snugglepuppy666 is offline New Member

What is the problem w/ low dose cycles?

Hello,

"However we cannot ignore the suggestion of using estrogen maintenance drugs only when they are necessary to combat visible side effects during mild to moderately dosed cycles, especially if bulk is the ultimate goal of the athlete."

the above quote is out of one of the stickies above.. Also, i read where people repeatedly state that low dose cycles are not good.

what visible side effects? why would a high dose cycle be any better..

confused

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'm not seeing a pct question, so I'll move this to the steroid Q+A...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    ok, now then.
    some people respond well to low dose cycles, others don't. genetics, cycle history, training, diet, etc are all variables so there is not a "one size fits all" answer to this question.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    ^^^^ yup...its all relative.

Banelord is offline Associate Member
    I was doing a 300 mg deca and 200 mg test prop with great result, now the deca is gone so if the massive pumps, all I have is test prop taken two time a week, I know I know should be EOD, but I have all my streight and lost some size, I think it was just water, but now I'm really hard. Interesting by the way this is a very low dose cycle.

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    My last cycle (Iam now in PCT) was 250mg test E and 600mg primo each week and I gained while cutting 14lbs and now in PCT gained another 5lbs (watter and fat) Iam leaner and bigger. But dont cycle for 6months and before had just 6wks cycle low dose prop and Tbol and before 6months also without AS. So my body react well.

I know friends who cycle 6+months in row and they cant get results from 1+g test E and 300mg A-bombs. And they are juicing just for them... crazy IMHO.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    I've stated this a few times recently. I feel whenever starting a new substance for the first time, you should always start off low and see how your body reacts before you up it. If your body is responding well to 250mg/week of test for example, then there is no reason to jump to 500 or 750. Everyone responds differently. With that being said, once you have been cycling for a while, you may need to run higher doses to get the desired response from your body.

I know a lot of guys in my gym who ask the bigger guys what they are running, and they tell them. Meanwhile, what they dont take into consideration is that they may have been cycling for 10 years by now. Their cycle is gonna be way different than the cycle for someone new to the anabolics game.

Always start low and see how you react first before upping the dose, just because a certain amount seems to be the norm with others users. Their body is not your body.

Also, low dose cycles can be very effective for moderately steady gains while keeping sides to a minimum

graeme87 is offline Member
    I use high dose cycle for bulking but low dose cycle for cutting. The reason for this is I am not interested in gaining muscle during a cutting cycle only maintaining what I have so I do not need to be in a highly anabolic state.

DesiBoy is offline Associate Member
    IMO that everyone should start from a low dosages specially the first cycle. I started with really low dosages and it worked for me. The problem with taking test prop twice a week is cause you will form some unstable blood levels which can lead you to some side effects. Of course everyone is different I know a guy that does low cycles up to 500mg/week and has never ever done PCT who competes for 3 years and improves his physique with no side effects.

Thread Information