Thread: drug testing

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member

drug testing

anyone know if the nypd test for steroids ?

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    They sure dont......along with like every other job........should only be a 5 panel test for:
    marijuana, coke, methylamphetimines, barbituates....and i think pcp

stpete is offline Banned
    My guess would be no.

KingTenderloin is offline Anabolic Member
    uh oh theres a cop among us

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    Only way to test for it is GC/MS test. Very expensive as well.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    actually they are...

NYPD to Start Random Steroid Testing
    April 9th, 2008 @ 4:16pm
    By TOM HAYS
    Associated Press Writer
    NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Police Department will soon begin randomly testing its 36,000 officers for steroid abuse in light of allegations that a criminal ring was supplying the drug to pumped-up officers.

Police officials insisted Wednesday that the decision to test for anabolic steroids _ first reported in The New York Post _ doesn't reflect a concern about widespread abuse at the nation's largest police department.

Instead, they said they wanted to drive home the point that using steroids without a prescription is illegal.

Since the NYPD already tests for narcotics, it "only makes sense to include steroids," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said in a statement.

The department plans to begin the urine testing, expected to cost about $1 million a year, in July. Currently, officers are selected at random and tested for heroin, cocaine, marijuana and other illegal drugs using hair samples.

Union officials declined to comment on the plan.

The department began re-examining its drug testing policy last year after several police officers were linked to the investigation of a Brooklyn pharmacy suspected of peddling millions of dollars of steroids and human growth hormone .

Records seized from the business indicated that its clientele included several NYPD officers who worked out at the same gym _ a revelation that prompted an internal probe.

Of the 19 officers tested for steroids, six were positive; all were either suspended or given desk duty.

Last week, the NYPD issued a lengthy memo reminding officers that anabolic steroids are a controlled substance that can cause "aggressive, anti-social or inappropriate behavior," and that bodybuilding "is not a legitimate medical use."

(Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Discipline_1 is offline Associate Member
    i know somebody who is 28 and a nyc cop, he use to play football at u albany and i know he has juiced before and after he became a cop

Discipline_1 is offline Associate Member
    They sure dont......along with like every other job........should only be a 5 panel test for:
    marijuana, coke, methylamphetimines, barbituates....and i think pcp
    i thought that opiates was in that 5 panel test that most jobs test for... correct me if i am wrong jstraw!

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, I forgot opiates.....been so long since I had to take one of those.....

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    i know they started doing random tests but do they test for when you enter the academy. and they do a hair test does juice even show up on a hair test and if so does it stay longer in your hair than your piss?

Thread Information