bogdan84uzy is offline Associate Member

Best/maximum hematocrit level for an athlete when using epo

i have heard different opinions about the maximum hematocrit level.what i have found on internet it is maximum 55%,but from what i have talk with the guys that have used it it is maximum 45%.and the best performance at 41-42%.what do you know?
    Last edited by bogdan84uzy; 07-24-2008 at 02:29 AM.

1K2GO is offline New Member
    %55 is closer to an "ideal" level although some guys push it up towards %60, but thats scary....

all the ppl told me if you are getting close to 50% and you are not dead then you are a very lucky man

so anybody has more knowledge about that?

noneyours is offline Junior Member
    you can be up to 49.9% and legaly race in endurance races that test your crit. If a racer wants a higher crit they put in blood right before the race, the highest anybody has done is 64 that i know of. They test a racers crit 2 hours before a stage starts and that gives them plenty of time to put in alot of Red Blood Cells before the race actually starts. Everybody on the tour called him 64 bc of that, and everyone thought he was crazy for doing it. They in no way shape or form go to sleep like that. They take blood out after the stage and put in salt water or some other liquid that is found in blood. If you go to sleep with it above 50 you will possibly die in your sleep. They only keep it high while they are competing. There were athletes that died in the dentist chair bc they kept it high all the time.

so.. 49 would be the highest i would want to ever be, and honestly i would feel safe around 46-47 at highest. If i was to do that, I would take asprin or whatever that OTC drug is that thins the blood so your heart can pump easier. Also, dont take it if you arent under the care of a doctor. Even the pros under the care of a professional sports medicine doctor cary a centrifuge around with them so they can test it at least every day.... Its that dangerous.
    Last edited by noneyours; 08-20-2008 at 11:18 AM.

hey man!great info!thanks!

noneyours is offline Junior Member
    also, even if you dont go above 45, drink a shit ton of water every day... even more than you already are.

Thread Information