BIGCHEST1225 is offline Junior Member

Plastic surgery screwed up my life

Hello,
    Two years ago through strict dieting and cardio I went down from 250lbs of pure fat to a thin 150lbs over a years time. My height is 5'8" and at the time of weight loss I was only 16. Currently I am 175lbs with little fat. I had the problem of having extra skin on my stomach but I also had extra skin on my chest. For a year I hoped for it to go away but finally decided to see a plastic surgeon last spring. He told me that my skin had no chance of shrinking and that the only way to get rid of it was surgery. I had a abdominoplasty and the extra skin from my chest removed last June. I am very dissatisfied with the results. I have pockets of soft fat on both sides of my lower stomach and under each armpit. From having skin removed the skin that was left behind has huge noticable stretch marks which covers most of my chest. My scars are as thick as a pencil and stretch from armpit to armpit with only a 1 inch gap in-between them and also all around my lower stomach. My nipples and naval had to be moved. Now my nipples appear stretched and shaped oddly so they don't even look like human body parts. He also reconstructed my ab muscles because he said they were damaged from being overweight, now I appear to have a huge muscular lump on my upper stomach that I never had before surgery. I have expressed my concerns to the surgeon and he blows them off saying that I will have follow up procedures and not to worry. How the hell am I not supposed to worry when my upper body doesn't even look human! Because of the way I look I have been suffering severe depression and anxiety. This has all lead to some heavy drug usage which isn't of my character at all. I feel life isn't worth living as a freak and thoughts of suicide occur often. Appearance is everything, I am only 19 and I feel robbed of my youth. I plan on seeing another plastic surgeon for a second opinion but I feel as if it's a lost cause. Bodybuilding my body seems to be an oxymoron when I will never be able to be proud of my body.

Sorry for rambling and bitching. I just needed to get this all off of my chest. Anyone else in this situation or who is knowledgeable please give me some advice.

Thanks,

Bigchest1225

Vice is offline Associate Member
    shit man sorry to hear this, hope all goes well and maybe the next surgery will fix some things up....look on the bright side atleast your not fat anymore

SkipFatter is offline New Member
    Sorry to hear about your situation. I would definetly get a second and third opinion. But you are only 19 and maybe with alot of hard woork you can build a good bit of lean mass on to help fill out the soft spots. Drug use will not help your situation at all,it will just prevent you from trying harder.. Maybe talk to your doc about some anti depressants this could also help you feel better on your way to building a new body.

Plus, not to minimize your problem bro, noone is ever 100% happy with what they have.

Start bustin ass bro
    Best of luck
    SKIP

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Glad you are here getting it off your chest. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I am glad you are getting a second opionion. All too often doctors think they are the experts and we don't know what we are talking about. If he isn't listening to your concerns and trying to make you at ease then you need to get rid of him. He may be doing the things he should and this may be part of the process....but he isn't worth a shit if he isn't addressing your mental distress.

As for the other things...depression, drugs, thoughts of suicide....please find someone you can trust and talk to....before it's too late.

Don't give up on working out. Keep lifting and keep improving. You have come so far. Don't give up now.

C.B.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    you came to a good little community for support. dont hesitate to ever ask questions or just post your thoughts. good luck.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Hey thanks for your pm, I thought I would reply here for the sake of everyone, I really understand your feelings bro, I was lke that for years and like I said, I wasnt happy, it wasnt the results I was promised and I was told before hand, if it didnt turn out as planned a series of mini operations with less trauma were possible to put anything right.

Anyway after I got the same treatment as you, blown off by a company in the uk who now have a bad name but were one of the first people doing this type of thing, i gave up quite easily at the time cos i didnt want to be forcing someone to put something right they could very easily fuck up on purpose.

So as someone else said 2nd and 3rd opinions, go to an advice centre or see who the doc/company is registered with , make a complaint if you feel that bad about it, but I wouldnt be going back to the same place for more. I would like to get some compensation, mine wasnt that bad i just wasnt happy, but I learn to realise I will never be satisfied, when I get to low enough body fat that I was when I had it done and it looks really bad I may go back again to see them, problem for me is I now live in another country.

As for how you feel, keep talkin you are doing the right thing, once you start to talk then at least you know you are starting on the right track and it is possible to sort it out, keeping it to yourself is not a good idea, if you got any problems about this feel free to share em with us, or me by pm, I dont mind.

