tprop is offline Associate Member

How does esters work?

How do esters and half lifes work like if test propionate has a half life of 2-3 days what happens to the test?how is it released? WHen the half life is over what then happens if you haven't used it already?

bump

Mulciber is offline Scammer

bump and still doesn't explain my questions!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by tprop View Post
    bump and still doesn't explain my questions!
    If that thread doesn't answer your question, I don't know what you're asking.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    ok simplest way to explain it: There are esterase enzymes that break down the ester and as the test is freed from the ester it goes into your blood stream and gets to work.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    half life = the time it takes to break the test down into half the dose you started at. so if you inject 75mg in 2-3 days you will still have 37.5mg present in your system.

not really sure what you're asking though

i think he was lookin for the answer jigga gave

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    yeah good thing jigga broke it down for the guy.. it was right here in the link i posted .. also the article is more than 2 sentences.. sure is a whole lot of read'n to do for some lear'n..

Esterification of an injectable anabolic /an- drogenic steroid basically accomplishes one thing, it slows the release of the
    parent steroid from the site of injection. This happens because the ester will notably lower the water solubility of the steroid,
    and increase its lipid (fat) solubility. This will cause the drug to form a deposit in the muscle tissue, from which it will slowly
    enter into circulation as it is picked up in small quantities by the blood. Generally, the longer the ester chain, the lower the
    water solubility of the compound, and the longer it will take to for the full dosage to reach general circulation. Slowing the
    release of the parent steroid is a great benefit in steroid medicine, as free testosterone (or other steroid hormones) previously
    would remain active in the body for a very short period of time (typically hours). This would necessitate an unpleasant daily
    injection schedule if one wished to maintain a continuous elevation of testoste- rone (the goal of testosterone replacement
    therapy). By adding an ester, the patient can visit the doctor as infrequently as once per month for his injection, instead of
    having to constantly re- administer the drug to achieve a therapeutic effect. Clearly without the use of an ester, therapy with
    an injectable anabolic/ androgen would be much more difficult. Esterification temporarily deactivates the steroid molecule.

i was asking how is it released like miligram wise.how much every hour or something?esters releasing i knew b4 this.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    i was asking how is it released like miligram wise.how much every hour or something?esters releasing i knew b4 this.
    all you can go by is the 1/2 life of the compound givin its ester used. you would have to be on 24 hr bloodwork to know the details within the hour. it would probably vary from person to person. i've seen charts of varies compounds but don't know how accurate they are. not sure if I answered what you were asking.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    if you knew about esters you could probably have figured out a basic guess at how much is absorbed from one hour to the next

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    oh god im confused now.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    oh god im confused now.

Thread Information