Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    You can take all the stuff in the world, but if you jerk of with your diet, don't bother. You should be pounding chicken and lean meat in your mouth like there's no tomorrow. On a cycle, your meals should increase by a large margin.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i like slin pwo for getting big....everyone is of coarse right about diet...diet is king

normski is offline New Member

how often

Quote Originally Posted by mkrulic View Post
    have you read this. dont try eating bigger. try more often. go w/ small meals and try to eat every two hours.

Sorry to say but with me, 1 bloody Sandwich and I blow up like a balloon! Inflamed stomach thing, so, even the normal food is a bit on hold, so it’s all gone a bit balloon shaped for me at this time (oppps). I will carry on training, but, regards nutrition, and gear, it’s a bit up in air at the moment. But at least I can keep active, and keep the muscles working or ticking over until I get these other issues out the way!

So, bang goes my diet, as such! Everything is on stop at this time, until I can get this thing under control. All I can do, is go to the jim and just keep things sort of ticking over, keep the body machine working until this is sorted.
    Last edited by normski; 08-07-2008 at 12:25 AM.

DFubar is offline New Member
    have you read this. dont try eating bigger. try more often. go w/ small meals and try to eat every two hours.
    I'm still trying to figure things out diet-wise. But the frequency of my meals won't make me gain, just the upping of calories will. I have done the eat every two hours thing for over a month, and it was very uncomfortable.

Maybe I should get on depressants to slow down my metabolism, heh, that might help speed the weight gain along (even if I have to work on toning up later.)

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFubar View Post
    I'm still trying to figure things out diet-wise. But the frequency of my meals won't make me gain, just the upping of calories will. I have done the eat every two hours thing for over a month, and it was very uncomfortable.

Maybe I should get on depressants to slow down my metabolism, heh, that might help speed the weight gain along (even if I have to work on toning up later.)
    depends what you want to gain. if you want to get fat then yes do what you are suggesting. if you want lean gains then dont give your body larger portions than it can handle.

I would suggest 2800 cals w/ a 40/40/20 split
    2800 * .4 = 1120 cals from protien and carbs
    1120/4 = 280 grams from protien and carbs
    1120*.2 = 560 cals from fat
    560/9 = 62grams

w/ 6 meals your looking at 47 grams of protien and carbs. this isnt that big of a meal

depends what you want to gain. if you want to get fat then yes do what you are suggesting. if you want lean gains then dont give your body larger portions than it can handle.
    Well, unless I up the calories (I mean per day, not per meal) I won't gain anything, right?

Well, unless I up the calories (I mean per day, not per meal) I won't gain anything, right?
    read all of this. your body does not like taking in its nutrition needs for a 24 hour period in 3 meals. if you want to be fat do what you are suggesting. if you want lean gains do what I am suggesting

read all of this. your body does not like taking in its nutrition needs for a 24 hour period in 3 meals. if you want to be fat do what you are suggesting. if you want lean gains do what I am suggesting
    dude, I get what you're saying. read all of what I am typing as well. Unless I UP the calories of my current diet (again per day, keeping the same calories per meal with the "frequent meals" scenario) I won't gain anything. I have done the frequent every two hours thing, still caused gastrointestinal complications. I need some way to circumvent my gastro issues before anything works. I agree the frequent meals are the best way to gain muscle instead of fat, but that is not the problem I am stating. I can't gain ANYTHING b/c of gastro issues, b/c I can't eat enough throughout the day. I hope I have cleared up what I was trying to say.

dude, I get what you're saying. read all of what I am typing as well. Unless I UP the calories of my current diet (again per day, keeping the same calories per meal with the "frequent meals" scenario) I won't gain anything. I have done the frequent every two hours thing, still caused gastrointestinal complications. I need some way to circumvent my gastro issues before anything works. I agree the frequent meals are the best way to gain muscle instead of fat, but that is not the problem I am stating. I can't gain ANYTHING b/c of gastro issues, b/c I can't eat enough throughout the day. I hope I have cleared up what I was trying to say.
    I dont know what to suggest. how many meals a day can you do and give me a %'tage break down of the nutrients

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    Yes if your not gaining weight you need to up your daily caloric intake in order to gain weight.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you have three choices:

1) Eat 400-500 CLEAN calories every 2 hours
    2) Go to the doctor and get your health issues fixed first
    3) Embrace skinny and start cycling all the time. . .

