, and been training for 3 years, I know you guys would of asked that lol.

Thanks

Matt
    Im gonna be the minority here but I feel Test does help burn fat in a indirect sort of way. I lost a ton of stubborn body fat during my Sust cycle. My diet-training-and cardio were all on point but no different then my off cycle approach and the fat melted off where it didnt without aas. Test helps your body asborb nutrients alot better and therefore more of what you eat goes to rebuilding tissue then storing as fat. Agian if your not eating right or training right aas will probably make you fatter but if diligent with diet and training I bet you will lose the pooch rather quickly.

Ok, i'll be honest, my diet needs work, but usually its like this:

Firstly I have about 2 shakes a day, which comes up to 2600 calories.

But for real food, I eat alot of chicken breast and beef. And pastries, not sure what Americans would call that, like sausage rolls? Sausage in pastry, they are 480 calories each.

Also burgers, I have at least one burger a day, which is 600 calories.

I need to go to the diet section!!

I am just trying to eat as much as I can to be honest with you! I can see myself getting bigger, people are commenting on it, but its not working for my stomach, so it needs to change.
    A burger a day and sausage pastries ? LOl yeah thats your problem right there. Try ditching the carbs and just eat lean protein and esstianial fats for 2 weeks and the fat will just fall off.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    are you on a cutting cycle?? seems like your not trying to bulk.. if your cutting is anadrol a good choice??? im on a cutting cycle right now with sust and var.. var is great for cutting.. you could also try some clen or eca (be careful with the eca though, its strong shit) what are your stats, whats your bf??

Sorry just to be clear, im on a bulking cycle, I have gained a stone/14 pounds in 4 weeks.

Its my first cycle, and I have done my 4th shot, I dont think its kicked in yet, because its not meant to kick in for 6 weeks or so, I do feel stronger, but that might be in my mind lol.

Ok, I'll ditch the carbs right now!! If thats my problem the carbs are gone!!

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Thats a good idea, I was having a go on the bikes there the other day, thing is, I could feel it doing alot for my legs, but I couldnt see how it would remove my stomach fat.

My arms, shoulders and everything else is getting bigger, and my stomach is getting a little bigger aswel.....because of all the calories im eating right now for my cycle, so im worried it wont stop getting bigger, I need to beat it, I need to find a machine that I can stay on until failure, I dont like that my legs burn out after 10 minutes, because im not even out of breath after 10 minutes, its just my legs are burnt out, do you understand?

The only thing I can think of right now is a cross trainer? I have not tried it yet.

I know we all go through this because were all eating like crazy, but sometimes at night its like im trying to hide my stomach by laying on my back to go to sleep lol....

I am literally eating about 4000 calories a day.

I could probably last an hour on a cross trainer...I just need to know its going to do what I need it to do?

Thanks
    I got this from a book. It is a very good read. PM if you want the name of it.

Yes, believe it or not, all of those hours upon boring hours of repetitive low to moderate intensity cardio training sessions are not the best way to lose body fat and reveal your abs. Many trainers and the media seem obsessed with the thinking that the best and only way to lose body fat is through long boring cardio routines. Well, I’m here to tell you that they couldn’t be more wrong!

Look around and you’ll see people all the time laboriously pumping away on some cardio machine day after day wondering why they can’t lose any more body fat. While it is true that aerobic training (cardio) does burn a higher percentage of fat during the actual exercising than anaerobic training such as wind sprints or weight training (which rely more heavily on carbs for energy), this does not mean that aerobic training will promote a leaner body than anaerobic training. The reason for this relates to the important aspects of youroverall RMR, the quantity of lean body mass you possess, the hormonal response from the exercise stimulus, and the residual metabolic effect of your training session in the hours and days following your workout.

First, as previously stated, your RMR remains elevated for only 1-2 hours following a typical cardio workout. Conversely, your RMR remains elevated for up to 1-2 days following a strenuous anaerobic training session (weight training, sprints, and other high intensity exercises) in which a large quantity of your skeletal muscle has been traumatized. This trauma created in your muscles during anaerobic training is the process of muscle protein breakdown. Then, in the hours and days following that anaerobic training session, your body must repair the damaged muscle. This is called muscle protein synthesis. During this whole process, your RMR is elevated due to the repair work your body is performing. Hence, you end up burning a lot more additional calories from this residual RMR increase than you would have from the cardio training session. In the long run, this aspect is more important towards creating a lean body than those few extra fat calories that you would have burned during a cardio workout.

