akaz13 is offline Associate Member

who has had a sterile abscess?

I think I have one in my right delt Opaque bubble in the amp? turns out the bubble had nothing to do w/ it...

It was/ is more likely a sterile abscess..

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-...nfections.aspx
    The majority of abscesses are septic (i.e. caused by an infection) but sterile abscesses can also occur which are not caused by germs but by non-living irritants such as drugs. If an injected drug, especially oil based ones such as many anabolic steroids are not fully absorbed, it stays where it was injected and may cause enough irritation to generate a sterile abscess. Sterile abscesses are quite likely to turn into hard, solid lumps as they scar, rather than remaining pockets of pus2.

Superficial abscesses are readily visible and are red, swollen, painful and warm. Abscesses in other areas of the body may not be obvious and may produce only generalized symptoms such as fever and discomfort. A sterile abscess may cause only a painful lump, for example deep in the buttock where a shot was given. If the abscess is small (less than 1 cm or less than a half-inch across), applying warm compresses/hot soaks to the area for about 30 minutes 4 times daily can help.
    Any advice on avoiding these?

Did the warm compresses work?

Did anyone not go to a Dr for a drain and everything turned out well?

Also, if these are abscessing, that means that all the gear is not being absorbed... What can be done, which is basically question one, asked a different way - b/c if sterile abscesses are avoided they are absorbed...

But what can be done (if anything) to avoid wasting the gear that is already injected?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    What are you using?

PingPang is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    What are you using?
    and how much did you inject...and which muscle?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Theres a few things you can do to limit it from occuring, increase the length of time the oil stays in the muscle, or decreasing the concentration of the drug. Either will work.

What are you using?
    test e, which is an oil based compound, so I believe that the symptoms fall into the category of the definition....

Quote Originally Posted by PingPang View Post
    and how much did you inject...and which muscle?
    1 - 250mg amp... but if you draw out carefully, you can get 300mg, so it was about 300mg. The problem is in the right delt. But, I have pinned the left delt w/ no problem.

Also, I think left glute may be abscessed, too...

Theres a few things you can do to limit it from occuring, increase the length of time the oil stays in the muscle, or decreasing the concentration of the drug. Either will work.
    Have you had any of these? If so, how did u treat them, or did they just take cre of themselves?

And from the wording of several articles I read, I thought that you would not want the gear to linger too long, as that is what would create the abscessed lump b/c it hasn't been absorbed.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    using the same injection site can cause this. the scar tissue that builds stops the oil from absorbing and it just sits there. Rotate sites to prevent this.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    using the same injection site can cause this. the scar tissue that builds stops the oil from absorbing and it just sits there. Rotate sites to prevent this.
    I do rotate. This my frst cycle, so that was the first time I ever hit the right delt. But I had no problem w/ left delt or right glute....

But I did w/ left glute and right delt, both of which I have to do w/ my left hand... I am right handed and I am wondering if there is something about my left handed technique that is causing the problem?

B/c I have no problems w/ sites that I have done right handed, and I am sure everything is sterile.

I was going to go to my Dr this morning, but it is a holiday, so that is out until Monday...

I don't think I am at the stage where draining is necessary. Maybe they will just give me an antibiotic, but isn't that supposed to be bad for a cycle?

I will try using heating pads, etc to loosen up the oil since that is supposed to work. I don't know how effective it will be, but I will try it...

Anyone else have any success w/ other home remedies? If so, throw them out & I will give them a shot...

I thought about going to the ER, but I don't think it is that serious, so far.. Also, my Dr knows about the AAS, so he can just treat the problem w/o having to specify what the source is, but if I go to the ER...

I will have to say abscess... They will ask how/ why.... Somehow, it will end up in the report, and since insurance has to pay for it.... that will not be good.. But at the Dr, all that can be gotten around, so no problems from insurance....

update:

they were sterile abscesses... I just used a heating pad and they went away..

The one in my right shoulder went first, but the one in my left glute stuck around for a while... But since the one in the shoulder went away no problems, I just kept heating the area and since I could see it was getting smaller, i didn't worry...

So if you ever run into this and you know your gear and injection technique were sterile, just keep taking your temperature... if your temp is normal, using a heating pad will get the job done...

If they stick around really long, then that might be a reason to see a Dr, but mine went away... the heating pad method works! but don't inject the same spot that is still a little bloated from the last injection!

I did that w/ left glute and that is why it took so long to dissipate..

skydeaner is offline New Member
    I sucked some of the blood out of mine one time. It was like a real dark blood, it shrank and almost instantly felt better. And then a heating pad. No pus or anything so I assume it was a sterile abscess it was just a big ol knot under my skin. Not red, not even really warm. I think I didn't go deep enough with the gear. Won't make that mistake again.

Thread Information