BloodyBillAnderson is offline Associate Member

cruising after surgery

I am going for shoulder surgery before the end of the year. I wont be able to train for about 2 months. I am on hrt, my current blast/cycle is now 900mg test cyp and 480mg deca , 500iu HGC per week .25mg anastrozole ed. My plan is to stop the deca and go down to 200 or 300mg of test cyp a week during recovery. should I stop the HGC and anastrozole? If I keep my diet at 4500kal a day can I expect to lose alot of mass? will 300mg of test be enough?

Thanks for any experience you can share.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's not a bad idea but there this is one very important factor to add, bcaa's.
    This is a short abstract from some research i did a few years back for a friend.

Inactivity-mediated protein catabolism occurs in many
    circumstances ranging from catastrophic events such
    as severe illness or injury, to unique environments
    such as spaceflight/microgravity, to more insidious
    causes such as physical frailty and the progression
    of aging. Nevertheless, regardless of the etiology,
    the consequences of inactivity are readily observable
    and debilitating. Mechanistically, the loss of lean
    body mass during inactivity is the result of a
    chronic imbalance between muscle protein synthesis
    and breakdown. When inactivity is accompanied by the
    stress of trauma or disease, the rate of muscle
    protein catabolism can increase several fold. Bed
    rest studies in healthy volunteers provide a unique
    opportunity to examine the mechanisms contributing to
    muscle loss and evaluate strategies for intervention
    that may slow muscle catabolism and promote
    anabolism. The prerequisite for muscle protein
    synthesis and the most readily adaptable stimulus is
    dietary-derived amino acids.
    You need to keep as active as possible during this time, it doesn't matter how you do it. But you will lose muscle and strength in that arm, fortunately, nothing that can't be regained fairly quickly.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I assume HGC is HCG ??? If so, I hope you're taking it only to offset the deca and not during your entire HRT, which is kind of pointless.

In any case, even with taking test cyp, 2 months of inactivity WILL cause some degree of muscular atrophy...it can't be helped, you have to be ready for that. As to how much muscle mass, thats where the gear will help mitigate somewhat but an estimate is hard to give.

However, fret not, muscle memory is a wonderful thing and you should be back up to your previous lean mass within 2 months (and that's conservative) of resuming training; I've quit training for 6 months before, lost about 5 kg (11 lbs) of LBM and roughly 20% of my strength, to my estimation, and bounced back within 2 months of resuming... hope this makes you feel better

cheers

BloodyBillAnderson is offline Associate Member
    Yes I meant HCG , as per swales protocol 250iu the day before each shot. why do you think this is a waste? it keeps the balls looking normal if nothing elts.

I just talked to my doc he says I can go back to the gym 10 days after surgery instead of Physical Therapy, as long as I can take the pain. I am getting a mumford, grinding the bone above the rotator cuff to make more room. so now I am thinking that I will keep my dose the same as it is now through recovery.

Thanks all

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ well, deca will cause acute atrophy so HCG is actually decent idea to maintain size... i mean, with TRT, the atrophy is still already there, so you dont need deca shrinking it further...

using HCG to maintain size for comestic purposes makes sense I suppose, but it's a "waste" for every other reason... even if u wanted to procreate during HRT, you'd have to take not just an LH mimic like HCG, but also exogenous FSH to stimulate spermatogenesis.

Thread Information