bboveri is offline Junior Member

Work is offering $100 to get cholesterol/BP checked, currently on cycle. Yay or nay?

My workplace is offering $100 gift cards for me to get my blood pressure, height, weight and cholesterol levels checked at a health screening tomorrow.

I am 2 weeks into a test e/dbol cycle, and have been on letro for 3 weeks.

Are my lipids too out of whack that I should worry about what they will think of the cholesterol results? Should I opt out of the health screening?

Just don't want my lipids to be so out of whack they are worried about them.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    I had my bloods done 5wks into a blast and everything was fine.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Your insurance company usually will get a hold of it if they really want to...But I wouldn't care, as long as you don't have a history of bad numbers.

For $100, why not?

Think I'll go for it.

Had it done once before 2 weeks after finishing up some adex, hdl a little low, but no problems.

growboy is offline Associate Member
    Why not knowing your blood work / knowing your body is a good thing all around.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    thats sweet id do that for sure no matter how scary the numbers are.

QuadPower is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bboveri View Post
    My workplace is offering $100 gift cards for me to get my blood pressure, height, weight and cholesterol levels checked at a health screening tomorrow.

I am 2 weeks into a test e/dbol cycle, and have been on letro for 3 weeks.

Are my lipids too out of whack that I should worry about what they will think of the cholesterol results? Should I opt out of the health screening?

Just don't want my lipids to be so out of whack they are worried about them.
    Damn, wish my work did that! I say go for it, if those are the only screenings they will do. Then you can get re-screened after your cycle and show that you brought your levels down, and maybe get another 100$ in gift cards?

binder is offline Member
    is that a full lipid panel or just cholesterol? 100$ for all that seems kind of high because the only real thing that costs is the bloodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadPower View Post
    Damn, wish my work did that! I say go for it, if those are the only screenings they will do. Then you can get re-screened after your cycle and show that you brought your levels down, and maybe get another 100$ in gift cards?
    Haha..you are absolutely right.

I get a $100 Visa gift card, then if I meet a goal, say improving my cholesterol or body fat at the next screening, I get another $100 Visa gift card.

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    is that a full lipid panel or just cholesterol? 100$ for all that seems kind of high because the only real thing that costs is the bloodwork.

HDL, LDL, Triglycerides, Blood sugar.

To clarify, I am not paying for anything. They are paying me.

binder is offline Member
    oh, well then do it. it never hurts to have more info than needed.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    DONT DO IT! Look what happened to admiral ackbar... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    I say do it, they aren't testing for gear.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    whey they draw the blood, tell them you ate breakfast at McDonalds, big greasy breakfast

"wasn't i suppose to??"
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

magickflash2 is offline Junior Member
    I say do it. At my work the charge you for it. And if it's bad they up you insurace rates. That why I don''t do it when offered.

stpete is offline Banned
    Don't.

Keep your shit to yourself right now.

binder is offline Member
    They can't determine you are on steroids just from a lipid panel.

And unless you are terribly unhealthy or using insane dosages i wouldn't see your lipid panel being changed that much only 2 weeks into a cycle.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    do it

get the money

shouldnt be any major issues with you if a few levels are out of whack. though i doubt they will be

I just got back from having it done.

The lipid panel/glucose/triglycerides is a finger prick and then put into their anaylyzer and read out instantly, so I don't know how accurate it is.

My results:

Total Cholesterol 159 mg/dl (below 200 is good)
    HDL
    LDL
    TC/DL ratio
    Triglycerides 111 mg/dl (below 150)
    Glucose 93 mg/dl (below 140)
    BP 130/80

The machine couldn't analyze my HDL/LDL levels for some reason. This is the 2nd time I have went to this screening, and both times when they prick me, I barely bleed, and they have to have another person squeeze my hands. My blood clots bad they sad, which is why they say this wasn't reading it. They told me to come back tomorrow to have it re-checked, which is what I'm going to do, because the girls working were gorgeous. BP was high, but I was realy nervous so that was the cause of it. I'm not worried about the HDL/LDL because the total cholesterol was pretty good.

Triglycerides and glucose couldn't be better, considering I had a big meal 1.5 hrs before.

binder is offline Member
    see, all that worrying for nothing.

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    It was probably an incentiv from your companies insurance......A lot of insurance companies are working hand in hand with a lot of it clients to make them see value in staying healthy.......These insurance companies are starting to pay for gym memberships, health screenings, etc....Costs a lot less to keep everyone somewhat healthy than to pay for one of its people to have heart surgery or other major surgeries...about time

Thread Information