Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    yuma1986 is offline New Member

why reply if you dont want to help?

whats the sense in responding just to leave an answer that was neither helpful or constructive? my only question was if the stuff off of buysteroids.com is actual steroids or steroid alternatives . yes, my response may have been sarcastic but the response from a moderator of the site was that of someone who seems annoyed to help others. the point of being a mod of a forum is to help and share knowledge. isnt that why we are all here in the first place? this may lead to more bs from people but i figured i would throw this out there. there was no harm meant by my thread, i was merly asking for help. im new to this site obviously, but we have to start somewhere.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yuma1986 View Post
    whats the sense in responding just to leave an answer that was neither helpful or constructive? my only question was if the stuff off of buysteroids.com is actual steroids or steroid alternatives. yes, my response may have been sarcastic but the response from a moderator of the site was that of someone who seems annoyed to help others. the point of being a mod of a forum is to help and share knowledge. isnt that why we are all here in the first place? this may lead to more bs from people but i figured i would throw this out there. there was no harm meant by my thread, i was merly asking for help. im new to this site obviously, but we have to start somewhere.
    It is a common question that is asked daily. As the months pass, people get annoyed. You would to. A simple search and you would have got your answer.

Ill answer it now while I can before this might get closed.

im looking into ordering some anavar and was wondering if anyone here has any experience ordering from them as well as potency and consistency. im assuming they are legit if they are a sponsor here. just fgured id ask before i dummped the cash, you know?
    If you look closely at the labels, they say dietary supplement. When something says dietary supplement that pretty much gives them free reign on what they want to call it. As long as they dont claim on the label what it will do for you, they are clear to say whatever. Its a way to circumvent FDA rules and regulations.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    whats the sense in responding just to leave an answer that was neither helpful or constructive? my only question was if the stuff off of buysteroids.com is actual steroids or steroid alternatives. yes, my response may have been sarcastic but the response from a moderator of the site was that of someone who seems annoyed to help others. the point of being a mod of a forum is to help and share knowledge. isnt that why we are all here in the first place? this may lead to more bs from people but i figured i would throw this out there. there was no harm meant by my thread, i was merly asking for help. im new to this site obviously, but we have to start somewhere.
    Look, the problem they had was the flaming. Calling Big a ****, moderator or not, they do not tolerate that. You are going to get some "smart" responses on here from some members, just don't take it so to heart.

It should just be left alone, just be more careful

3v1lj03 is offline Junior Member
    They are all herbal supps

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    In before the lock...

thats all i wanted to know. and yeah i feel kinda bad cuz i searched after i got that thread locked and ther was a lot of stuff about this same question so i apologize.

so, BIG i apologize for my shitty response to your not so wonderful response lol. point taken

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ibtl proprietary blend

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Wanted to throw my 2 cents ibtl.

After seeing your stats, you really shouldn't be thinking about aas. Your profile says 22, 6'2", and 135 lbs. You really need to work on your diet and training ruitine, and build up a proper base before starting a cycle.

Here is a great thread with diet info for hard-gainers.
    Hardgainer? Can't gain weight? READ THIS!!!

Banelord is offline Associate Member
    holy u are 6'2 and 135 lbs? ya there no need to be on the juice, when I was 20 this was many moon ago I was 120 lbs. Then I learn to eat a lot of food. Then work out hard.
    Now I can say I in great shape at 5'4 and 154 lbs. I just started juice recently and have not done more then 2 cycles.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    For sure about not taking AAS bro. I can remember being 135lbs in like 7th grade and I'm a 6'4" skinny guy, have been since 7th grade. No anabolic help until this past year. Went from 185lbs to 230lbs in a year and a half with no AAS assistance. It can be done, just work on that diet.

P.S. This is constructive criticism so dont curse at me lol.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    For sure about not taking AAS bro. I can remember being 135lbs in like 7th grade and I'm a 6'4" skinny guy, have been since 7th grade. No anabolic help until this past year. Went from 185lbs to 230lbs in a year and a half with no AAS assistance. It can be done, just work on that diet.

