trenerefic85 is offline Beware of my advice

Milk thistle and cycle effectiveness

2 questions.

1. Does milk thistle really work and how well?
    2. Does use of it cut into the effectivess of gear?

ROCKNROLLA is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trenerefic85 View Post
    2 questions.

1. Yes, Milk Thistle is a great supplement as an overall liver aid as well as a liver protectant on cycle (Along with Liv.52)
    2. No

If you are ever that concerned about your liver values your doctor can help you out by getting blood work done.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    from my experience and bloodwork results, no amount of milk thistle or liv protectant supplements will keep your liver enzymes in a normal range while on 17aa's steroids . I take liv 52 year round, but I expect my liver values to go high if I use 17aa's steroids. I think they may help your liver values recover faster once you stop taking orals

TTexas is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trenerefic85 View Post
    2 questions.

Man I would use it with anything no matter how mild it may seem. Its fairly inexpensive and that liver is kinda important and shit.... Trust me Ive done some stupid shit with juice in the past and last year when I went in to my PCP for blood work my liver enzymes and bilireubin values were awful and had to have an ultrasound of my liver.... rsults= "Borderline Hepat*****ly" or mild liver enlargement. I put most of the blame on the cavalier AS experiments I have done

THEMEATEATER is offline Associate Member
    I also take liv 52! But I'm sure I remember hearing that too much milk thistle a day can be harmful, is this true?

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    It is not going to harm you, is inexpensive and easy to find and supposed to be good for your liver when used anytime. For precuationary or PCT measures, why not?

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    unless youre abusing 17aa's for a long period of time, you will be fine. The liver is very resilient and designed to filter out toxins and can actually regenerate itself. Most of society takes stuff every day that stresses their liver: NSAIDs, lot of prescription drugs, alcohol. 6-10 weeks of a 17aa is not gonna give you jaundice or liver failure. A bigger concern is how 17aa's wreak havoc on your lipid profile. Ive seen my HDL go from 54 down to 1 in ten days when I added 50mg of winny to my cycle...thats crazy! It went back to normal when I stopped

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814 View Post
    from my experience and bloodwork results, no amount of milk thistle or liv protectant supplements will keep your liver enzymes in a normal range while on 17aa's steroids. I take liv 52 year round, but I expect my liver values to go high if I use 17aa's steroids. I think they may help your liver values recover faster once you stop taking orals
    dont freak him out..only a fraction of steroids are 17aa's...and i stay away from all of them....not worth it imo.

Thread Information