Lattman is offline Associate Member

Training and relationships...

I'm in somewhat of a dilemma and was hoping for your opinions. I noticed that whenever I'm in a relationship, my training sucks, I basically rather go home to my g/f and watch a movie over a good supper. I loose motivation, the desire to better myself and so on. It's been roughly 6 months I broke up with my x and I realize I'm not ready to get involved with fear of giving up my training which plays a huge role in my life.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way and if there was a way of having best of both worlds...

Peace
    Lattman

joe_capone is offline Member
    yeah its rough lol. all that smooching/sex/ lovey dovey shit makes u tired.

joe_capone is offline Member
    yeah u can work it out.... try getting your girl into fitness and take her along to the gym with u....

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I think the newness of any relationship interrupts some of the big and important things in your life, simply because of the time you have to invest at the beginning and that "drunk on new love" feeling that literally makes everything else take a back seat. My worst semester in school was the semester I met my current g/f, and the same was true for her...however, if that pattern persists after that initial euphoric stage, then i'm guessing there is something else there that needs to be examined...what, i don't know.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen
    I think the newness of any relationship interrupts some of the big and important things in your life, simply because of the time you have to invest at the beginning and that "drunk on new love" feeling that literally makes everything else take a back seat. My worst semester in school was the semester I met my current g/f, and the same was true for her...however, if that pattern persists after that initial euphoric stage, then i'm guessing there is something else there that needs to be examined...what, i don't know.
    I agree here. It is proven that guys that are in a relationship have lower test levels than single guys for obvious reasons. I know what you mean, however, I try to stay focused and just workout earlier, that way I can spend more time with my honey

kreper69 is offline Associate Member

Re: Training and relationships...

Originally posted by Lattman
    It's been roughly 6 months I broke up with my x and I realize I'm not ready to get involved with fear of giving up my training which plays a huge role in my life.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way and if there was a way of having best of both worlds...

Peace
    Lattman
    i've never had this problem, but i know what it's like to just want to spend all your time with your woman.. you have to find a woman that shares the same interests. if you want the best of both worlds find a woman that likes to train in the gym,and better herself as well. spend quality time together in,and out of the gym..

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    ive been married for 16 years.......

believe me, its no trouble to get up and go to the gym.

peace bb79

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by barbells79
    ive been married for 16 years.......

peace bb79
    LMAO Barbells.. I think he meant "NEW" relationships.. ya know when a single guy first meets a girl and that ^&^%^%^ feeling takes over?

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    bb79, thanks for that great laugh Bro!

Lattman .. when a new girl comes along, you have to make sure she understands that you will always want your individual time. Time to be with yourself (and no I'm not talking about the time you take out to play with Mr. Wonka in the tub), let her know that training and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to you. As far as you wanting to get out of the gym earlier to be with her, try and go to the gym when she's busy say working .. then you'll have no excuse to leave since you can't go home to her. just a thought.

thegame01 is offline Member
    hey i am 31 and basically when i meet women i dont go through that lovey dovey feeling anymore.Whats the point .show her who you really are not some soap opera wannabe bo brady or some shit because then they expect you to be like that forever and well i am sure you know when the honeymoon period is over that crap all comes to an end.

She stops putting out and you stop opening doors for her, basically i beleive that is called Marriage lol

good luck bro and keep pumpin (weights that is)
    GZ

latman49 is offline Member
    My last girl wrecked my training and diet because we were having sex every spare moment of the day. She was a teacher and it was summer time so she was always at home. I'd get off work, go to her place, eat a hot pocket or something really quick, and then hop in the sack. That relationship didn't last long, though. We both realized that other than in bed, we didn't enjoy being around each other.

My next relationship will be a real one, hopefully, one where I don't have to have sex all the time to be with her.

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    I envy the single life, your choices are endless. You get to try everything on the menu. I always found that persuing a woman was more fulfilling than bedding her...

About your training life, who knows what kind of girl you will meet. Maybe she will encourage you and tell you how great you look all the time. I've never had any sort of long relationship before and now I'm in one, and it's great. She is a nurse....Perfect. Gives me my shots everyday, brings home supplies for me, and she is half ass interested in learning about things that are important to me. The bottom line is maybe you will end up in a situation that you never saw coming. Happy Hunting!

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by barbells79
    [B]ive been married for 16 years.......

Agree, Ive been with my wife 7yrs and married 1yr. I cant wait to hit the gym. Good thing though, my wife likes to hit the gym also. But we never workout together.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30

LMAO Barbells.. I think he meant "NEW" relationships.. ya know when a single guy first meets a girl and that ^&^%^%^ feeling takes over?
    This is very true. I have been in a serious relationship for over 9 months now, and I don't think it harms my training very much. My girl supports me and sometiems goes with me to the gym. Sometimes its annoying to have to show her how to use the machines in between my reps, and I hate to hear people whine when they are in the gym, so sometimes I get frustrated. Either way, I don't think it hurts your training unless its a new relationship

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Never been a problem for me. My training is like religion and the g/f knows that. But often she'll give me a hard time about it. "You spend more time at the gym than with me", "Your training is more important to you than I am" ect. ect. nag nag nag 11

It's not that I don't wanna be with her, but you can't put other things aside and isolate yourselfes at home with a movie every night. I would be bored to death!!

Gotta keep pumping

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I know exactly what you mean bro.... My last girlfriend use to always want me right home after work and would say she just tolerated me going to the gym to make me happy... She never backed me up with my goals in lifting or anything else... And she would never even consier going to the gym with me, because it was a waste of her time...

My finace now is much different... She still wants me to come right home to her, but on days I lift she'll be right by myside helping me force out a few extra reps at the gym... Never had a woman like that in my life... Pretty damn cool if you ask me...

It takes finding the right one bro, someone that has your best interests in mind as well as the best interests for the relationship...

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries

You guys fkn ROCK!! I love reading threads that make me laugh..but I do have to agree, one BIG advantage to being married is that it doesn't take time away from the gym....

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by latman49
    My last girl wrecked my training and diet because we were having sex every spare moment of the day. She was a teacher and it was summer time so she was always at home. .
    I've found that teacher's are the wildest !!!! They are crazy ladies....

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Damn single guys.....stop rubbing it in!!

Lattman is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Bros, I used to get Props from a lot of people on my shape and was doing pretty good financially until my x came into the picture. In about a year I was fat, broke and a real mess. It took me a good year to pay off my debts and 6 months of intensive training and AAS to get back to where I was 2 years ago. Now that all is good, she's back, but not for long, cause I realized I'm better off alone, this thread really helped me realize that it's all in the attitude of the girl and that if someone loves you, they will support you all the way...

still growin is offline Member
    Originally posted by Lattman
    [B it's all in the attitude of the girl and that if someone loves you, they will support you all the way... [/B]
    Too true. No support, no love.

m1514 is offline Junior Member
    When I dont have a gf, my motivation is way up. Try getting dumped on yer ass after buying an engagement ring. Good thing I wasnt on roids, I would have killed someone. Now I not only have my motivation, but now Im out to show the ex what she is missing out on. Its crazy how fast things change though. Now Im juggling too many girls at once and Im in fear of losing all of them. Time to decide which one is a keeper.

Thread Information