P.S. This is constructive criticism so dont curse at me lol.
    agreed. people forget how important a solid diet/training program is

Also, dont waste your money on that stuff. Wait for awhile till you gain some solid weight natty then find u a good source. Best of luck

^^ True. People think steroids will make them blow up while eating McDonalds and pizza every day. Sigh... If you're serious enough about your body to jump to the dark side, you're serious enough to eat properly.

i dont wanna gain a lot of mass, just help me get stronger quicker. I dont wanna gain much weight at all. i know with more muscle comes more weight, but i wanna try and stick to about where im at now. i think i will see what kind of results i get and how fast i get them now that i am going to be training every day and then go from there.

and no hard feelings about any of the answers lol. i know im abnormally skinny and that aas is not the answer. like i said, i am in no way looking to get "big". thats why i was lookin at anavar . i wanted something mild to just give me a little boost at about 20-30mg/day. until that time, its lots and lots of push ups lol

oh and as far as eating goes, sometimes i am not the healthiest, but i havent eaten fast food in months, and i will no longer drink anything but water. i take my camelback everywhere. i have it beside me right now lol. i must be doin something right though.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    i dont wanna gain a lot of mass, just help me get stronger quicker. I dont wanna gain much weight at all. i know with more muscle comes more weight, but i wanna try and stick to about where im at now. i think i will see what kind of results i get and how fast i get them now that i am going to be training every day and then go from there.

and no hard feelings about any of the answers lol. i know im abnormally skinny and that aas is not the answer. like i said, i am in no way looking to get "big". thats why i was lookin at anavar. i wanted something mild to just give me a little boost at about 20-30mg/day. until that time, its lots and lots of push ups lol
    Well let me ask this, you say you eat healthy but healthy is not going to get you big. We are not asking how healthy you eat, we are asking how much of this healthy food you eat. In order to gain size, strength, etc... you need to adjust and increase your diet...

So my question to you, do you eat like this?

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut View Post
    The Bulking Primer
    By LeanMeOut & rambo @anabolicreview.com

Well since the old “How to Bulk” thread was erased with the server issues, we have decided to create this post with the details of how to gain lean mass with minimal fat gain.

First things first:
    There are many reasons that bulking diets fail but here are a few of the most common reasons:
    1) Calories are not high enough and putting on muscle mass fails
    2) Calories are too high and macros percentages are not in check. This in turn leads to putting on sloppy weight (fat) as well as muscle.
    3) You are BULKING, not CHEATING. Cheat days will be factored in, but your food choices should still be healthy. All diets, whether cutting or buking, need to be monitored. This means that watching your insulin spikes and TYPE of carb intake is still important.
    4) You are what you eat. It’s just that simple. To simplify, you eat crap and you will look like crap.

That being said let’s talk calories and figuring out daily needs

Harris Benedict Formula for Calorie Calculations
    “The Harris Benedict equation is a calorie formula using the variables of height, weight, age, and gender to calculate basal metabolic rate (BMR). This is more accurate than calculating calorie needs based on total body weight alone. The only factor it omits is lean body mass and thus the ratio of muscle-to-fat a body has. Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (Harris-Benedict will under-estimate calorie needs) and the very fat (Harris-Benedict will over-estimate calorie needs).”

That being said, there are is no concrete number of daily calorie intake your body needs, however using this formula will give you can idea of what you do need.

Harris Benedict Formula for Men
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kilos) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Notes:
    1 inch = 2.54 cm.
    1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

Example of BMR
    You are 25 years old
    You are 6 feet tall
    Your weight is 220 pounds
    Your BMR is 66 + (1370) + (914) - (170) = 2180 calories

Harris Benedict Formula for Men - STEP 2
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, now multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are Sedentary - little or no exercise
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.2
    - If you are Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.375
    - If you are Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.55
    - If you are Very Active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.725
    - If you are Extra Active (very hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.9

Total Calorie Needs Example
    If you are lightly active, multiply your BMR (2180) by 1.375 = 2997
    Your total daily calorie requirement is therefore 2997 calories.
    This is the total number of calories you need in order to MAINTAIN your current weight.

