Alpine is offline New Member

Deca (Progesterone) Gyno - What do you guys think?

I’ve been researching and tossing around ideas for my First cycle for a while now.
    A Deca only seems very good to me for various reasons. For one, I’m likely to go bald eventually. My Mothers Father has a full head of hair but my Father and his Father are bald. In the last 3-4 months I have noticed a slight thinning of my hair. Nothing bad yet but you can see why I don’t want to jump on a Test cycle. This makes Deca seem like a very nice choice. Also I’m not hell bent on gaining 20lbs so a moderate gain of 10-15 would be fine.

Now to my main concern – Progesterone related Gyno from Deca. This is what I would like some feedback on. I know Deca is said to be fairly mild @ 400mg/wk. And I’ve been told gyno would be rare. Yet I see numerous posts of people complaining about gyno and deca all the time. Flipping a coin with bitch tits is not very comforting. How common do you really think it is? Also if I did start to see early signs of gyno could I effectively evade the bitch tit look (fatty tissue deposits) by stopping injections? I know Deca is a long lasting ester and would continue to stay in my system. With Test you can run ldex and get on Nolva if symptoms arise and stomp it out. But with Deca (considering you do get it) are you just fucked? There is little you can to effectively stop it. Would heading it off early enough be enough to evade it entirely? Has anyone here ever had what they thought was a gyno response from Deca/Progesterone?

This is starting to make Test/EQ or just Test a more appealing choice. I don’t want to lose my hair but I have a feeling eventually its going to happen anyway. The Full blown bitch tit look would be far worse.

Tom
    Tom is offline Associate Member
    Bro if your looking for 10 pounds go with EQ no gyno problems, does not shut you down nearly as hard as deca does. Also if you dont run deca with test be ready to have limp sword. I personaly wont run deca ever again just for the fact of how hard it shuts your natural test down. There are better alternatives to deca I think deca is the most deceiving steroid out there.

Mastiff is offline Member
    You can run bromo with deca to lower prolactin levels. This stops deca gyno. If you get deca gyno stopping injections won't help but bromo will.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Can you clear up what Bromo is? I can not find this anywhere...

Also, bump for good methods to recover from Deca cycles... or even EQ.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    Bromo inhibits prolactin secretion making it effective against gyno caused in some people by Fina. After a Deca cycle I'd suggest Clomid+HCG and some Nolva.

Originally posted by Mastiff
    You can run bromo with deca to lower prolactin levels. This stops deca gyno. If you get deca gyno stopping injections won't help but bromo will.
    Basically this is what I was looking for. Assume you do happen to be prone and start getting symptoms around week 3 or 4. Your fucked - stopping wont help. Fatty deposits can form.

Also I thought Bromo was still not rock solid proven yet?

Still @400mg It SHOULD be rare. I dont know if I want to take the chance though - Even if it is slim.

Ripped + Bald = Ok
    Ripped + Tits = Sad Sad Joke. Not to mention the 3-4 Grand for removal.

I just wish there was more proven scientific Data on Deca , Progesterone Gyno and so on. Everything so far has just been theories. Testing "theories" with man boobs on the line aint so sweet.

nj_
    If you are very worried about progesterone gyno or think you may have a predisposition to it, I would suggest dropping the Deca for EQ instead.

How would anyone think they have a predisposition to it? I mean with Estrogen some sings might be chilhood/puberty gyno lumps, or excess breat tissue. But with Gyno how would you know? Progesterone is not naturally occuring in males - correct?

nj_
    I should have been more clear, predisposition to ANY gyno is what I meant (like sensitive nipples, fatty tissue in the chest, etc). Luckily I have never been prone to gyno and hopefully never will be, but some of my friends are slightly prone and they run all the necessary ancillaries to avoid any complications. Better safe than sorry.

Where can I find more information on Bromo? Is it an androgen? Is it in the drug profiles on AR?