Second, as simple as this fact sounds, it is most often overlooked in people trying to lose weight who think that they have to focus on cardio to lose the weight. Weight training builds lean muscle mass and therefore increases your RMR. Excessive cardio training actually can cause a loss of lean muscle mass, therefore decreasing your RMR. Hence, the lower your RMR, the harder it’s going to be to lose any more body fat and easier to store body fat if you happen to overeat. The result is that people who use primarily cardio-based workouts and also have a poor diet frequently acquire that “skinny-fat” appearance where they have very little muscle definition coupled with excess body fat.

It is common to hear fitness professionals and medical doctors prescribe low to moderate intensity aerobic training (cardio) to people who are trying to prevent heart disease or lose weight. Most often, the recommendations constitute something along the lines of “perform 30-60 minutes of steady pace cardio 3-5 times per week maintaining your heart rate at a moderate level”. Before you just give in to this popular belief and become the “hamster on the wheel” doing endless hours of boring cardio, I’d like you to consider some recent scientific research that indicates that steady pace endurance cardio work may not be all it’s cracked up to be.

First, realize that our bodies are designed to perform physical activity in bursts of exertion followed by recovery, or stop-and-go movement instead of steady state movement. Recent research is suggesting that physical variability is one of the most important aspects to consider in your training. This tendency can be seen throughout nature as all animals demonstrate stop-and-go motion instead of steady state motion. In fact, humans are the only creatures in nature that attempt to do “endurance” type physical activities.

Most competitive sports (with the exception of endurance running or cycling) are also based on stop-and-go movement or short bursts of exertion followed by recovery. To examine an example of the different effects of endurance or steady state training versus stop-and-go training, consider the physiques of marathoners versus sprinters. Most sprinters carry a physique that is very lean, muscular, and powerful looking, while the typical dedicated marathoner is more often emaciated and sickly looking. Now which would you rather resemble?

Another factor to keep in mind regarding the benefits of physical variability is the internal effect of various forms of exercise on our body. Scientists have known that excessive steady state endurance exercise (different for everyone, but sometimes defined as greater than 60 minutes per session, most days of the week) increases free radical production in the body, can degenerate joints, reduces immune function, causes muscle wasting, and can cause a pro-inflammatory response in the body that can potentially lead to chronic diseases.

On the other hand, highly variable intensity training has been linked to increased anti-oxidant production in the body and an anti-inflammatory response, a more efficient nitric oxide response (which can encourage a healthy cardiovascular system), and an increased metabolic rate response (which can assist with weight loss). Furthermore, steady state endurance training only trains the heart at one specific heart rate range and doesn’t train it to respond to various every day stressors. On the other hand, highly variable intensity training teaches the heart to respond to and recovery from a variety of demands making it less likely to fail when you need it.

The important aspect of variable intensity training that makes it superior over steady state cardio is the recovery period in between bursts of exertion. That recovery period is crucially important for the body to elicit a healthy response to an exercise stimulus. Another benefit of variable intensity training is that it is much more interesting and has lower drop-out rates than long boring steady state cardio programs.

To summarize, some of the potential benefits of variable intensity training compared to steady state endurance training are as follows: improved cardiovascular health, increased anti-oxidant protection, improved immune function, reduced risk for joint wear and tear, reduced muscle wasting, increased residual metabolic rate following exercise, and an increased capacity for the heart to handle life’s every day stressors. There are many ways you can reap the benefits of stop-and-go or variable intensity physical training. Wind sprints or hill sprints are the ultimate in variable intensity training and will get you ripped and muscular in no time flat. If you’re in good enough shape to sprint, always sprint instead of jogging. Trust me…your body will look much better for it! For a great finish to your weight training workouts, or for a great workout on their own, try about 6-12 all-out sprints of about 50-100 yards with 30-90 seconds rest in between.

