mod1-4 is offline Associate Member

passing out during a injection

my buddy is doing his first cycle test e deca standard 500 and 400 a week
    i give him his first 2 injects to show him the ropes, today he did one on his own and said he woke on the floor and had been passed out for about 15 minutes, anyone know what he could of done wrong ? he said he aspirated, he said you got all the air out, he showed me where he shot looks fine right glute, any ideas i dont want the dumb guy to die on me

gymfreak1978 is offline New Member
    dude thats not good news, may be the whole thing of injecting him self just got 2 overwhelming for him, anxiety and panic may of contributed.

my opinion not fact !!!

Kelleh is offline Associate Member
    I have a couple friends and family that passout just looking at a needle. They get really anxious and passout.

will_work is offline Associate Member
    my boy would rather die then go to the hospital because of the fear of needles.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    yeah, I had a roomate in college who used to get dizzy and have to sit down any time he had to inject someone. Always felt like he was gonna pass out. It was actually kind of funny

Kelleh is offline Associate Member
    Its really funny when you see some huge guy cry at the site of a needle.

jackdup04 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymfreak1978 View Post
    dude thats not good news, may be the whole thing of injecting him self just got 2 overwhelming for him, anxiety and panic may of contributed.

my opinion not fact !!!
    100% agree....Never seen or heard of it happining 4any other reason....Have him drink sum o.j or sumthn 2get his blood sugar up b4 inj and relax..Mabye try quad shots so he can sit comfortably...
    Last edited by jackdup04; 07-24-2008 at 08:21 AM.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    Quote Originally Posted by mod1-4 View Post
    and said he woke on the floor and had been passed out for about 15 minutes, anyone know what he could of done wrong ? he said he aspirated, he said you got all the air out, he showed me where he shot looks fine right glute, any ideas i dont want the dumb guy to die on me
    of course i don't really know, but fifteen minutes is a very long time for a simple faint, and he may have made a mistake with that and wasn't really that long.

in any case, if he has a tendency for that to happen he should definitely inject sitting or reclining in the future for his safety.

he said he felt really wierd and the whole week passed through his mind, and when he came to he thought he was out last night and blacked out but then he relized that he hasnt had a drink since he started his cycle

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a weird experience once pinning. It was abotu my 5th shot ever of my first cycle and I was shooting my quad and I dont know what happened I just got all tense and had anxiety and thought I was going to throw up and I hadnt even injected yet the needle was just in my leg. So I pulled it out and laid down for 2 mins and I was fine after that. I think you just need to be as relaxed as possible.

passthetest is offline Member
    i used to get extremely anxious and dizzing while injecting...not really anymore though now that I'm used to it

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i had a buddy that hit his sciatic nerve and passed out! he said he woke up in a pool of blood from hittin the bath tub!

AnimalGear is offline Little Monster in the making
    Have him try different sites like delts....and watch him this next time. Also, as stated above, have him drink some cranberry juice or something with sugar

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem
    When I get my blood drawn or see a needle I get light headed and dizzy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trypanophobia

http://www.futurescience.com/needles.html
    (1) The type of needle phobia described in Dr. Hamilton's article is characterized by the vasovagal reflex reaction, a frightening reaction which includes plunging blood pressure and (often) loss of consciousness. This reaction generally occurs only after puberty, and is more common in men than women.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    ive had a girl pass out when giving me and injection and leave the needle in me, lol.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    People think because I have a ton of tattoos that I like needles, I DON"T, I hold my breath everytime they draw blood, sometimes I get lightheaded. Even when my wife injects me its nervracking sometimes. Then sometimes we'd both burst out in laughter and the fukking needle will pop out!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Another One!!! we need a sticky already....LOL

"Do a search on vasovagal syncope, This is were mental stress cause physical symptoms in this case fainting. Vasovagal syncope is the most common type of fainting. The basics behind it is that the nerve that controls the cardiopulmonary tract (vagus nerve, aka cranial nerve X) is overstimulated and causes an inhibitory effect on the heart, lungs, and vicerol organs. This causes a drop in blood pressure, heart rate, breath rate, ect."

if he hit he nerve will it do that

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mod1-4 View Post
    my buddy is doing his first cycle test e deca standard 500 and 400 a week
    i give him his first 2 injects to show him the ropes, today he did one on his own and said he woke on the floor and had been passed out for about 15 minutes, anyone know what he could of done wrong ? he said he aspirated, he said you got all the air out, he showed me where he shot looks fine right glute, any ideas i dont want the dumb guy to die on me

People pass out from needles all the time.
    Your buddy probably didn't do anything wrong at all, he's just a *****

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    You might recommend he start doing his injections sitting back on his bed (depending on injection site), just in case he panics again and blacks out, less chance of serious injury from a fall.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    As said above, he had an anxiety/panic attack (*****). Make sure he is sitting when he does injections. I have passed out standing up (took 6mg xanax after drinking when i was younger) and hit my head heard enough that i have a scar and a small piece of my ear missing.

You might recommend he start doing his injections sitting back on his bed (depending on injection site), just in case he panics again and blacks out, less chance of serious injury from a fall.
    I also found that sitting on the edge of my bed made my muscles more relaxed and made injections easier.

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    He probably overwhelm and in panic . Some say that at time of panic and your low in sugar it can cause you to faint or get light headed. I'm not sure if thats true tho.

BloodyBillAnderson is offline Associate Member
    I noticed that mod1-4 gave the dude his first injection. I Florida, if you pin someone and they die (I know very unlikely) you can be charged with manslaughter. I asked the guy that helped me get started to give me my first injection, he said no, do it or don't.

well like i said i was showing him how to do it, everyone is nervous there first time they do it by themselves

mauler is offline Associate Member
    i was a little nervous my first time, but i never felt like i was going to pass out, and idont even like needles

i was a little nervous my first time, but i never felt like i was going to pass out, and idont even like needles
    I was so excitted to get going on it. I had done my reading and research adn got it done very quick and painlessly. I have had very few bad injections ever.

Thread Information