GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb Best way to break open an Ampule!?

Hi there!

I just administered my 1st Steroid injection,- 1ml of Sustanon250. After trying to open the Ampule with my hands by applying the maximum amount of pressure I was comfortable with and not getting anywhere, I decided to try and open it in a thin towel (figuring that if the Amp broke/shattered I wouldn't get cut). However, when I applied enough pressure the whole Amp just shattered, towel soaked with Oil & glass fragments everywhere. What a waste !!

With the 2nd Ampule, I scored around one side of the neck with a small pen-knife saw before snapping it, and luckily, this time the top end broke off properly. Injection went fine btw!

So after this dodgy and costly first-time experience, I'm just wondering....How do the rest of you guys break open your Ampules, and have you got any tips?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I use an ampoule opener.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    you can buy an amp opner or just file them like you did
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

........ is offline Banned
    lol with the coulurs big.

i use a knife with lots o small teeth on it to run around the white ring on the amp.

An Ampule opener eh!? Awesome stuff!...I'm googling that shizzit right now!

Glad to hear the improvisation I used is also valid though, and practical, at least as a back-up!

Thanks guys!

crispybacon is offline Junior Member
    the top of a biro also works well, but still score around the line

Lach01 is offline Associate Member
    amp opener cant get any better. clean and easy

fearcetwztdbeatz is offline New Member
    Use a file for metal. It scores the glass faster than a knife and will not dull.

crispybacon: Thanks for the Biro Tip! (Gedditt!?)

Lach01: Do I know you???...Anyway, where's a good place to get an Amp opener here in sunny 'ol Wales???

depends where ya from, i get amp openers from needle exchange with fesh needles syringes swabs etc etc the life of living in the UK free stuff for the time being.

yup you know me and already said to have waited a bit longer till you stat the course but hope all goes well for you, if you wnat i'll get misses to bring in my old amp snapper and u can have that. welcome to the dark side hope you had chat with balls and said sorry to them for doing this lol

binder is offline Member
    We just take a 2x2 gauze, wrap it around the amp then you either snap it in half with your hands or place the white ring right on the edge of a table and press down on the ampule. That will break it right at the neck.

crispybacon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    crispybacon: Thanks for the Biro Tip! (Gedditt!?)
    Ah very witty, glad you knew what a biro was only thought about that after posting!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Just like i do when Rulh comes over, i use my bare hands only.

fujitsupalm is offline Associate Member
    If you really cant get hold of an ampule opener for now, notice there is normally a spot on the neck of the amp, that is the exact spot where the neck of it has a ring and is already been cut slightly, if you try and hold it with a towel next time, and just apply pressure so that u are pushing ur thumb on the head of the amp directly above the spot, this makes it easier too.

stpete is offline Banned
    Take your normal kitchen fork and pry one leg away from the others. Then put the amp between the two and break. Very easy.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    there is such a thing as an ampule opener? Hmmm I always just snapped of the tops with out ever scoring. Only the first one did I have a problem with, shattered the top but after that I was able to snap them all cleanly.

DrTY is offline Junior Member
    y not just go thumb to thumb hold it straight and on the side where the black dot is and pull back with the top hand it should pop without force.
    jesus soon people are gonna want machines that train them while they watch tv
    are u serious a amp opener

Quote Originally Posted by Lach01 View Post
    yup you know me and already said to have waited a bit longer till you stat the course but hope all goes well for you, if you wnat i'll get misses to bring in my old amp snapper and u can have that. welcome to the dark side hope you had chat with balls and said sorry to them for doing this lol
    Yeah, I had a word with them both last night, but they aren't talking to me since the 1st jab, so I'm just gonna give them a little space now,- sure they'll come round to the idea of resembling a couple of shrunken raisins eventually! If you have a spare Amp snapper that'd be great! Oh, and I'll send friend request now buddy...

...Thanks everyone for your hints & tips!

Thread Information