In the meantime keep busting ass you might just be suprised what happens

peace

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Hey Bro, i am really sorry to hear that...but you must stay positive, we all face some tough times in our lifes that make everything seem unberable and life not worth living, i've been there but i am a survivor and i know you will be one as well, stay strong Bro, in the end life has a funny way of always working out for the best...wishing you all the best Bro, stay focused and do not let this distract you...XXL

D_BEAR is offline Junior Member
    im sorry shit is so bad it seems weird of me to say this but ill say a prayer
    remember we are all strong and all but god has the final word on it all
    please dont be talkin anymore bout killin your self
    cause when your gone your gone
    hey i still lift out and i fell out the back of a truck when i was 16 doing 65 left lots of knarly scars but i still take my shit off when workin or swimmin and ive gotten used to the scars
    when i was younger the only way i could make them less noticable was if i had a tan so i used to go and climb on my roof with a blanket so i could lay out where no one could see me
    im 34 now and im so used to the scars i dont pay them any attion any more lol
    good luck bro try the tan on it you would be suprised

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I just made an appointment for a second surgeons opinion on the 18th of this month. I will keep you updated.

BIGCHEST

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    interesting as i have a lot of loose skin as well and was considering that same surgery... and yeah get 2nd and third opinions on the current state.

alevok Guest
    sorry to hear that bro, but please go see a better doctor to fix you up. Let me tell you a real story. About eighteen years ago that plastic surgeon corrected my brother's nose (he was 16 by that time) he screwed up big time and my bro get depressed all the way, but couple of years later he went to see another doctor and that one fixed him good.
    Be positive and stay strong, you are too young, with hard work you can fill your skin with muscles. Just be patient and lift iron not the drugs.

McBain is offline Member
    When was your surgery? If it was very recent then the doc _might_ be correct in saying you need to give it more time to heal. Getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion never hurts though. You could also try some emu oil to try to reduce the stretch marks. I hear it works getting than cocoa butter with vitamin E. Also getting a tan will help reduce their noticability; however not sure if tanning or using emu oil will have any contraindications to your surgery as I am not a doctor, so please talk to your doc before doing either one of these. Good luck bro and speedy recovery. Keep a positive attitude, it makes all the difference in the word. Rather than saying "This sucks this happened to me, why me?" have the attitude of "How can I fix this? What can *I* do?" I'm not saying you are playing the victum or anything, but you see my point, you want to take an active role in fixing this. Good luck bro and if you need anyone to vent on or get shit off your chest feel free to PM me. Especially if you are feeling suicidal...it's not a good way to go out.

A kid I knew in highschool recently killed himself and my entire town was absolutely devastated. There are more people out there that care about you then you could even fathom. Anyways keep your head up bro, good things will happen, it can only get better.

dern180 is offline Member
    Bigchest I feel for you I've lost alot of wieght my self. In fact I lost 250 pds in 14 months. And I've been dealing with this loose skin thing too. And let me tell you it not easy to deal with. U don't feel right with your self. And it hard to deal with everyday. I went to a surgen awhile back and I need my front and back done. It will cost ten thousand to complete the surgery. I still got to look into it and go to more doctors and have them checked out I'm not rushing into something like this. Also I need to save more money. Once again really sorry about what happened sue the mother fucker and make some money off this asshole. It hard to live with the loose skin and now u have this problem to deal with man that really sucks.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bigchest, sorry to hear about your situation. Please keep us posted. You said you had a followup on the 18th, I hope it went well.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Yesterday (the 18th) I had an appointment with another plastic surgeon for a second opinion. He said that it appears that my nipples were placed to low on my chest and that they could be moved but because they were already moved once the chance of them dieing is greatly increased (scary shit) He also recommended I get spot lipo along the suture lines where there are uneven fat deposits and also to start steroid injections and steroid cream on the scars and if that doesn't improve them enough to start lazer treatment. All of these procedures are estimated to cost another 8,000. I asked my original plastic surgeon about these treatments and he blew off my questions never answering them. I believe he didn't want to discuss these expensive procedures with me because he said that all necessary follow up procedures and operations would be paid for under the amount I paid for the first operation. Tomorrow (the 20th) I have an appointment with my original plastic surgeon that performed the operation. I am going to raise these issues of him being a sneaky cheap bastard that fuc**d up my nipple placement and threaten a law suit on his ass unless he either does the procedures the other surgeon recommended or pays for someone else to do them. My mother works with a law firm that deals directly with medical malpractice so hopefully I will have an upperhand.

I will keep you updated on how tomorrow's appointment goes.

Bigchest

landshark is offline Associate Member
    Good luck, hope all goes well...

Originally posted by landshark
    Good luck, hope all goes well...

Don't worry bro, you already have the upper hand; don't be afraid to use it.

Good luck.

nuke is offline Member
    Brother,

About 7 years ago I had major gynocemastia surgery...Excess skin in the chest area too......My chest area was my only prolem. I too had the nipple removal and replacement, I also have the scar going around armpit to arm pit....

I am not overjoyed by the scars but what helped me fill ot the looseness was HEAVY HEAVY lifting for chest....I know it doesnt work for everyone...And by no means am I saying my chest is perfect, its not. But my wife didnt even notice when we first started dating....

