bombguy is offline Associate Member

Bad injection....have question

I did a mid-quad injection of test cyp as part of my TRT protocol. For some reason or another I forgot to aspirate , which resulted in a bit of bleeding shortly after taking the needle out. 2 days later, my thigh hurts like a b*tch and I have mild swelling and a bruise at the injection site. It's not red and inflamed...just looks and feels like a deep swell and feels like a deep muscle bruise. Should I be concerned? I can walk normally and it only hurts as a deep bruise would.

DS21 is offline Member
    No need to be worried, bleeding happens quite often for me. The bruise was most likely caused by movement of the needle, it will go away in a few days.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bombguy View Post
    I did a mid-quad injection of test cyp as part of my TRT protocol. For some reason or another I forgot to aspirate, which resulted in a bit of bleeding shortly after taking the needle out. 2 days later, my thigh hurts like a b*tch and I have mild swelling and a bruise at the injection site. It's not red and inflamed...just looks and feels like a deep swell and feels like a deep muscle bruise. Should I be concerned? I can walk normally and it only hurts as a deep bruise would.
    It doesn't sound serious to me.

Were you flexing the muscle as you were injecting? I've found that if I am not completely relaxed and the muscle is not contracting at all that I get some residual pain and soreness from injections.

Your problems didn't come from forgetting to aspirate , but rather any movement that could have caused some internal tearing from the pin itself.

Remember to aspirate and be very methodical next time!

Good luck

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Bro just make sure it doesnt get red and hot to the touch...if that happens you'll need antibiotics immediately.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't worry, prosthetics have come on a long way since the original wooden leg.

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    Don't worry, prosthetics have come on a long way since the original wooden leg.

Haha! Thanks gents

If I nicked a vein, would that cause a little bit of internal bleeding and if a "pocket" of blood resulted would it eventually disperse into my body?

CAMboy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bombguy View Post
    I did a mid-quad injection of test cyp as part of my TRT protocol. For some reason or another I forgot to aspirate, which resulted in a bit of bleeding shortly after taking the needle out. 2 days later, my thigh hurts like a b*tch and I have mild swelling and a bruise at the injection site. It's not red and inflamed...just looks and feels like a deep swell and feels like a deep muscle bruise. Should I be concerned? I can walk normally and it only hurts as a deep bruise would.
    No need to worry bro. Do u have a fever?

Brian is offline Junior Member
    keep an eye on it, if it starts looking beefy red get some anti-b's asap..

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^^ agreed...

btw, best avatar ive seen yet!

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    You may have hit a nerve..quads have lots of them...I've done it...

Thread Information