If you want to gain body weight, you must consume more calories than you burn. One pound of body weight is roughly equivalent to 3500 calories, so eating an extra 500 calories per day will cause you to gain one pound a week. Etc….

We have included an excel document created by Elliot @ AR that will calculate your calorie needs for you, using the Harris Benedict formula.

Elliot's Harris Benedict Calculator for Males:
    http://www.geocities.com/arelliotness/
    Download the document named: harris-elliot.xls

Alright so now we know that you need extra calories to gain weight. So what should these calories be comprised of?? Well before we go there, let’s talk diet basics.

The BASICS-
    1. Postworkout Nutrition- I’m a firm believer that PWO nutrition is hands down the most important aspect of dieting. It is within the 15 minutes after a workout that your body is in dire need of nutrients. It is a completely anabolic state, and what you take in can be optimized to ensure maximum results. A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

2. Carbs- carbohydrates are a very helpful macronutrient when you are trying to gain lean mass. However, carbohydrates are only useful if they are used at the correct times. In my opionion carbohydrates are only necessary for 3 meals of the day. These meals include breakfast, your PWO Shake, and your PPWO Meal. Your breakfast and PPWO meals should be comprised of slow burning complex carbs that are low on the glycemic chart. Some good examples of low glycemic carbs are brown rice, yams, and oatmeal. Others may include whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta.

3. Protein- Just like when you are cutting, you need plenty of protein. For bulking, a good rule of thumb is 2-3g of protein per pound of lean bodyweight. You should take in a good portion of your protein in the source of real meals, avoid intaking too many shakes, as real food comes to a better benefit. The list foods with high protein bioavailability is extensive, and I will only cover a few, (Egg whites, Lean steak, Chicken breast, the list goes on forever….).

4. Fats- EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids) are extremely important in any diet. The list of benefits from taking in dietary fats I extensive and I am not even going to get started on it. I will just say that a diet which includes EFA’s will yield much better results. Good sources of fat are ( Flax Oil, Nuts, Salmon, Olive Oil). EFA

5. The separation of Carbs and Fats- This is a hotly debated issue, but again, in my opinion, an important aspect nonetheless. Remember that it is often when you eat items and with what you eat them that is more important than what you are eating. A mouthful, I know, but stay with me. Remember that when you take in certain carbs, you can spike your insulin levels. If you are taking in fats when your insulin has been spiked, you are allowing the basic laws of physiology to act out, and you allow for a higher propensity for fat storage. Separation is key. The sample diet will give a good example of how to separate them.

6. Supplements-

Glutamine: Helps prevent catabolism. Best used in dosages of 10grams daily, 5 grams before cardio, 5 grams at another interval, but not after workout as it fights for absorption with the glutamine peptides in whey.

ALA/R-ALA- Gets my supplement of the day award. R-ALA is effective in lowering the spike of insulin when certain carbs are consumed. I could give you a dissertation on the stereoentisomeric properties of the R, but all you need to know is that it has been found to shuttle carbohydrates away from adipose and into myocytes. Translation: Away from fat cells, into muscle cells. It’s a supplement, however, not a miracle worker. It’s not a crutch, and won’t do anything about fat intake. ALA and R-ALA can also aid in the expedition of the ketogenic state. Remember that if you buy R-ALA that you supplement it with Biotin. Glucorell-R is prepackaged with it. If you can afford it, go for it. As far as dosage, with the R, you are looking at 1-2 pills of Glucorell R for each 30-40grams of carb intake.

Protein and Carb Shakes: I’m not going to cover protein, because even if you can’t afford it, you should sell a kidney to get some. Carb drinks are rather convenient, and companies offer pre mixed dosages, (CarboHit, Glycoload, UltraFuel). Dextrose and Maltodextrin can be bought from most supplement stores or online.