I have not aspiraion of competeing so I am not worried about that. See what your doctor can offer you as far as corrective surgery....
    BE CAREFUL SOMETIE GOING BACK UNDER CAN ONLY MAKE THING WORSE !!NEW SCARS NEW ISSUES>>>
    Really , really asses your body and see if yu want to go through this again..

Best Of Luck
    Nuke

MY PROBLEM JUST GOT A LOT BIGGER!!!!

OH MAN AM I IN A PREDICAMENT NOW! I met with the plastic surgeon who performed the surgery today. He has agreed to do all the follow up procedures that the other surgeon recommended. He plans to do spot lipo on my chest and stomach and then after everything settles see if the nipples need moved. My HUGE PROBLEM is that this is all going to take place next tuesday (exactly one week from today) and I am 1 week in on a fina, winny, prop, clen cycle. WTF should I do???? I cant tell him about the roid usage because he may not agree to do the procedures . I am thinking about continuing the cycle through the surgery and doing very very light lifting and cardio post surgery, he said that I should hold off all exercise for at least 4 weeks post surgery. Will this roid stack interfere with the surgery??????? I will drop out the clen and winny because it dehydrates you and they said that dehydration before surgery can make you go into a high fever. Can I stay on the prop and fina just to preserve muscle?????? How about the arimidex and nolvadex I have been taking, can I continue with them? Or should I just drop everything and hit clomid through surgery??? I know that no one on this board can or should give me medical advise but I would just appreciate some opinions. Please help!

nuke is offline Member
    We are not the ones to answer this....Unless anyone on this board is an MD or Plastic Surgeon....( And still they are not your MD or Plastic Surgeon) Tell your doc.
    Bro talk to your doc...PLease !!!

Bigchest, I don't have first hand experience with these aas's, but I think that if your only 1 week in, you can just stop and resume your cycle when your done /w surgery. fina has a very short half life, so does prop, and winny has a short half life too. If you stop now, in a week, it should be out of your system. Since your only 1 week in, I doubt you will have too much of a problem from stopping. BUT, one of the other bros can probably give better feedback. bump

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    My advice is to drop everything right now. You're dealing with short esters (as rampage76 has said...didn't see post), so there should be minimal impact. Doesn't make a lot of sense to be on a cycle if you can't train to your maximal effort.
    Last edited by goldenear; 11-20-2002 at 01:59 PM.

anyone know if I just stop everything now if my natural test levels will be very low??? I dont care if your not a MD anything you can say will be appreciated.......telling my doc isnt an option.

BUMP FOR MORE REPLIES.......

thanks

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    bro if it was me i would stop everything now just to make sure but everything your using is short acting so u should be ok
    JLI

Originally posted by BIGCHEST1225
    anyone know if I just stop everything now if my natural test levels will be very low???
    One week in, they won't be very low, but they definitely have been affected.

Also, even though it's only been one week on cycle, should I use any clomid if I quit the cycle right now?

Clomid isn't a necessity, but you could take it if you wanted to. I've had surgery with clomiphene citrate floating around in me...no biggie. Out of everything you listed, I'd be most concerned with the clen anyway. But back to the clomid, you could just start a 10 day course a day after surgery (or nothing at all).

Mastiff is offline Member
    I would stop now, and I would use the clomid. Take the same doses you normally would. You'll be fine. Don't tell the doc about the roids, whatever you do.

DevilDog is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by The Original Jason
    Hey thanks for your pm, I thought I would reply here for the sake of everyone, I really understand your feelings bro, I was lke that for years and like I said, I wasnt happy, it wasnt the results I was promised and I was told before hand, if it didnt turn out as planned a series of mini operations with less trauma were possible to put anything right.

Anyway after I got the same treatment as you, blown off by a company in the uk who now have a bad name but were one of the first people doing this type of thing, i gave up quite easily at the time cos i didnt want to be forcing someone to put something right they could very easily fuck up on purpose.

So as someone else said 2nd and 3rd opinions, go to an advice centre or see who the doc/company is registered with , make a complaint if you feel that bad about it, but I wouldnt be going back to the same place for more. I would like to get some compensation, mine wasnt that bad i just wasnt happy, but I learn to realise I will never be satisfied, when I get to low enough body fat that I was when I had it done and it looks really bad I may go back again to see them, problem for me is I now live in another country.

As for how you feel, keep talkin you are doing the right thing, once you start to talk then at least you know you are starting on the right track and it is possible to sort it out, keeping it to yourself is not a good idea, if you got any problems about this feel free to share em with us, or me by pm, I dont mind.

In the meantime keep busting ass you might just be suprised what happens

peace
    Not sure what the law is in the UK, but in the states you are entitled to expectation damages based on breach of contract.

Thread Information