marcbkk is offline New Member

Question On A Deca & Sustanon Cycle & Having Abdominal Pains

At the moment I am 8 weeks into a 10 week cycle of mainly Deca & Sustanon .

In the first half of the cycle I was using Deca and Primobolan and then switched over to Sustanon and Deca for the second half.

I have been on Nolvadex for the entire cycle as I am sensitive to gyno and so I started taking 1 pill a day a week prior to the first injection. I am also on a generic form of Propecia to prevent increased pattern baldness and have been on and off of it for a few years.

For the last 4 weeks the cycle has consisted of 3 Deca and 1 Sustanon per week. I am not taking any oral steroids .

About 2 weeks ago I started developing some abdominal pains with some light nausea with it. It comes in waves and sometimes is most uncomfortable at night, which often affects my sleep. Somehow when I am on a full stomach it lessens the discomfort, but not always. My toileting seems normal though.

I have taken two courses of two different types of antibiotics over the last couple of weeks which are one typically used to treat any intestinal infections. I live in SE Asia where food poisoning occurs regularly, so I wanted to be sure that a bacteria from food was not the cause. I think at this point I have pretty much ruled out that possibility.

I have no diarrhea or any other symptoms other than the usual redness in the face and increased body temperature from the steroids . A few pimples here and there on the chest and back and a slightly more aggressive demeanor and libido, but nothing that cannot be managed.

So far I have not gone to see the doctor as I feel doctors here may not know much about the side effects associated with steroid cycling.

Hopefully this is a temporary thing which will go away after I end the cycle in 2 more weeks.

My biggest fear is that it is something liver related, but I don’t think I am using enough gear where it would have such a dangerous affect on my liver.

If anyone has any experience and/or ideas on what might be my abdominal pain and discomfort, I welcome your input.

All the best…
    Last edited by marcbkk; 10-28-2008 at 08:53 PM.

SK1Viking is offline Associate Member
    good luck, yea hopefully not your liver. Have you ever had any bloodwork done??

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    Well first, prepare to be flamed, not by me, but by just about anyone else who reguarly responds on this forum.

I get constant stomach pains when taking too much test somtimes, so maybe your sust is doing it. Is it gassy? bloat? blood in stool?

I highly doubt its your liver. Injectables aren't that hard on the liver. The coming in waves makes me think it may have something to do with sust. I've never taken sust but I think its like 4 different esters of test combined into one bottle so I could see a wave effect from something like that.

Sorry I know thats not the greatest help, if it persists I would see a Dr. especially since antibiotics didn't do anything.

Thanks. Yes, I did have some bloodwork done about 4-5 years ago when I first got on steroids . At that time I used some oral D-Ball during the cycle and my AST and ALT levels were quite high. But over the last few years I have been taking Milk Thistle on a regular basis and luckily my liver enzymes returned to better than normal in a recent health examination I had earlier this year which included a full blood analysis.

Hard to say on that one I guess. The only way to know if it really is a liver issue is to have my AST and ALT levels tested again now.

I am still wondering though if it might be related to something else.

stpete is offline Banned
    I can't help with those ab pains, but i don't think it's liver related at all.

This would be a good time for me ask for stats and cycle experience. What's your age? Height? Weight? etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nhl1 View Post
    Well first, prepare to be flamed, not by me, but by just about anyone else who reguarly responds on this forum.

I get constant stomach pains when taking too much test somtimes, so maybe your sust is doing it. Is it gassy? bloat? blood in stool?

I highly doubt its your liver. Injectables aren't that hard on the liver. The coming in waves makes me think it may have something to do with sust. I've never taken sust but I think its like 4 different esters of test combined into one bottle so I could see a wave effect from something like that.

Sorry I know thats not the greatest help, if it persists I would see a Dr. especially since antibiotics didn't do anything.
    Thanks and helpful ideas are always appreciated. I am getting used to flamers. After all, all gyms in Asia are full of them!!!! All kidding aside though, no, I don't feel gassy, bloated, and there is no blood passing.

