athlete20 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Delt Injections!!!

My rat is new to these shots. What are the guidelines for doing them correctly?

Thanks.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Well, you can shoot all 3 heads of each delt fairly easily. The anterior deltoid has the most nerves in it and a major artery (assumption. if anyone knows what that vein is lemme know). The lateral delt is the most common area for injects, you want to aim in the middle and inject perpendicular to the muscle. The posterior delt you sorta have to reach over with the opposite arm and insert the syringe in a downward motion. I find the rear delt to be a very ideal yet seldomly used location. 25g 1" is a decent size needle to use.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    go to s p o t i n j e c t i o n s .com

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Well, you can shoot all 3 heads of each delt fairly easily. The anterior deltoid has the most nerves in it and a major artery (assumption. if anyone knows what that vein is lemme know). The lateral delt is the most common area for injects, you want to aim in the middle and inject perpendicular to the muscle. The posterior delt you sorta have to reach over with the opposite arm and insert the syringe in a downward motion. I find the rear delt to be a very ideal yet seldomly used location. 25g 1" is a decent size needle to use.
    Nice thorough information bro

Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    Nice thorough information bro
    thanks. Sources tell me its the brachial artery that runs down the anterior deltoid region.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, you can shoot all 3 heads of each delt fairly easily. The anterior deltoid has the most nerves in it and a major artery .
    that would be the brachial artery....and its more under you anterior delt...almost in your armpit

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    and if your new to giveing your 'rat' these injections....stick to common places...like medial deltoid...glutes, pecs, vastus', etc

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    thanks. Sources tell me its the brachial artery that runs down the anterior deltoid region.
    your sources are correct sir!

REAL_MAFIA is offline New Member
    Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean when you say inject perpendicular to the muscle? that mean 90 degrees?

And the posterior delt.....can you post pictures? Id like to see that one.

Thanks

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by REAL_MAFIA View Post
    Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean when you say inject perpendicular to the muscle? that mean 90 degrees?

Thanks
    Yes 90dg, the pictures are in link. Or google posterior delt pics.

Thanks Lats! You on top of things here.

Didnt mean to H/J

Quote Originally Posted by REAL_MAFIA View Post

Thanks
    taking a picture of a rear delt injection is almost impossible. just pretend like you are going for the lateral head then turn your arm over so the palm of your hand is facing behind you ( of the arm you are injecting) then go downward into it.

taking a picture of a rear delt injection is almost impossible. just pretend like you are going for the lateral head then turn your arm over so the palm of your hand is facing behind you ( of the arm you are injecting) then go downward into it.
    Ok I follow you on this, but it seems hard doing without tensing the muscles. I was just looking for this in pictures because of it not being on the i n j e c t i o n site Ive seen around here.

Thanks

XLCanadian is offline Associate Member
    I find a 25g 5/8" syringe works well for delt injections. My buddy at 6'4" and 235lbs used a 1" on his delt and hurt himself real bad. So I tend to stick to the 5/8" dart for the delts.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by XLCanadian View Post
    I find a 25g 5/8" syringe works well for delt injections. My buddy at 6'4" and 235lbs used a 1" on his delt and hurt himself real bad. So I tend to stick to the 5/8" dart for the delts.
    Id like to know how he hurt himself?

Ive gone 1 and 1/2inches in without a problem. I bury 1inch needles in my delt.

XLCanadian is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Id like to know how he hurt himself?

Ive gone 1 and 1/2inches in without a problem. I bury 1inch needles in my delt.
    You're probably bigger than my buddy. I was surprised myself. But he said he was unable to keep his arm above shoulder height for more than a second.

Wanted to punch me out for telling him to put it in his delt. I figured it was just post injection pain, but he said it lasted almost a week. Must have hit a nerve or something....

Like I said, I use 5/8" 25g on my delts without issues, but at 6'2" 200 lbs thats kind of all I reuiqre.

RotorHead is offline Associate Member
    i agree.. my traps and delts are lacking... i think inch needle is the MOST i could use.

Most people recommend 1 inch for delt. But this is person specific IMO. I have pretty big shoulders but im very lean so 5/8 suffice for myself. Never tried 1 inch and don't have a reason to either.

the name Lego Bricks says it all, full time defensive lineman

Thread Information