Thread: Fake name

small guyy is offline New Member

Fake name

Has anyone used a fake name on a order and got it through their PO BOx?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    never tried it. just make sure you know whether or not a signature is required from your source.

dback is offline Junior Member
    are you talking about an actual usps po box or a rented one at one of those stores?

usps box

bump

jackdup04 is offline Associate Member
    If its adressed to ur po box it will go there regardless the name..When its all said and done it generally wont help with u gettin pinched if they want ya they'll getcha usually...But why not use a diff name i personally never have but what the hell,try it out...

N*E*R*D is offline Banned
    I dont know where you live but using a po box is suspicious to customs no matter where you live so why not just get delivered to your house in a different name?

J-41-sd is offline Associate Member
    I always deliver to my house under a different name, never a problem.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    if you use a fake name and get caught excepting the package you can throw another charge in there
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I use my name but misspell it.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    exactly
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Had customs snag a order at my home addy, so had to get new addy. I always heard that they flag your addy, So has someone just changed their name after reciveing a customs letter and still used the same addy

Lets just say this.... I have ordered some gear in my tenure.....And have had one or tow captured. I give them my name but mis-spell it. If I get it and no problems, i laugh and say " GOd nobody gets my name right" If it gets caught and I am called on it... yes, happened once, I say i have no idea what your talking about... Obviously some idiot used my name and look they couldn't even spell it right" Then walk away. A fake name IMO is worse than your real one. It looks like your guilty

J0k3R is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    Lets just say this.... I have ordered some gear in my tenure.....And have had one or tow captured. I give them my name but mis-spell it. If I get it and no problems, i laugh and say " GOd nobody gets my name right" If it gets caught and I am called on it... yes, happened once, I say i have no idea what your talking about... Obviously some idiot used my name and look they couldn't even spell it right" Then walk away. A fake name IMO is worse than your real one. It looks like your guilty
    hmmm.. excellent idea... just might have to try that lol

N*E*R*D is offline Banned
    To be honest my opinion probably differs as im a uk bro, so i dont have the fear of god put in me when i have an order coming like americans

Stop biting my ideas junior.......LOL

stallion_1 is offline suspended
    hey jokers, what the hell is a lad???

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    I use my name but misspell it.
    Just an FYI

I used to do this a long time ago. On one of the DEA or Customs websites that explains about what to look for/ common practices regarding packages mailed containing illicit materials/controlled substances coming through customs- one of the things they mention is that the package will sometimes be addressed to the person with a misspelling of their name as it is a common practice among people who do such things.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 07-25-2008 at 04:01 AM.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdup04 View Post
    If its adressed to ur po box it will go there regardless the name..When its all said and done it generally wont help with u gettin pinched if they want ya they'll getcha usually...But why not use a diff name i personally never have but what the hell,try it out...
    A mail boxes etc place I talked to about this said that it would be a problem if a package came to a mailbox rented by me addressed to a different name.

I think there is a place on the form to list other people who will be receiving mail at your mailbox. I could be wrong but I think they require ID from those persons. Some places, and most likely big post officies, will probably not track this and so anything mailed to the box will probably get put in there.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 07-25-2008 at 03:59 AM.

Thread Information