akaz13 is offline Associate Member

extending my cycle...

I pretty much decided to extend my cycle (500 mg test e/ wk) from 10wks, to 12 wks.

This is my first cycle, but I was wondering how far I can extend before it just gets stupid?

Specifically, I was wondering if I can go 18 wks, total, to be 'on' for a whole bench program?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Only reason to extend is if you are still growing. If you arnt then there is no point

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    My body likes the lower dosed long runs myself, thats usually 14 weeks though for me, just be ready to come off.
    Kale is right.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    keep it to 16 weeks max. recovery gets harder the longer you are shut down

OK, I guess I will stop at 12 wks....

It's just that I haven't gotten a whole lot of 'kick in'.... I know the gear is real b/c Iam breaking out like a pubescent male, I recover pretty quick, etc..

But I haven't gotten a lot stronger or bigger yet...

My post work out pumps are bigger, I am geting leaner w/o really trying (which caused me to up my cals)... Anyway, nothing amazing so far on the size or strength departments..

I have heard that the kick in can be as late as wk 8 on test e.. so that is why I was thinkingabout extending..

sounds like your diet, eat man

I get about 80 - 85 grams of protein at each meal and pretty much 5 meals, unless I go to bed early.... Which is atleast 1.5 grams per pound of BW (I weigh 240)...

I could add another shake in the middle of the night when I piss, but during the day, there is almost no way to get another meal...

I eat pretty much every 2-3 hrs, except when I am on the go... And I am usually full as a mofo, all the the time.. I am trying to eat clean, which I pretty much am...

I could start adding the chocolate cake back in to kick the calories up... But I was trying to lean a little since it is summer...

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I've gone 16 weeks and to be quite honest it was 2-3 weeks longer than I should have gone. Like Kale said if you aren't making gains there is no point.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by akaz13 View Post
    I get about 80 - 85 grams of protein at each meal and pretty much 5 meals, unless I go to bed early.... Which is atleast 1.5 grams per pound of BW (I weigh 240)...

I could add another shake in the middle of the night when I piss, but during the day, there is almost no way to get another meal...

I eat pretty much every 2-3 hrs, except when I am on the go... And I am usually full as a mofo, all the the time.. I am trying to eat clean, which I pretty much am...

I could start adding the chocolate cake back in to kick the calories up... But I was trying to lean a little since it is summer...
    definatly stay away from the cake bro. save your protein or calorie shakes for pwo and during the day when you cant eat. i use scifit extreme mass during the day when im bulking. it has about 800 calories, 50g whey with min. sugar and fat.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    definatly stay away from the cake bro. save your protein or calorie shakes for pwo and during the day when you cant eat. i use scifit extreme mass during the day when im bulking. it has about 800 calories, 50g whey with min. sugar and fat.
    Yea, I won't add cake, I am mostly too full to eat anything extra anyway... it is just that I haven't actually gained any weight yet....

actually, I got some casein and lean gainer (650 cal, 60g protein, 85g carbs) last week to up my cals, since eating all my cals just isn't practical...

But now that I think about it, if I am the same weight and leaner in the waist, I have gained LBM, then.. But since I have cleaned the diet up a little, I just haven't added new BF...

Mostly, I am not happy that I haven't added much new arm size, but my chest, shoulders and back tend to out pace my arms a little anyway.. and my chest, shoulders and back do look a little bigger, just nothing jaw dropping so far...

maybe it won't fully kick in until around week 8, I have heard some ppl say that it takes until about week 8 for test e kicks in for them (I just started week 6 in Wed)...

breakbones is offline Senior Member
    I went a total of 16 weeks, For some dumb reason I stoped working out. what's funny is I keept almost half my size, I just got inot the gyme again and my muscles are buling, I'm not even on a cycle right now, i'm getting ready for my 2nd.

But I would recomend stay at 12 if your body feels good at that point. Do not go behond 16..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by breakbones;4074***
    I went a total of 16 weeks, For some dumb reason I stoped working out. what's funny is I keept almost half my size, I just got inot the gyme again and my muscles are buling, I'm not even on a cycle right now, i'm getting ready for my 2nd.

But I would recomend stay at 12 if your body feels good at that point. Do not go behond 16..

Cheers
    Cool, someone on another forum was just saying this:

As for extending the cycle you could run test e for quite a while, though i wouldnt go much beyond around 14 weeks without changing the substances. If your looking to go 18 weeks (which i wouldnt recommend) then maybe add an oral or test P in for the last 4 weeks, that would keep the gains coming right until the end.
    So, I was thinking of taking it to 14 wks.... but it seems that there are as many different opinions on it, as there are guys that use...

But for next time I will factor in how running only test e did this time, and make the appropriate changes for my next cycle... I would def add something that will have a quicker pop along side it next time, at least...

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    slow down man, its not like this is the last cycle you can do... give your body a break and add a recommended kick to your test the next cycle.. you only have one liver and two kidneys, dont forget that...

Update: it may be kicking in!

I just weighed 244lb, usually when I weigh that I have been eating junk and look like I am pregnant! I have been eating more carbs the last two days, but I just had my first meal, which wasn't all that heavy...

So maybe it is starting to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    slow down man, its not like this is the last cycle you can do... give your body a break and add a recommended kick to your test the next cycle.. you only have one liver and two kidneys, dont forget that...
    True, but test only isn't supposed to be very hard on your system.. it is already in your body after all...

It can agravate all the things that are male related, like hair loss and enlarge prostate.. but liver, kidney, etc is largely not a concern...

But I shave my head anyway, and it doesn't change my mood and make me anaggressive a-hole... it is breaking me out like a 14 y/o though!

