GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Injection pain lingers '7 days' after 1st jab!? Infection???

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there could help explain what could be causing so much pain/discomfort 7 days following my 1st jab. I really don't want to have to go to the Dr's unless it's neccesary, but it's been a week now, so I need to decide whether I am or not. Here's the story...

...I administered my 1st ever ASS injection 7 days ago,- 1cc of Sustanon250 into my right thigh muscle. It was very sore the next day and extremely painful to flex to any degree with my bodyweight on it,- which of course could be expected with virgin muscle (I've researched). However, it's 7 days on as I've said & my thigh is still very sore. There is no visible bruising or redness, however there is some mild swelling, mostly visible towards the bottom of the thigh. The strange thing is that I did my 2nd jab 36+ hrs ago, in my Glute, and 36hrs+ later and there's absolutely no discomfort this time, let alone any pain. So it's prob nothing to do with the gear anyway.

Any thoughts on what this might be, other than an infection, 7 days on?

Thanks!
    Last edited by GrandmasterSpank; 10-26-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    You probably just stuck it in a bad spot. Sustanon can be painful and quad injections (if that's what you did) are problematic for many people. If it's an infection you'll know it.

Cheers Coop77. Yeah, it was a thigh jab, my 1st ever shot. You might be right about it being a bad spot, as I used a 1 1/2 Inch 21G pin and stuck it a good 4/5th of the way in when I don't have the 'meatiest' of quads to begin with. I know now a 1Inch pin would have been better. The jab didn't hurt at the time, but it killed the next day, and whilst there's been gradual improvement, it's still say about 2/3rds as sore as was the next day. You reckon I might have jabbed too deep??

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Usually 1.5" is only used for glutes. Use 1" for everywhere else.
    If it's getting better it'll probably be fine in a few days. I recently did a delt injection that was horribly sore for 4 or 5 days. worst soreness I'd ever had from an injection. At the time I was sure something wrong and I nearly went into the clinic, but then it went away. I then did the other delt with the same gear and had almost no soreness at all.

Yeah, pain has been easing slowly as the days have gone by,- probably be fine in a few more days!

Did you train your Shoulders/Upper Body whilst your delt was sore Coop77, or lay-off until it was better? I've been training my legs regardless, probably hasn't sped things up much eh!

cache49 is offline Associate Member
    i have the same problem. Some people are more sensitive than other to injections. The day after the shot my muscle gets tight...by day two it is slightly swollen. Once the swelling subsides after several more days the muscle gets hard and tight....then clears up. Ive tried everything and the only thing that seems to help is pm injections before bed followed by a hot compress to assist blood flow to the area and if really needed i dilute one to one with sterile oil....Also, many people are sensitive to prop, u said ur runnin sust. I cant run any test blend with prop in it or I cant walk for a week. Try the single esters. Hope this helps....cheers

reddohc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there could help explain what could be causing so much pain/discomfort 7 days following my 1st jab. I really don't want to have to go to the Dr's unless it's neccesary, but it's been a week now, so I need to decide whether I am or not. Here's the story...

...I administered my 1st ever ASS injection 7 days ago,- 1cc of Sustanon250 into my right thigh muscle. It was very sore the next day and extremely painful to flex to any degree with my bodyweight on it,- which of course could be expected with virgin muscle (I've researched). However, it's 7 days on as I've said & my thigh is still very sore. There is no visible bruising or redness, however there is some mild swelling, mostly visible towards the bottom of the thigh. The strange thing is that I did my 2nd jab 36+ hrs ago, in my Glute, and 36hrs+ later and there's absolutely no discomfort this time, let alone any pain. So it's prob nothing to do with the gear anyway.

Any thoughts on what this might be, other than an infection, 7 days on?

Thanks!

lol

cache49 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reddohc View Post

lol
    Ya, no doubt....wouldnt have been my first site chioce for my first ever inj either. Might wanna try ass or shoulder my friend....live and learn i guess.

reddohc is offline Associate Member
    what made you pick the location as to where exactly to stick the needle? did you look it up or did you just stick it where you thought was right?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    The best location on the thigh to shoot is high in the upper outer quadrant; a good rule of thumb (pun unintended) to find how high up the thigh you can go is to place your index finger where your glutes meet the hamstrings and use your thumb to gauge that same level on your quads. Most sites/information tell you to go a little lower (somehwere midway in the outer thigh) but for me the chances of hitting a nerve, perforating a vein or getting a hemotoma is significantly reduced the higher up you go. Also, your natural posture and way of holding the plunger will create a slight tilt to the needle - so if you start off high, the needle ends up at or near the belly of the muscle.
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 10-27-2008 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reddohc View Post
    what made you pick the location as to where exactly to stick the needle? did you look it up or did you just stick it where you thought was right?
    Haha, no,- I flipped a coin!! No seriously, there's nothing wrong with where I jabbed, or at least there isn't for many individuals. Granted, Glute shots are generally a better choice for most though, and I had to experiment to see what was right for me. Anyhow, I injected the correct location on my thigh,- I think the mistake I made was shooting too deep with a 1-1/2 pin, which should really have been a 1 Inch pin for a quad or delt shot! Like you say cashe49, I lived, limped on one leg for a week, and learned! Lol

Anyway, did my 2nd jab Saturday,- Glute-shot, 23G 1-1/2! Worked like a dream this time! Two days on now and no discomfort what-so-ever!

Here's a run down of the exact procedure I used....

1. Always use a clean, organised, and sterile set-up.
    2. Use a 23G 1 1/2 Inch needle for Gluteal Injections.
    3. Use a 23-25G 1 - 1 1/4 Inch needle for Quad & Deltoid Injections.
    4. Warm the Ampoule in 'hot' water for few mins prior to injection.
    5. Score the neck of the Ampoule with a metal file, to ease opening.
    6. Use one needle to draw the oil into the syringe & a 2nd needle to inject.
    7. Swab chosen injection area with an Alcohol wipe.
    8. Inject area at a 90 degree angle, and swiftly i.e. with a 'darting' motion.
    9. Aspirate !!! - Pull back plunger approx ¼ ml. (Abort jab if blood is drawn!)
    10. Inject 'very slowly',- the slower the better. 15-30 secs per ml.
    11. Wait 10 secs before removing needle.
    12. Swab area with alcohol wipe.
    13. Massage area firmly for 30 secs or so.
    14. Apply a heat pad / Hot Water Bottle.
    15. Exercise soon after to increase blood flow to the area.

...If anyone thinks I'm overcomplicating a relatively simple procedure they're of course entitled to they're own opinion. However, for me personally the difference a few 'extra steps' have made to post-injection pain/discomfort (or lack thereof in my case!), would appear to make it all very well worthwhile. I highly recommend the above procedure to anyone who is particularly sensitive to post-injection pain.

JinNtonic is offline Member
    Instead of a file to the neck of the vial just use a towel and snap off the top.

Thread Information