NewRecruit is offline New Member

Brand new user - unique situation...

What's up everyone? I'm new to all this but think I have a somewhat unique situation here that I am having a hard time with. I am supposed to leave for the ARMY in late January, and it feels like I have hit a wall in my prep for basic. After a hip injury a few years ago, I got a desk job and fell way outta shape. Since July, I have been trying to get it back together so I can go in but I don't think I am gonna make it on my own before I have to leave. I'm 22, 6' 1" 185lbs (up from 155 after I lost ALOT of weight after HS). I'm at my natural weight now (albeit a little loose), but I was about 220 when I graduated. I got a construction job and basically quit eating and got down to 155, but that is way too small for me - I feel like I'm built to be 180-200...

From talking with a few guys in my intro post, it don't think I need to bulk up at all, but I'd like to get more solid and I have still got some jiggle to melt off. I'm strongly considering CLEN to help kickstart the fat loss(w/ keto after week 2 to keep receptors in check), but was wondering what peoples' thoughts were on LETRO to help get my test up w/o any other AAS's.

I already know I have to get my diet under control, and my calesthenics/cardio were improving rapidly up until a few weeks ago - seems like I'm stuck now. I was eating once a day up until a few days ago, now I try to spread it out at least to 3 meals - it is difficult with my schedule(work 11:30am to 10pm; go to sleep around 1am, get up at 10am - 4 days a week).

I am trying to squeez in all the research I can, but like I said; I only have a few months to work with here. Also, it's not like I am wanting to do a whole cycle of anything durastic, just something minor and hopefully quick (like the clen/keto then the letro, but looks like the Letro could take a while to even work). I am willing to research whatever I can, but I also don't have years to study up(like I would if I had more time). But I also won't be into gear for very long either. I also would like to keep the gear to a minumum if at all possible - just don't feel like hearing the bitching from the fiancee about using needles(I'll probably have to flex on this a little, I know).

If I am way off base in anything, please let me know. I understand it looks like I'm a lazyass who wants spoonfeeding, but really it's all confusing to my noob ass and I am pressed for time.

Ready to start counting how many replies I get telling my I shouldn't be worrying about AAS's

EDIT: sorry about the short story...

-Matt
    Last edited by NewRecruit; 10-15-2008 at 10:36 PM.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    No worries brother... Im sure they will be plenty of others willing to help a young man going to serve our country.

You do know that Letro is not a AAS.

Where did you hear such information?

And that it will do nothing for your test levels right? Letro is used to combat estro/prolac related side effects that occur when doing an AAS cycle.

It can also be used as a gyno reversal tool.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally, I'd suggest you dial in your diet for 3-4 weeks and training before deciding to jump into clenbuterol along with a keto diet.

What you are planning on doing is jumping into something your body just isn't ready for.

You need to train yourself to eat 6-7 times a day while cutting and eating a healthy amount of food with the right macronutrient ratios that will enable you to retain what muscle you have while cutting.

Your body is defeating your hard work by holding on to every last bit of fat because your metabolism isn't as high as it could be.

I guarantee if you got close to 275g protein at your size, 2000 calories, and limited your carbohydrates to less that 150 ed, you would save your money and have near similar results if you were doing a substantial amount of cardio.

There are no quick fixes, and you have a lot to tweak before you should think about adding clenbuterol.

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    just thought it was interesting in reference to the letro

Department of Endocrinology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium. [email protected]

CONTEXT: Aging in men is associated with a decline in serum testosterone (T) levels. OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to assess whether decreased T in aging might result from increased estradiol (E2) negative feedback on gonadotropin secretion. DESIGN AND SETTING: We conducted a comparative intervention study (2004) in the Outpatient Endocrinology Clinic, Ghent University Hospital. PARTICIPANTS: Participants included healthy young and elderly men (n = 10 vs. 10). INTERVENTIONS: We used placebo and letrozole (2.5 mg/d) for 28 d, separated by 2 wk washout. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: We assessed changes in serum levels of free E2, LH, and FSH, free T, SHBG, and gonadotropins response to an i.v. 2.5-microg GnRH bolus. RESULTS: As assessed after 28 d of treatment, letrozole lowered E2 by 46% in the young men (P = 0.002) and 62% in the elderly men (P < 0.001). In both age groups, letrozole, but not placebo, significantly increased LH levels (339 and 323% in the young and the elderly, respectively) and T (146 and 99%, respectively) (P value of young vs. elderly was not significant). Under letrozole, peak LH response to GnRH was 152 and 52% increase from baseline in young and older men, respectively (P = 0.01). CONCLUSIONS: Aromatase inhibition markedly increased basal LH and T levels and the LH response to GnRH in both young and elderly men. The observation of similar to greater LH responses in the young compared with the elderly does not support the hypothesis that increased restraining of LH secretion by endogenous estrogens is instrumental in age-related decline of Leydig cell function

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    Personally, I suggest you walk into that recruiters office and tell him that you think he's the hottest piece of ass you've seen all day.