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    whats your daily total cals?

for me personally when i am bulking and thus really eating a shitload of mostly solid food i need extra digestive enzymes so that my body really can utilize those extra macro nutrients. that really made a big difference for me when i started that.

-rodge

Quote Originally Posted by rodge View Post
    whats your daily total cals?

for me personally when i am bulking and thus really eating a shitload of mostly solid food i need extra digestive enzymes so that my body really can utilize those extra macro nutrients. that really made a big difference for me when i started that.

-rodge
    I have been upping my carbs, lately.. and I guess I will stick w/ it...

At one point, I was eating carbs at breakfast, pre WO, post WO, and 1st meal post WO. From there I would just have meat, beans and shakes (terrible bean/ protein powder farts... ) since it was getting close to bed time...

But, last cpl days, I have been adding more carbs..

My protein powders, late at night were just protein.. but if I wanted to up my calories... I may have add a small amount of the lean gainer?

I would guess that my calories are around 4000-ish, I haven't been stricly counting them... but my meals are around high 700 cals to around 800-ish cals each...

And I wasn't counting carbs either, I was just putting a nice sized side dish next to what ever meat source I was having.. But I did just get a food scale, so I can factor them in too, now.. i was just going to use it to weigh meat to make sure I was getting enough protein per serving..

BTW, ur looking jakt in ur av, bro!

also, where do you weigh in on extending the cycle?

If I got to 12-14wks, do I need to start thinking about HCG ?

I am about to start getting a list together, and if I am gonna need it, I may as well add it to the list...

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by akaz13 View Post
    If I got to 12-14wks, do I need to start thinking about HCG ?

I am about to start getting a list together, and if I am gonna need it, I may as well add it to the list...
    Personally I use HCG at the halfway point , 250 iu x2 a week till the end of cycle. Depending on who you ask, you'll get different responses.

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    Personally I use HCG at the halfway point , 250 iu x2 a week till the end of cycle. Depending on who you ask, you'll get different responses.
    True, I have seen people say that your boys will come back anyway during PCT.

My cycle is pretty tame to begin with, does that factor in at all?

it took awhile but reading down through the posts I found your starting week 6. You haven't had enough time yet to be wondering whats wrong, diet and all that. At week 6 then you've only been on full tilt about 3 weeks. What gains are you really expecting in three weeks? you need to ask about extending in week ten if you still feel like it. Also get your PCT Now! Never wait till the last minute, have it ready before you start.

Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    it took awhile but reading down through the posts I found your starting week 6. You haven't had enough time yet to be wondering whats wrong, diet and all that. At week 6 then you've only been on full tilt about 3 weeks. What gains are you really expecting in three weeks?
    Well, I wasn't super alarmed, but I looked at the calender then realised that I only had 4 more wks to go, if I was going to end it in wk 10...

Like I said, a cpl ppl told me that it takes them unltil wk 8 to really see something.

On another forum they are thinking anything from the gear is fake to my diet is crap. I was telling them that my buddy is on a test e, deca & tren stack from the same source and he is up 10lb already in his first few weeks. But he has used before and this is my first cycle...

And as far as my diet, I made it to 240lb just fine before the AAS.... so I have some idea what I am doing... But, I obviously don't have any experience of dieting on AAS... But, I admit that I thought it would be cake, since I have't had a problem gaining weight in the past... add AAS, I figured that I would finish this cycle around 260lb...

But I am glad to hear you say that it is still early, I was just thinking w/ only 4 wks left, I might not get a lot out of the cycle...

And it is not like I haven't gained anything so far... I am seeing noticeable size in my lats and shoulders especially... just no real BW gain... I was figuring I would hit 260lb, since I have heard that this cycle is worth about 20lbs....

And I haven't picked up a whole lot of arm size so far... but that may be b/c I was in a low rep phase (from 5 reps down to 1 rep) over the first 6 wks of his cycle... I will start a new cycle w/ 10 rep sets next week, so I will be hitting hypertrophy a little better...

All my back work is 10 rep sets, excpet for low rep DLs... so that probably plays a role as well, but should have nothing to do w/ no real BW gain, though...

Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog
    you need to ask about extending in week ten if you still feel like it. Also get your PCT Now! Never wait till the last minute, have it ready before you start.
    I have PCT, I was just getting my list together if I was going to extend, since I only have 10 wks worth of test e.... can't wait 'til the last minute if I do extend, since it will take about a wk to get the gear & I don't want to miss any pinning..

And I don't have any HCG , since no sources I read recommended it w/ my cycle and my buddy was of no use b/c he doesn't even do PCT... does crazy cycles..

He did a deca only cycle a while back...I had to tell him to add test to his tren cycle! But he goes about it waaay different.. dude doesn't even take the shit seriously.... he isn't serious about his diet and really does't even work out... But that's him...

bro in 4 more weeks your test isn't going to evaporate all up that day it'll take another 3 weeks after the four are up, see where I'm going with this. Comes on late but also finishes late. At week ten remember its going to be there till week 12. Week 12= 14, week 14=16, see the pattern, I'd go 12-14 if your still growing.

Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    bro in 4 more weeks your test isn't going to evaporate all up that day it'll take another 3 weeks after the four are up, see where I'm going with this. Comes on late but also finishes late. At week ten remember its going to be there till week 12. Week 12= 14, week 14=16, see the pattern, I'd go 12-14 if your still growing.
    True, you're right... I know that it is in your system for 2 wks after your last pin.... But I didn't really factor that in as far as gains.. so good point!

I was just thinking, only 4 more wks... how am I going to gains 20lbs in 4 wks... but you pointed out what I didn't factor in...

So, I'm good! I will just keep eating, training and ride it out...

Would you add HCG to this cycle?

Thread Information