man mountian is offline New Member

Need some GOOD direction for Newbie

Hey guys,

I have been working out every morning before work (5 days a week for an hour) for the past year now. However as an Endomorph i'm having a tough go of shedding fats.
    I'm 6"6' and about 280lbs. The bf machine says i'm around 30%.
    I have been splitting my workouts 30 min treadmill/ 30 min free weights.
    I have been seeing increases in strength but not so much trimming down and losing bf.
    My diet is decent and normally keep it around 2000 cals, my Basal Met Rate is around 2800.
    I'm looking for something to further help me gain strength while also let me trim down.
    Do you think steroids are the way to go or should i be looking at other supplements to aid my workouts.

Thanks for any advice.

richtries is offline Associate Member
    you need to get your bodyfat down before using steroids . . . more fat means more side effects plus the results wont be as visible.

Try increasing your cardio to 45 mins per day and always leave it till after your weights session, try to workout on an empty stomach aswell. Are you breaking those 2000 cals into 6 small meals? Check out the cutting diet at the top of the diet section.

Good luck.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO diet and cardio is all you need right now man, wait to use aas when you drop the bodyfat because even with steroids you wont make the gains you think you will if your diet and training are off.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed 100%.

I have best results with fat loss when I go 45 minutes - 60 minutes at a 3.8 pace and 10% incline.

Every 10 minutes, I'll crank it up to 4.2 and 15% incline for 2 minutes.

My recommendation would be to get a heart rate monitor to help you understand what level of effort is required to prime the body for fat loss and not endurance / aerobic capacity.

You might also want to research HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) to shock your system.

Additionally, diet is far more than just a # of calories. Post the general breakdown / timing of each meal so we can evaluate what you are doing.

Diet is a science that will take you time to learn, but will be indispensible for you to keep making progress towards your fat loss goals...Let's see what you are doing and we'll point you in the right direction, guaranteed.

man mountian is offline New Member

Diet and training

Thank you very much guys for the advice. Thats what i was looking for. I wasn't sure if steroids would help in the fat losing process or not.

I can only do the gym in the mornings right now but i'm thinking of adding another gym visit after work in the evening. Maybe i will do more cardio then.

Any ideas on any suppliments that might help speed up the process?

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by man mountian View Post

Any ideas on any suppliments that might help speed up the process?
    There is no magic pill you can take to speed up anything, you just need to work hard and be patient.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, I'm going to say it again...Post what you are eating + how often and we can help you.

Don't think about supplements or steroids until you have everything else in check.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with guys ^^^ 100%, but i'm not going to lie, there is nothing that builds muscle and chases away fat like steroids , can't remember who said that, but it;s true.
    BUT, as i said, so are the other guys, the side effects you WILL get are not worth it.
    So it really is in your best interest to drop some BF first, you won't regret it.

Thread Information