Another great method of incorporating highly variable intensity exercise is to play sports. Most competitive sports such as football, basketball, racquetball, tennis, hockey, etc. are naturally comprised of highly variable stop-and-go motion. In addition, weight training naturally incorporates short bursts of exertion followed by recovery periods. High intensity interval training (varying between high and low intensity intervals on any piece of cardio equipment) is yet another training method that utilizes exertion and recovery periods. For example, an interval training session on the treadmill could look something like this (caution - this may be too fast for shorter individuals or if you’re not yet in good shape; adjust appropriately):

Warm-up for 3-4 minutes at a fast walk or light jog
    Interval 1 - run at 8.0 mi/hr for 1 minute
    Interval 2 - walk at 4.0 mi/hr for 1.5 minutes
    Interval 3 - run at 10.0 mi/hr for 1 minute
    Interval 4 - walk at 4.0 mi/hr for 1.5 minutes
    Repeat those 4 intervals 4 times for a very intense 20-minute workout.

Hopefully this section has convinced you to focus the majority of your training on weight training and other forms of resistance training coupled with high intensity “interval type cardio” and/or sprints in your quest for losing body fat to uncover your abs. I also recommend mixing in high intensity type training such as jumping rope, boxing, a rowing machine, stair climbing, and hill running into your routine in your quest to get lean. I guarantee you that a 20-minute high intensity interval training session is much more effective than a 40-50 minute boring steady pace cardio session due to several factors discussed previously such as the residual metabolic after-burn effect, muscle retention, hormonal response, heart rate variability, etc. It will also save you time!
    Last edited by AdamGH; 07-09-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Sorry just to be clear, im on a bulking cycle, I have gained a stone/14 pounds in 4 weeks.

Its my first cycle, and I have done my 4th shot, I dont think its kicked in yet, because its not meant to kick in for 6 weeks or so, I do feel stronger, but that might be in my mind lol.

Ok, I'll ditch the carbs right now!! If thats my problem the carbs are gone!!
    No carb diets are great ways of losing weight fast but arent the best if your trying to bulk. On a bulking diet you will want to eat the right carbs- Low GI carbs like real oatmeal-sweet potatoes and such. Stay away from suger and white flour type products. Eat your carbs in the morning and after training but try to stay away from them after that. If your trying to get shredded then drop the carbs all together.

Your problem is not cardio, its diet.

Your diet is horrible to say the least. Go to the diet section and read on good cutting diets. Also read up on foods that you should be eating and staying away from to cut. AT 168lb and 5'10" you REALLY should be focused on your diet and exercise, NOT cycling.

Wow what a great read!!! Im going to try your method instead, and cut out my carbs, shall I cut out ALL carbs?

I feel much better now I have some new ideas, lets see how the next month goes!

Gears is offline Member
    Diet is always the hardest thing to get down, but its still the most important.

Gears is offline Member
    Go check out stuff made by Lyle Mcdonald. His diet plans are gold.

infostalk is offline New Member
    first of all Test E will give u bloat. 2nd Abombs are the worst tabs in toxicity and will also give u bloat and ur trying to reveal your abs? if u want to cut the weight why not do 250mgs of test a week just to help protein absorbtion and protein the "muscle" u have now and do some nasty ass cardio training and motivation while fine tuning with diet?

going on a bulk u will fail miserably in ur efforts and consciousness in your belly fat.

My first cycle of test gave me 15lbs of great gains. which brought out my obleques and with diet of course i gained maybe 2percent bf but im fine with that being at 11-12 is fine with me but soon while natural i will be on 10 kinda of thermogenics (hydroxycut, ECA+yohimbe, lipo6, redline) just to figure out which works best with me.

you are doing it horribly wrong. Also where are your stats?? 5foot+ 25 years old isnt enough to help anyone help you. yes go do xyz cause im a doctor and the person next to you me being 6'1 will need the same thing!...

no.

get your ass on a good diet and lower the test for just lean gains maybe go on eq or winny tabs for hardness and vascularity instead of Abombs...

good luck and rock out.

