JasonR is offline Member

Liver Functions results.. looking to compare with other lifters

Does this look normal to you?

ALT 47 (WHILE 37 IS UPPER LIMIT)
    AST 29 IN RANGE
    ALKP 102 IN RANGE
    BILRUBIN 0.4 IN RANGE

What do you think ? any reason to be worried about the ALT ?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Question is ...is your doctor worried? When I have high liver enzymes I get a liver sonagram to look for dark spots.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

JasonR is offline Member
    Good question, the answer is no.. 10 unit above normal isn't dangerous or anything, but it is abnormal, I was wondering if training 6 days a week can cause this ? I am off juice.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonR View Post
    Good question, the answer is no.. 10 unit above normal isn't dangerous or anything, but it is abnormal, I was wondering if training 6 days a week can cause this ? I am off juice.
    I wouldn't worry then, my doctor actually called me and had me come right in and get a sonogram, I cant remember what my numbers were, but I know I only had problems when I ran tren .

Good job on getting blood work done, it makes you sleep better at nite. haven't had insurance in about a year, so Ive been taking easy, again well done on getting things checked.

I would wait awhile before running anything again and watch oral meds, then before you go on again make sure your back leveled out. Vic, ibuprofen, naiads all kick the shit out of your liver.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    well now that im on tren maybe i should go get myself checked out as an extra measure. Only thing i take is milk thistle and Liv52.
    When i get my numbers ill dig up this thread later on and compare.
    Is it common for insurance to cover this type of test?

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    These are my liver function results, this test was done half way into a moderate blast, of test deca dbol .
    Tot bilirubin- 6 umol/l normal.
    serum tot protein- 73gl/l normal.
    serum albumin- 36g/l normal.
    serum globulin- 36g/l abnormal ( 21-35).
    serum alkaline phosphate- 62u/l normal.
    ALT/SGPT 26u/l normal.
    serum gamma GT level-40u/l normal.
    Lipid profile was also normal except for serum triglycerides- 2.48mmol/l abnormal (0.85-2.00).

XNathan is offline Associate Member

I have similar result like you ultrasound performed by my friend is normal. So itsfrom muscle. ALT is supposed to be specific for liver but is in muscle too, not much as AST but also is present.

One time I was checked and dont excercise before test for 4days and all was perfect middle normal range.

I performed 4 (yes each week one) liver test in past month.

ALT 0.78 0.91 0.68 0.76 range 0.1 - 0.83 ukat/l no excercise 0.43
    AST 0.68 0.53 0.51 0.53 range 0.1 - 0.83 ukat/ no excercise 0.41
    GGT 0.33 0.30 0.31 range 0.1 - 1.77 ukat/l no excercise 0.32

ALT half-life is 46hours
    AST half-life is 17hours
    GGT elevation indicate toxic damage to liver so this is importatnt marker of true liver damage!

So If you excersice 4-5times each week your ALT will be slightly elevated even you dont go to gym for 2days and If you are in gym each day your ALT will be out of range even fact that ALT isnt abudant in muscle but large muscle damage cause higher ALT activity in serum.

So from my side of view you are fine. But ultrasoud will make you completly calm.

BG
    good post

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Defintely a great post!

I'll be posting the results of my blood work before I begin my winter cycle next month or in early December depending on how fast I can lose these last 10 lbs.

JasonR is offline Member
    Thanks Lat and xnathan ! Keep them coming

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    not to worry....but you should get to the dr if you start to turn yellow....actually you should go sooner than that....

but anyway....just do like bg said and take it easy on orals, tylenol, vicodin....etc..

NO ALCOHOL

your liver is reselient....give it a break and you will be fine...

Thread Information