That will get you out of any contractual obligations, then you can start living your life.

No offense, but thats just me. I would die before I ever gave our federal government a day of my service.

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    P.S. - Sorry for hijacking your thread. I love America. I just really hate the federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    No worries brother... Im sure they will be plenty of others willing to help a young man going to serve our country.

You do know that Letro is not a AAS.

Where did you hear such information?

And that it will do nothing for your test levels right? Letro is used to combat estro/prolac related side effects that occur when doing an AAS cycle.

It can also be used as a gyno reversal tool.
    I didn't really mean to say that Letro was an AAS, I simply meant to say that I didn't plan on using anything other than the Letro. Sorry it came out that way.

Taken directly from the Letro Profile at Steroid .com:

"As previously mentioned, Letrozole (Femara) can be used to raise LH and FSH (which are hormones which signal your testes to produce more testosterone ). It also, of course, will raise your testosterone levels (6) via this mechanism. Again, this is of interest to athletes and bodybuilders for obvious reasons. Letrozole (Femara), of course, can be used for post-cycle-therapy (PCT) to raise test levels,"

I did read the whole article, and read about the gyno reversal stuff as well. But what caught my eye was Letro's apparet ability to "raise your bodies natural test production". It just got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Personally, I'd suggest you dial in your diet for 3-4 weeks and training before deciding to jump into clenbuterol along with a keto diet.

What you are planning on doing is jumping into something your body just isn't ready for.

You need to train yourself to eat 6-7 times a day while cutting and eating a healthy amount of food with the right macronutrient ratios that will enable you to retain what muscle you have while cutting.

Your body is defeating your hard work by holding on to every last bit of fat because your metabolism isn't as high as it could be.

I guarantee if you got close to 275g protein at your size, 2000 calories, and limited your carbohydrates to less that 150 ed, you would save your money and have near similar results if you were doing a substantial amount of cardio.

There are no quick fixes, and you have a lot to tweak before you should think about adding clenbuterol.
    What about T3/T4 to help w/ my metabolism? I understand the "no quick fixes", just thinking out loud...

I'm in the process of fixing this now. An intersting thing to note though; I eat hardly any carbs. I have always eaten meat as my primary food source, but since July I have swapped over from mostly red meat to mostly chicken and fish. For the last month I have upped my veggie intake by a massive amount, but I have always taken in a good amount(or so I thought) of green veggies.

I am just trying to make 5 meals a day work with my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by nhl1 View Post
    Personally, I suggest you walk into that recruiters office and tell him that you think he's the hottest piece of ass you've seen all day.

That will get you out of any contractual obligations, then you can start living your life.

No offense, but thats just me. I would die before I ever gave our federal government a day of my service.
    Don't even know where to start with this one - and I'm not signing a damn thing until I'm getting ready to get on that bus to leave. You make it sound like I am being forced into this And you hate the federal gvmn't? Your name has now been flagged and there are multiple black SUV's headed to your house...

-Matt
    Last edited by NewRecruit; 10-16-2008 at 09:01 AM.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewRecruit View Post
    Don't even know where to start with this one - and I'm not signing a damn thing until I'm getting ready to get on that bus to leave. You make it sound like I am being forced into this And you hate the federal gvmn't? Your name has now been flagged and there are multiple black SUV's headed to your house...

-Matt

Priceless!!

Eat, lift, sleep...repeat.

Try making your food for the week on Sunday...grill about 15 chicken breasts and put them in a tupper ware (get some low-fat BBQ sauce)...grill up a few lbs of sirloin and put that in a tupperware...steam a few heads of broccoli and boil 5-6 sweet potatoes and mash them and put them in the fridge, and hardboil a couple dozen eggs...that way you can take some with you. It's a pain in the arse, but all of your food is ready for the week. Get some cottage cheese, cans of tuna, all natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, fruit...then you have easisly accessible ready to eat food. It'll make life simpler for you.