Sir Victorian guy, V.C. is offline Knight of the Garter and Member of the Victorian Order

Had problems with decca

I had gyno problems when I used decca with anadrol . I don't really do serious research into the pharmacology of these things, and if I had perhaps I wouldnt have used them together- but what's the big deal, if your nipples(the skin under them) start swelling, then take nolva- or try running clomid with it the whole time, but I think that an anti-estrogen inhibits anabolic activity. Nolva is a stronger anti-estrogen than clomid, but i would rather run clomid than nolva because, from my experience, nolva slows gains more than clomid.

I read a lot of 'in theory this should work like that...etc'- I say try everything and see if it applies to you.
    I had no problems running decca and test.
    I plan on a decca/dbol cycle...first i ought to take a few weeks off...ah, fuck it!
    Check into stacking the decca with something that may help regarding the progesterone...don't quote me on anything, but check into winstrol . I have read posts by people (on other boards) arguing it counteracts progesterone or something like that. If that is the case, then I would stack the decca with other gear rather than run it alone and take nolva or clomid.
    Aslo- take zinc. I read that it has anti-estrogen effects, do a search on www.anabolex.com I think McBastard posted the article, it was a summary of research results. I have had no real gyno problems the past couple cycles (which included anadrol) and I took zinc - 50mg tab a day-during both those cycles.
    But decca alone is better than none at all!
    Last edited by Sir Victorian guy, V.C.; 10-26-2002 at 04:51 AM.

nj_
    Bromo is a pharmaceutical treatment for Parkinson's Disease, it isn't legal in the US but you can import it from pharmacies overseas (a personal use quantity is legal, well so far nobody has had theirs seized). This URL might help answer a few of your questions...

http://www.parkinsons-information-ex...rugdb/020.html

Thanks for the link!

BTW, I have heard many times as well about Winstrol having anti-progesterone effects (Brock Strasser wrote on this before) which makes it a good way to finish off a Deca Cycle. Especially since Winny does not aromatize into estrogen.

hammerhead is offline Member
    I did a deca /d-bol/sustenon cycle for my maiden voyage into anabolic bliss. About week 7 my nipple area started getting a really round look to it. I had no itching or irritation in my nipples so most opinions are that this was not gyno but fat deposit buildup. Nonetheless I ceased the deca and started nolva. The nips went down. I still do not know for sure whether it really was progesterone-related gyno or just fluid/fat buildup. Since then i've juiced on mostly sustenon/equipoise and my nipples do get a puffy look to them. My tits are too big and too round for a guy. But it goes away mostly after the cycle and I had a good little bit of that look before I ever juiced anyway. That leans me towards the fat buildup theory.

Using winstrol to block progesterone-related deca gyno is controversial. Many will swear by it and many will say it doesn't work. It's all objective observation. I wouldn't bank on it. Nolva doesn't block it.

As far as knowing whether or not you're predisposed to gyno: do the women in your immediate family have big tits? If so you may likely have alot of receptors in your nipple area and that could translate into the dreaded deca-gyno predisposition. If you already have some fat deposits around the nipples you can expect more to get there on a mass cycle.

Many people have had success with Yohimburn on the nipple areas for reducing the fat-deposit tit look.

As far as your first cycle selection goes - your virgin cycle is so precious I wouldn't risk fucking it up like I did with deca gyno making you stop your juice mid-cycle. If you are a patient and persistent trainer with 15lbs of lean mass as a goal then the Equipoise/testosterone (with a cherry on top called d-bol) route is a good one. Equipoise/Primobolan with some winstrol or anavar splashed in there would be a high-quality although pricey way to "launch into it."

If you decide to go for the deca then whip up a deca/equipoise cycle with a splash of winstrol or anavar. That'll get you off to a solid start.

Gyno sucks. I'm going to attempt a deca/equipoise/winstrol "quality cycle" next spring. I'll find out for sure if the deca really does give me titties or not. I'm going to play it safe and stick to 350mg/wk of deca.

Good luck bro - tell us what you decide on for the anabolic blastoff.

Thread Information