Hey

Am I dropping ALL carbs? What carbs can I eat and still burn that stomach fat off?

Thanks

DCB83 is offline Associate Member
    You don't really need to do that much cardio.
    I run about 10mins 3 times a week, I eat well and frenquently throughout the day .i burn fat and stay slim on my waist.that seems to work for me.

dannyh11 is offline Junior Member
    if u cant run, do boxing or row machine intervals

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    You're never going to lose weight on 500mgs of test a week. I tried messing around with test as much as could for fat burning and cutting and it just causes too much water retention, even at lower doses.

The positive nitrogen balance caused by 500mg of test is never going to let you lose weight. You need a cutting agent in there such as well, there are lots of them. But if you lower your test dose to 250mg a week or lower and a higher dose of a cutter, than you will burn more fat. But yah its hard to cut at all with eating pizza and pastries.

Lean is mean baby! :P

Chubbosaurus is offline Junior Member
    I thought I read somewhere that Anadrol specifically makes it harder for the body to lose fat.

bmit is offline Member
    not true, nhl1. the higher the dose of test the more fat weight (not water weight) you will lose while cutting. Test has a nutrient partitioning effect, meaning a disproportionate amount of your calories will go to building and maintaining muscle instead of fat. Read a study where men on test (dosage dependent at least 150mg/wk) lose body fat.

Countless people have cut on test very successfully and should be included at at least 250mg/wk in all cutting cycles.

Deen54 is offline Member
    Dropping all carbs ...I don't agree with that.

monstermidas20 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Cardio all you want, if your diet is off track your not going to loose it. What does your daily diet look like? Break it down for us.
    i will have to disagree with you on that one. when i was in the marine corps we would run at least 4 miles a day. i was also training for an hour a day and could eat what ever i wanted and still be ripped. i would eat my protien but would snack on crappy food and never had a problem

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deen54 View Post
    Dropping all carbs ...I don't agree with that.
    yes most people trying to lose weight go on a low carb diet... and this is because.... when your body goes withought carbs it needs to burn something for energy. What else would it burn you ask? Well that something else is FAT.

Deen54 is offline Member
    you may think you're burning fat..but what your body would rather
    burn is lean muscle tissue because it there is more energy in lean tissue
    app** 69kj compared to fat at 29kj

so depleting carbs the body may or may not burn the fat ...probably burns
    whatever is quicker which is lean tissue...so you lose muscle..

now if you supply the body with adequate protein then it will have no
    choice but to take from fat...we hope anyway.

the body likes to store fat as protection..so the depletion in carbs you can
    bet the minute you screw up and eat some carbs or unhealthy sources
    that will go straight to storage and it may store some extra in case of
    a drought...(like eating no carbs)the body remembers..so you think you are doing good ..but long term..eating no carbs is not the answer.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey

Also on Adadrol.

Thanks

Matt

i beleive that TEST dose enhance metabolism which in theory could reduce BF,,, HOWEVER that primarily will depend on diet.

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    Well Bmit, what I said, was that you're never going to lose weight on 500mgs of test a week. The positive nitrogen balance just wont allow it so long as your body has a sufficient amount of calories to sustain its ability to function normally. I mean maybe if you starve yourself you will lose weight but its not all going to be fat, your body will go into a catabolic state and like someeone else said muscle produces more energy for the body as opposed to fat.

I'm not saying test doesnt burn fat, because it does, it plays a significant role in that aspect in fact. But it doesn't burn fat 100%. Hell, if it did, why would anyone take anything besides test? I was merely saying that at 500mgs of test you're not going to be leaning up. Sadly, as I know, from trying it may times, testosterone just doesn't work like that.

So yes like I said, and agree with you, drop the test to around 250 a week, like I'm doing right now, and introduce a cutting agent. Then you will be cutting up and burning fat much more efficiently.

Maybe other people can do it, but I just can't cut with anything that causes large amounts of water retention. I probably just have a water retention problem, seems like I always have. But I guess its better than being gyno proned. Anyways, if it works for ya, go for it, I'm just giving a suggestion based on the evidence of personal experience.

Thread Information