akaz13 is offline Associate Member

blast and cruise or cycle?

Who believes that blast and cruise is better than long cycles, followed by an equal time off?

I did a quick (and I mean quick) overview of blast and cruise (below) and dude from doggcrapp makes an interesting case...

http://forum.****morphosis.com/stero...134235093.html

I have always been "taught" that longer cycles are the way to go. Was reading around and someone pointed me in the direction of DoggCrapp's idea of cycling called Blasting then Cruising. Here's the basic concept

DC:

Without sounding cocky I am a very advanced bodybuilder down here in San Diego--cruising at 285lbs or so and going up over 300 this year (again) I came from a very very hard gaining and skinny genetic structure (140lbs about 10 years ago)so gains have never come easy and I didnt start super supplements until I was 225 clean (took me 6 years). (I use food as my chief anabolic ) What I am amazed at is the number of 180 to 220lb bodybuilders on the net who spend ungodly amounts of money and use so many different exotic compounds thinking that it is the endall super stack of all stacks. And they take huge, huge risks in trying to acquire these drugs. I have had an abundance of pro and top amateur friends to gain the knowledge that pretty much -these top people in the sport are blasting high amounts of test as the base drug in the offseason to put on pro size with mostly one (sometimes two) other compounds (usually fina, or equipoise or some other non exotic drug). (and gh if it can be afforded). I firmly believe you will gain 2 times the amount of muscle off of 2 grams of test either alone or with another compound than having some kind of exotic stack involving 3 to 6 exotic hard to get expensive compounds. The receptor site theories have proven to be bunk. The cheapest and best stack I can think of anyone doing to put on major size is a gram or two of test with arimidex to keep water off with fina 75 to 150mg every other day for 4 weeks --then 2 to 3 weeks of cruising (test at 300-400mg and clomid at 5 (day one), 4(day two), 3(day three),then 2 every day for 2 weeks)--and then back on everything full again (maybe equipoise used instead of fina this time)for 4 weeks (then 2 to 3 weeks cruising again etc etc)---if you cant gain gobs of muscle on that nothing exotic (masteron , etc etc etc) surely isnt going to do it for you. Testosterone is always the base for any gaining cycle of any pro freind Ive had or top people with whom I talked with off record. I have never even been over 1000mg of test myself (yet) but I see guys spending and using 10 times the amount I do weighing 70lbs less. I think there is a major problem when the easiest, cheapest and most potent things are right in front of people and they are off searching for substance B-737 undecylate in bulgaria

Sorry bout that, I wrote that post quickly and I should of been a little more responsible with saying-those dosages are what I am seeing superheavies who have been around for a while doing. I am of the opinion that people should use the lowest dosages possible that will keep them gaining. If a newbie bodybuilder starts off with 2 grams of T every week and a high dose of fina etc etc and eventually taps out on that where is he going to go? 4000 a week? I believe one should make their way up 750, to 1000 to 1200 to 1500 and so on slowly thru cycles. I am an advocate of the 4 week on 2 week cruising (then back on) method not because of receptor site saturation but due to 3 very important (to me) factors...1)I lift extremely heavy and I push the limits for 4 weeks and I just need 2 weeks to kind of regroup myself and then go balls to the wall again with poundages for the next 4 weeks
    2)Same with food intake-I religiously get in 500 to 600 grams of protein and I have to give myself a little break for those 2 weeks(i only go down to 400grams or so) or I'll go crazy
    3) I think its of utmost importance to keep yourself regulated hpta wise. If your endogenous test levels diminish due to constant months of high androgens when you do finally come off those size gains fly out the door...if you can keep your endo test somewhat normal you wont get the huge problems that keep most bodybuilders bouncing up and down in bodyweight like yo yo's..namely getting colds and flu's/injuries/depression/lack of aggresion and appetite (which usually means test to estrogen ratio out of whack)...During the cruising period the 400mg of test will keep you from losing any muscle at all and the clomid and arimidex will get you as close (via 2 different routes) to homeostasis as possible.
    As far as GH, I have never used it and I wish I could. But the cost is just too much for me at this time. From what I've witnessed short cycles will not do anything so unless I can run it for at least 6 months I am not going to bother. Opinions down here vary but most follow Milos's lead and do 5 days on 2 days off at 6IU's a day or 6 days on 4 off.