YOu are talking about slowing your metabolism, simple fact is, if it was so fast, eating every two hours would not be a problem. You don't have to shove food in until you pop, but eat eat eat. Increasing your metabolism is NOT a bad thing. If you are getting SOLID workouts, eating GOOD food and your metabolism is through the roof, you should be hungry all the time. High metabolism is simply a sign your body is processing food. If it is processing it, and you are eating it, and it is good food and you are working out to muscle failure, then it is building. If you work out to failure, your muscles are destroyed. You body will then repair itself. If it has the RIGHT nutrients, you will gain. Pretty simple.

No matter how many excuses you have, no matter how many times you ask, no matter anything. . .you will not change basic biology bro. If you are having that many issues, I would refer to Mike's post. . .to to the gastro. . .er. . .doctor.

Stop making excuses. Stop looking for the magic "pill" to cure your issues. There is NO easy way to big. You will probablly never look like Big Max's avatar, you wont even get clost to PowerLifter mike's. But you definately could put on some mass to be proud of.

Steroids DO NOT MAKE YOU BIG. FOOD makes you big. You can take 1500 mg of test a day, 100mg of dbol an hour. . . .whatever. . .if you don't have food, you will still not put on anything. You would just be running around with a chubby all the time. lol.

But seriously, steroids help your body repair and build, but not in without the presence of nutrition. I would personally not even give you advise or guidance until you get the food in and show at least a 15-20lb gain naturally.

Not trying to be harsh, but you have gotten all these posts and we are all telling you the same thing. One would think you would get it by now. Now one with any real experience and knowledge is going to tell you to shoot up some test, pop some Var, work out and go to bed and watch the gains. If anyone tells you that bro, come back here and get the RIGHT advice, because they have no clue and will get you hurt.

Don't listen to your local gym steroid dealer, the only thing he cares about is your money.

Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy View Post
    Sounds like you have three choices:

1) Eat 400-500 CLEAN calories every 2 hours
    2) Go to the doctor and get your health issues fixed first
    3) Embrace skinny and start cycling all the time. . .

YOu are talking about slowing your metabolism, simple fact is, if it was so fast, eating every two hours would not be a problem. You don't have to shove food in until you pop, but eat eat eat. Increasing your metabolism is NOT a bad thing. If you are getting SOLID workouts, eating GOOD food and your metabolism is through the roof, you should be hungry all the time. High metabolism is simply a sign your body is processing food. If it is processing it, and you are eating it, and it is good food and you are working out to muscle failure, then it is building. If you work out to failure, your muscles are destroyed. You body will then repair itself. If it has the RIGHT nutrients, you will gain. Pretty simple.

No matter how many excuses you have, no matter how many times you ask, no matter anything. . .you will not change basic biology bro. If you are having that many issues, I would refer to Mike's post. . .to to the gastro. . .er. . .doctor.

Stop making excuses. Stop looking for the magic "pill" to cure your issues. There is NO easy way to big. You will probablly never look like Big Max's avatar, you wont even get clost to PowerLifter mike's. But you definately could put on some mass to be proud of.

Steroids DO NOT MAKE YOU BIG. FOOD makes you big. You can take 1500 mg of test a day, 100mg of dbol an hour. . . .whatever. . .if you don't have food, you will still not put on anything. You would just be running around with a chubby all the time. lol.

But seriously, steroids help your body repair and build, but not in without the presence of nutrition. I would personally not even give you advise or guidance until you get the food in and show at least a 15-20lb gain naturally.

Not trying to be harsh, but you have gotten all these posts and we are all telling you the same thing. One would think you would get it by now. Now one with any real experience and knowledge is going to tell you to shoot up some test, pop some Var, work out and go to bed and watch the gains. If anyone tells you that bro, come back here and get the RIGHT advice, because they have no clue and will get you hurt.

Don't listen to your local gym steroid dealer, the only thing he cares about is your money.
    I keep going to retarded doctors, and they don't do anything. I'll find a way to achieve what I want, thanks for the advice tho.

And as far as "I'll never come close to..." quite possibe I won't, but most are only stunted by their individual levels of determination.

zimabolin is offline New Member

eat the meat

Just joined this site to post this. You need to see a doctor if yours wont do anything see a different one. other than that take antacids get meat blend it then drink it, it not hard my friend.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by zimabolin View Post
    Just joined this site to post this. You need to see a doctor if yours wont do anything see a different one. other than that take antacids get meat blend it then drink it, it not hard my friend.
    you just joined to respond to a 2 year old thread when the original poster hasn't even been here in a year and a half?
    alrighty then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information