SuperLift is offline Senior Member

steroid testing?

Does anyone know if Fire Departments test for steroids ?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    very doubtful since military dosnt
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

J0k3R is offline Associate Member
    I don't think they specifically test for it, but I've heard they give you a lie detector test and one of the questions is like have you taken steroids in this amount of time period.. or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by J0k3R View Post
    I don't think they specifically test for it, but I've heard they give you a lie detector test and one of the questions is like have you taken steroids in this amount of time period.. or something like that.
    That is true, I have been through that. I am curious if they physically test for it. Wouldn't make since if they did... Would you rather have a 160lb little guy comin to rescue you or a 260lb powerlifter comin to rescue you?

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    any employment agency that has mass hiring procedures does not test for steroids cause it is way to expensive. now if you get into the academy and you exhibit signs of use you may be randomly tested!

SoCoSpartan is offline Junior Member
    It also depends which fire dept you go to. Every single fire dept and police dept is like a totally different business. I'm going to the academy and my buddy who is the one who got me started has been a officer for 3 years and hes 5'9 at like 230. All depends on your department IMO.

J0k3R is offline Associate Member
    Well just look at ronnie coleman... you can't tell me his fellow officers didn't know he was on steroids . Hell, his legs got so big It looked like he was just wearing underwear when he put on his police shorts.

But most places I bet will test you if you've been hired and suspect use.

MR_T is offline Member
    I volunteered a while back and it was painfully obvious every firefighter juiced. The smallest guy was like 210 and 5'6 all muscle. gotta give them props though all they do is sit around working out and eating right waiting for the call

g0dsend is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_T View Post
    I volunteered a while back and it was painfully obvious every firefighter juiced. The smallest guy was like 210 and 5'6 all muscle. gotta give them props though all they do is sit around working out and eating right waiting for the call
    Not the fire department in my city, everyone their is fat or skinny lol.

lol. Well the department Im going for I know for a fact atleast 1-2 people juice. But Im just not sure if they test upon employment. I really wouldnt think that they would. I dont think that they can just test one person and not the others. Doesnt make sense. Either way, I guess ill be taking the drug screen in about 3 weeks. Might as well wait it out just to be safe. Its hard when you just get your gear tho! lol

Thread Information