Creatine: Unlike while cutting, creatine can be used while bulking since the water retention from its use will not be an issue since you are “bulking”. In the body, creatine is synthesized from the amino acids glycine, arginine and methionine. Taking supplemental doses of creatine monohydrate can increase muscle creatine and phosphocreatine (PC) concentrations by up to 40%. These increases can lead to improvements in muscle energy production and recuperation.

www.allsportsnutition.com
    www.*************.com

7. Cheating- Cheating is essential. Why? Remember, the body runs on homeostasis, it likes to keep balance. After eating so well after a week, your body begins to adjust, and lean mass gain / fat burning over time will not be as rapid. The other extremely important aspect is mental sanity. So many diets crash and fail because people don’t give themselves a chance to breath. Remember, cheating is not an opportunity for you to pillage the entire mall food court. Shoot for a cheat meal, not an all out binge. A fast food value meal can be 2,000 calories. Eat that 3 times on one day, and you’ve consumed 6,000 calories. And that’s not good in any case.

8. Cardio - D*mn right cardio!! Yes even when bulking. Why? Because cardio works the most important muscle of all – YOUR HEART. Not only that, but doing cardio 3 times a week will help keep the fat you will gain in this diet to a minimum. Cardio should be performed on an empty stomach first thing in the am. The proper cardio for burning fat is done by staying in your target heart rate for fat burning which is 65-70% of your max heart rate for a period of 45-60 minutes. To figure this out you can use the following formula:

(220 – your age) * .65
    (220 – your age) * .7

Example for a 22 year old:

(220 – 22) * .65 = 128.7
    (220 – 22) * .7 = 138.6

From this we can conclude that for a 22 year old target heart rate for fat burning should be between 129 and 138 beats per minute for 45-60 minutes.

Why 45-60 minutes?? Because fat burning (lipolysis) doesn’t typically kick in until the 20 minute mark, so only doing 30 minutes of cardio yields 10 minutes of fat burning. You get the point.

**Cardio Disclaimer: Some people have a harder time gaining weight than others, and doing cardio might not be the best idea for these people. For others who wish to use the fat burning abilities of cardio but still gain size, 30-35 minutes of cardio 1-3 times a week may be a better choice. Remember it is your body and only you know what works for you.

Now The Sample Diet:
    Note: This is a sample diet for our 26 year old, 6ft tall, 220 pound gentleman mentioned in the example above for figuring out calorie needs. This diet will NOT work for you if those criteria don’t apply to you; however it is easy to customize the below diet to take in account your own statistics. It is the principles that are applicable.. I am not going to post the total amount of calories, only the carb, protein and fat macros for the whole day.

Based on the Harris Benedict formula above, our friend here needs 2997 calories a day to maintain his current weight. So in order for him to gain 1 pound a week, we need to increase his calories to right around 3500 a day since that will yield 3500 calories over his maintenance numbers needed for the week.

Meal 1: Pro/Carb

8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat

Lean Ground Beef, ¼ cup swiss cheese, green veggies

55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb

Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice

55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
    **Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies

60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

Workout

Meal 5: PWO Nutrition

2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose

40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

Meal 6: PPWO

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)

50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat

Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
    50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed

3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil

60g protein / 3g carbs / 21g Fat

That turns into approximately 420 grams protein, 250 grams Carbs, and 83 grams of fat. This is roughly 3500 calories

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It’s not mean to be comprehensive. Everyone is different, to find out what works for your body takes trial and error.

Here comes the fun part: Question and Answer….

Q: What about dairy?
    A: This is totally dependant upon your goals. If you don’t mind the bloat from milk then go for it. Skim milk is a better choice as far as mixing fats and carbs go. Remember you are bulking so you have more freedom in your dietary choices.

Q: How often should I eat?
    A: You’ll have to do the math to see how often you will have to eat to get your 7-8 meals a day in. If your up for 16 hours a day, then every 2 hours is how often you need to eat.

Q: Is sodium an issue?
    A: Outside of the bloating issue, or if you have high cholesterol, no.

Q. How do I make my meals not taste like cardboard?
    A. Be creative. Mix in some sugar free jam or splenda in your oats, some hot sauce or soy sauce on your meats, or pick up some sugar free ketchup.

Q. I don’t like old fashioned oats. Can I eat the pre mixed oats with fruit?
    A. No. Be a man. Those mixes have ridiculous amounts of sugar.

