the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

OTC blood pressure monitors

There are many types of bp monitors available in the shops, has anyone or does anyone use one?? is it accurate?? the guy in my pharm tells me they are useless, and hes selling them, anyone got any experience with them, I am interested in getting one to monitor bp on cycle

peace

anyone?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    are you talking about the digital monitors?

If it is a digital display BP monitor, we have them on our trucks at work. If used as directed that are accurate within 5mm/hg. This is what we have found in our studies in the field on real patients in real situations. What we did was take our readings when we where doing our primary accessments we would then compare them to the readings that the paramedics where getting when they arrived on scene moments later with a proper BP cuff and stethescope.

thats perfect, i know to ask for a larger cuff now, or get the wrist one, just a handy thing to have, thanks guys

peace

thegame01 is offline Member
    i am starting my cycle next wednesday and will get one for the start of it .i always have a perfect bp usually so it will be interesting to see .At what level should one stop his cycle?

thanks
    GZ

babi is offline Associate Member
    bump for the last comment.

Originally posted by thegame01
    i am starting my cycle next wednesday and will get one for the start of it .i always have a perfect bp usually so it will be interesting to see .At what level should one stop his cycle?

thanks
    GZ
    As you probably already know 120/80 is considered normal. I little above or below is fine as well. Keep an eye on your own BP everyone is slightly different. If you find yourself getting nose bleeds easily for example then you might want to keep a closer eye on things, this is due to high blood pressure, dizziness would by a symptom of low BP. I wouldn't say stop your cycle but you might want to consult a physcian if your BP remains high or low for an extended period of time.

For a ball park figure anything over 180/120 or 190/120 you get the point keep a close eye on. This is considered hypertensive, and is not good. Remember take your BP at rest. Don't talk well taking your BP and just relax. This will give you the best reading.
    Last edited by Shredz; 11-06-2002 at 02:11 PM.

yep you the man shredz.i stoped my fina cycle about a week ago and my b/p went from 170/90 to 155/75.how do you explain that the big number is elevated big time and the small number is normal or very close to normal.my heart beat was normal in all the readings as well.what do you think about my condition shredz?

I have seen this many times at calls. I don't know if you know what each # means..but the number on the left is reffered to as the systolic pressure which means your BP when your heart is pumping. The # on the right is diastolic pressure which means your BP when your heart is at rest. From what I see and in no way am I diagnosing your condition it appears that the fina or what ever your where taking was making your heart pump stronger. The slight increase in your diastolic pressure is most likely due to the increase volume of blood due to the AAS.

But again I am no Dr. just a fireman..so to get a definite answer you have to talk to a Dr.

hope that answers your question

thanx buddy.

anytime!

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jason, do you know any way to temporarily lower BP for a doc appointment? I don't want to explain what's going on to my doc out here, and if my BP comes out 151/90 he's gonna give me a really tough time. Last time I took tylenol because I had a headache, and my BP came out to 131/60 I think.

Any ideas?

I myself can lower my BP but just relaxing. I find that if I sit down and relax for about 5 mins taking deep breaths in through the nose out through the mouth sort of thing I can drop my BP substantially. Usually you have those few minutes to do this well they put you in the room to be next and your Dr. is with the other patient. I have gotten my BP as low as 102/58 just by relaxing.

Thread Information