Nitz5785 is offline Associate Member
    Very interesting read...

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    what are your stats age and cycle history
    blast and cruise would be very stupid for someone with modest stats

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    and omg if I read that right (I just skimmed it) it was the most horribe pile of steaming crap I have read in awile.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i have always cycled 12weeks or more and i have got no complaints. although i can understand how short cycles would work. i notice i tend to grow in spurts, so short burst cycle does make sense to me and is def something i may consider.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    that method basically proposes no time off.. even 400mg/w is enough to keep your hpta shut down. 1g a week isn't that crazy either, i think a good "blast" cycle, if you want to call it that, would entail a 6 week prep diet, a 4-6 cycle (2+g/w), followed by a proper, full, pct.

i don't know where it was, but marcus (i believe) outlined the principle of it in another thread. his sounded a lot better than this

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Doggcrap is best known for his training...not that i agree with it...Tell you the truth thats the most unhealthy crap ive read(ive read it before)...no time to let your system rest...if you're not a PRO dont bother,,,even they take time off.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    I'd agree with the elaborate cycles part, test is king. He's cruising at 90mph though.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    He's cruising at 90mph though.
    thats the only way to go.. cruise control on the highway just south of 90. lol

jbadboi is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    that method basically proposes no time off.. even 400mg/w is enough to keep your hpta shut down. 1g a week isn't that crazy either, i think a good "blast" cycle, if you want to call it that, would entail a 6 week prep diet, a 4-6 cycle (2+g/w), followed by a proper, full, pct.

i don't know where it was, but marcus (i believe) outlined the principle of it in another thread. his sounded a lot better than this
    u have a link to that thread? im kind of interested in the blast/cruise type of cycle, though i'd do something like this:

4-5 weeks blast/on
    2 weeks cruise/off
    4-5 weeks blast/on
    4 weeks PCT
    8-16 weeks off (no cruise)
    Rinse
    Repeat

I'd do only 2 cycles per year that way. So how does that sound? And during the cruise i'd only use clomid/nolva and maybe be on proviron + slin.
    Last edited by jbadboi; 08-05-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Ostrich is offline Junior Member
    Thats was very interesting. I could only see the blast method if you were going pro. You would already have to have a semi-pro body as a base and certainly not for someone under 25. It appears to have a hight risk factor than just cycling (sides, ect). Im sure this is what Trey Brewer and some others might do.

I was still interested in the concept of blast and cruise but was tied up w/ a few things and didn't have time to take this on...

So is the concensus that blast and cruise a bad thing or it is just bad as it is laid out here?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    EQ for 4 weeks seems like a good idea to me!

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    EQ for 4 weeks seems like a good idea to me!
    yes, but what about the cruising part?

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaz13 View Post
    Who believes that blast and cruise is better than long cycles, followed by an equal time off?

I did a quick (and I mean quick) overview of blast and cruise (below) and dude from doggcrapp makes an interesting case...
    I certainly do, iv'e doing it a few years but i am 47.
    I think if you over 40 then it's definately worth thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    I certainly do, iv'e doing it a few years but i am 47.
    I think if you over 40 then it's definately worth thinking about.
    I just turned 38...

Are you runnning your blast and cruise like DC? If not, how are you going about your's?

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    I just turned 38...

Are you runnning your blast and cruise like DC? If not, how are you going about your's?
    No way, thats just plain crazy.
    I do a 10wk blast then i taper down to cruise dosage over 4wks, so by wk 14 i'm on 250mg sust wk, this lasts for 12wks, that gives me two good blasts a year, with minimal loss of gains.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    yes, but what about the cruising part?
    This was a joke. Eq wont even kick in in 4 weeks, pointless.

Thread Information