Good luck and God Bless

God of our fathers, who by land and sea have ever lead us to victory, please continue your inspiring guidance in this the greatest of all conflicts. Strengthen my soul so that the weakening instinct of self-preservation, which besets all of us in battle, shall not blind me to my duty to my own manhood, to the glory of my calling, and to my responsibility to my fellow soldiers. Grant to our armed forces that disciplined valor and mutual confidence which insures success in war. Let me not mourn for the men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heroes have lived. If it be my lot to die, let me do so with courage and honor in a manner which will bring the greatest harm to the enemy, and please, oh Lord, protect and guide those I shall leave behind. Give us the victory, Lord

HOOAH

binder is offline Member
    whoa there....

i have a huge problem with this. You said your diet is good, but you said until last week you were eating 1 time a day. that's WAY FAR AWAY FROM BEING GOOD!!!!

3 times a day isn't even good.

for optimal meals you should spread it 5-6 meals. Minimum of 5.

so you've been training 3 weeks and it's getting harder so you think you hit a wall? That's nothing. you haven't hit a wall, you're just realizing each time you have to work harder and harder. When you don't make changes for 3 straight months THEN you can say you hit a wall.

keep doing what you're doing and don't screw yourself up by using stuff. It'll only make it harder once you get to basic and don't have the extra stuff to give you an edge. trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Priceless!!

Eat, lift, sleep...repeat.

Try making your food for the week on Sunday...grill about 15 chicken breasts and put them in a tupper ware (get some low-fat BBQ sauce)...grill up a few lbs of sirloin and put that in a tupperware...steam a few heads of broccoli and boil 5-6 sweet potatoes and mash them and put them in the fridge, and hardboil a couple dozen eggs...that way you can take some with you. It's a pain in the arse, but all of your food is ready for the week. Get some cottage cheese, cans of tuna, all natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, fruit...then you have easisly accessible ready to eat food. It'll make life simpler for you.

Good luck and God Bless

God of our fathers, who by land and sea have ever lead us to victory, please continue your inspiring guidance in this the greatest of all conflicts. Strengthen my soul so that the weakening instinct of self-preservation, which besets all of us in battle, shall not blind me to my duty to my own manhood, to the glory of my calling, and to my responsibility to my fellow soldiers. Grant to our armed forces that disciplined valor and mutual confidence which insures success in war. Let me not mourn for the men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heroes have lived. If it be my lot to die, let me do so with courage and honor in a manner which will bring the greatest harm to the enemy, and please, oh Lord, protect and guide those I shall leave behind. Give us the victory, Lord

HOOAH
    That's actually a good idea on making the food on Sunday(would be Saturday for me though, as I work Sun-Wed). That probably would help me incorporate all the meals into my schedule...

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    whoa there....

i have a huge problem with this. You said your diet is good, but you said until last week you were eating 1 time a day. that's WAY FAR AWAY FROM BEING GOOD!!!!

3 times a day isn't even good.

for optimal meals you should spread it 5-6 meals. Minimum of 5.

so you've been training 3 weeks and it's getting harder so you think you hit a wall? That's nothing. you haven't hit a wall, you're just realizing each time you have to work harder and harder. When you don't make changes for 3 straight months THEN you can say you hit a wall.

keep doing what you're doing and don't screw yourself up by using stuff. It'll only make it harder once you get to basic and don't have the extra stuff to give you an edge. trust me.
    Must have misread my posts bro - no where did I say that my diet was good - I said I was trying to make it better. I know I have lots of room to improve here - even listed what I was doing to try and get better...

Also, I have been training since July - about 3 weeks ago it seemed like I hit a wall.

-Matt
    Last edited by NewRecruit; 10-16-2008 at 10:17 AM.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I recommend explaining the situation to your doctor, they can be more helpful than you think. They can boost up your test/thyroid if need be, but dont be considering steroids just yet.

Maybe try taking a good creatine, BCAA and Whey

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Maybe try taking a good creatine, BCAA and Whey
    I don't think I need to put on any more mass - just reprioritize what I have now...
    Last edited by NewRecruit; 10-16-2008 at 11:22 AM.

diet and cardio bro...simple as that...look in the workout section as well....maybe switch up your routine

building lean muscle mass will burn off more calories than fat...

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    I recommend explaining the situation to your doctor, they can be more helpful than you think. They can boost up your test/thyroid if need be, but dont be considering steroids just yet.
    I went to the doc for a TEST level test back in July; she said everything looked normal for a 22yr old guy. I was having mood issues and was wondering if it was hormone related - that's what prompted the test...

-Matt

binder is offline Member
    oh my fault. I did misread that sentence about having the diet under control. Sorry

Thread Information