Q. What about fruit?
    A: Go for it, like with dairy you are BULKING. You have more freedom in your dietary choices.

Q: What are some good sources of Lean Protein?
    A: Eggs, Fish, Chicken, Steak, Ground Beef, Whey Protein, Turkey….. the list goes on forever. Do a search and look through other people’s diets for ideas on protein

Q: What are some good sources of complex carbohydrates?
    A: Rice, Pasta, Whole Wheat Bread, Yams, Oatmeal…. Same as above

As a final note we would like to thank SwoleCat and the rest of the diet forum participants for their help and influence on this post.

And we will end this sticky with a quote:

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

LMO & Rambo

--------------------------------

Sources:

http://www.weight-loss-i.com/calorie...s-benedict.htm
    And you are 6'2" and 135lbs and you are happy where your at? Im not flaming you in any way shape or form, im just curious as what your real goals are and wondering if you want to stay at 135lbs or put on some nice lbm and gain some weight.

to anyone that could at least see where im coming from, thank you. it just sucked having my first post ridiculed within seconds lol. ok, im done apologizing, lets move on.

im comfortable where im at because ive been here for quite some time. the only weight i wanna put on would be muscle. for the most part, i only do fight specific workouts. lots of push ups, crunches, mitt work and LOTS of drills to improve stamina. i dont want a lot of bulk slowing me down. at my size/weight i have a nice reach advantage over damn near anyone in my weight class. i havent done anything to keep from gaining weight cuz that would be dumb, but the way i eat i only seem to get leaner. which, in all accounts is fine by me as long as im gaining a bit of muscle mass as well.

i know this doesnt make sense to many of you. i expected this reaction when talking to a bunch of people who are trying to get big. im not trying to get big, just stronger for the sake of my jiu jitsu. in stand up, speed is just as deadly as power. no worries there. i say boo to the ground game anyway not that i dont respect it, but no one wants to see guys rolling around with each other for 3 five minute rounds. stand up and throw some damn it

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    to anyone that could at least see where im coming from, thank you. it just sucked having my first post ridiculed within seconds lol. ok, im done apologizing, lets move on.

im comfortable where im at because ive been here for quite some time. the only weight i wanna put on would be muscle. for the most part, i only do fight specific workouts. lots of push ups, crunches, mitt work and LOTS of drills to improve stamina. i dont want a lot of bulk slowing me down. at my size/weight i have a nice reach advantage over damn near anyone in my weight class. i havent done anything to keep from gaining weight cuz that would be dumb, but the way i eat i only seem to get leaner. which, in all accounts is fine by me as long as im gaining a bit of muscle mass as well.

i know this doesnt make sense to many of you. i expected this reaction when talking to a bunch of people who are trying to get big. im not trying to get big, just stronger for the sake of my jiu jitsu. in stand up, speed is just as deadly as power. no worries there. i say boo to the ground game anyway not that i dont respect it, but no one wants to see guys rolling around with each other for 3 five minute rounds. stand up and throw some damn it
    your practicing jiu-jitsu and you dont respect "the ground game"? ummm, ok
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfew44 View Post
    ^^ true. People think steroids will make them blow up while eating mcdonalds and pizza every day. Sigh... If you're serious enough about your body to jump to the dark side, you're serious enough to eat properly.
    ....x 2

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    ok, first, you're 6'2" and 135lbs and you want to take something to help you? it's called food. this shows you did no research before you posted.

second, you asked a question that gets asked literally every day, which shows you did no research before posting, that's why we have a search feature.

third, my response was simply stating that the question you asked gets asked all the time, hoping you would take the hint and use the search button in which you would find more responses in 5 minutes than your thread would yield in days.

lastly, you called me a DICK just because I stated that you posted a question that gets asked all the time.

after further consideration I decided to re-open this thread, I would be interested to see what other members feel about this.
    In after the lock lol.

the slim is offline Junior Member
    guys like big and others can and will help you out tremendously, although i can relate about asking a very basic question that i think should be expected by a beginner,
    there are some that cant wait to jump in on a biginner and make them look stupid for even asking, i dont agree with that.
    there has to be a happy medium for when a beginner ask a common question as to not be flamed so bad , a BEGINNER will 9 times out of 10 ask a question that has been ask over and over,part of being a BEGINNER .

in saying that , i spend most of my time now researching but i still will ask a silly question at times i'm sure , either i dont understand my research or i just want to hear others opinions on things , isn't that what a forum is , if everyone researched everything - then there would be no need for a forum.

i might not like some of the replys i have gotten but the guys on this forum can and will help if the question is ask right .-------the slim

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    we are leaving this open unless it gets out of hand.... Big was well within the rules in what he posted to you... and your response was to be rude to him.... please do not allow it to happen again if you want to stay here...

Thank you
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

facile is offline Member
    Responsible use of AAS is what 99% promote here. AAS are not a short cut to strength and size, they certainly assist but only if you have the dedication to eat, train and rest as you should.

At 135 lbs you need to work on the basics eating right, training right and resting.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but sometimes the truth is the hardest to accept.

Good luck, don't be discouraged.

leamanoid is offline Associate Member
    Big has been helping me out for over 6 weeks now and to my personal opinion has more knowledge than anyone I have got feedback from. He is straight to the facts with everything he gives and that takes alot of his own time.

He has been the only one not to give up on my endless and extremly novice questions so dealing with him will give you nothing but a great understanding and correct form.

Thanks again for everything big!

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    My humble opinion

is that having new members asking "been there, done that" questions is just a fact of board life. Rather than chase them all away or create additional resentment, things must be done to reduce the problem with that fact in mind.

I would suggest, that when someone registers, prior to checking a box or agreeing to having "read the rules"--people often skip those because they are assumed to contain legal drivel and tend to be long-winded--list in BIG BOLD COLORFUL words a condensed version of FOUR (or so) most MAJOR rules so that they cannot be missed when registering.

"I AGREE NOT TO:
    (1) ask for or mention any source or price
    (2) post rudely to any other member
    and one or two more

FAILURE to follow these and other rules may result in suspension or permanent ban from this site."

If some new guy posts a played question, rather than berating them, best to post a link to the appropriate sticky thread, and otherwise just IGNORE the request for information.

HMMM? what say?

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    My humble opinion

is that having new members asking "been there, done that" questions is just a fact of board life. Rather than chase them all away or create additional resentment, things must be done to reduce the problem with that fact in mind.

I would suggest, that when someone registers, prior to checking a box or agreeing to having "read the rules"--people often skip those because they are assumed to contain legal drivel and tend to be long-winded--list in BIG BOLD COLORFUL words a condensed version of FOUR (or so) most MAJOR rules so that they cannot be missed when registering.

"I AGREE NOT TO:
    (1) ask for or mention any source or price
    (2) post rudely to any other member
    and one or two more

FAILURE to follow these and other rules may result in suspension or permanent ban from this site."

If some new guy posts a played question, rather than berating them, best to post a link to the appropriate sticky thread, and otherwise just IGNORE the request for information.

HMMM? what say?
    I agree, but my response was ''well that hasn't been asked in the last thirty minutes''. Sarcastic I know, but far from what I would consider berating him. I know I didn't give a direct answer, but my response was in fun and not meant to cause offense. I think people forget some times that it is hard to convey via text the emotion behind a statement.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i can look at this from both sides and understand both points here. i have done the same as big has many times over and maybe i shouldnt but you have to look at it from our point of view. we answer the same questions over and over again day in and day out on the forum as well as the many pm's we get daily and it does get frustrating after time. big was sarcastic not rude or disrespectful. there are alot of morons that wouldnt of been as nice as him.

obviously a statement writen in a forum dosnt allow you to hear someones voice and know there being sarcastic but asure you that was the case here. you need to develop a slight sense of humor if you expect to make it here because most of us joke around from time to time.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Big
    from the looks of your avatar your body fat looks incredibly low, which leads me to believe your muscle density is high. that being considered it may be a challenge for you to increase your strength without adding muscle mass which will obviously bump your weight. how much could you add and stay in the class you want to be in?

Thread Information