There is one more point that I just remembered, I had a couple of expired amps of Testiopan Depot (Testoviron ) mixed in with my Sustanon and I accidentally injected one of those expired Testoviron amps about a week ago instead of a Sustanon. The amp was actually 18 months out of date, but I believe the abdominal pains had started before I mistakenly injected that amp anyway.
    Last edited by marcbkk; 10-28-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    you say se asia and food poisoning occurs regularly ..ive been doing a little reading the last few days on liver damage..
    first thing that came to my mind.. and mind you im not saying this is what it is in any way, was hep c..

Hepatitis C is one of six viruses known to cause liver disease (Buggs 2001; NIDA 2002, Strickland 2002). Hepatitis C is very difficult for the immune system to overcome and often becomes chronic, leading to serious and permanent liver damage. Typically hepatitis C infection is mild in the early stages and rarely recognized until it has caused significant damage to the liver. From infection to noticeable or significant liver damage can take 20 years or more. The symptoms of hepatitis C are also very mild in the early stages. Fatigue, the most common symptom, may not appear for many years. Other symptoms are mild fever, muscle and joint aches, nausea and vomiting, poor appetite, and vague abdominal pains. Hepatitis C often goes undiagnosed because the symptoms come and go and are so suggestive of a flu-like illness. Its presence is usually identified during a routine blood test or because the hepatitis C antibody is positive at the time of a blood donation.

i dont know, might want to get some blood work done..

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    I can't help with those ab pains, but i don't think it's liver related at all.

This would be a good time for me ask for stats and cycle experience. What's your age? Height? Weight? etc, etc.
    Cheers my friend. I am 41 years old. 183 CM (6 foot) and now weigh 85 kilos (185 lbs). I am not massive or looking for massive gains. Just some good, hard, lean muscle mass and strength. I gained about 5 kilos on the cycle and have reduced some body fat. So I am pretty pleased with the results overall. This is the second time I am on steroids . First time was about 4-5 years ago. If you have other questions please let me know.

Thanks again...
    Last edited by marcbkk; 10-28-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    you say se asia and food poisoning occurs regularly ..ive been doing a little reading the last few days on liver damage..
    first thing that came to my mind.. and mind you im not saying this is what it is in any way, was hep c..
    Thanks. Again, living in SE Asia I had been vaccinated for both Hep A and Hep B many years ago and have my antibodies tested regularly to see if and when I need a booster. Of course Hep C is the more dangerous one because there is no treatment and/or vaccine for it. I did get tested for it 8-12 months ago, but not to say I didn't pick it up after that. I guess a liver test will tell more.

I just wanted to add that I tend to doubt it is ulcers either given my generally stress free lifestyle.

So you prob. dont have any forms of Hep.

^^?????

Thanks bro. A bit more on my lifestyle, I don't drink alcohol, smoke, or drink coffee.

i guess at this point your open to do whatever.i would try a heap load of ginger(if you can get a hold of it), it might calm your stomach down a bit. If not eat try eating foods a little easier on the stomach, might be hard in thailand. Play it by ear man, and keep us posted.

Thanks bro. Yes, Ginger is everywhere. Good idea. Will give it a go. Will probably avoid chili for a while. I think I may go for an AST & ALT test in the next couple of days just to see what my liver is up to. And if the rain ever stops I can go hit some squats this afternoon.

Good luck bro

I went to the hospital today to get some tests done as I also started developing a bit of tightness in the chest.

Blood pressure is normal, all liver function is completely normal, and it seems that the gear has had no affect on my liver levels (AST & ALT), which is great. I also had an EKG done and all heart function is perfectly normal as well.

I told the doc I was on the gear and she said it can often cause some high acidity levels in the stomach which can lead to peptic ulcers.

She then sent me home with a 2 week course of medicine to reduce acidity in the stomach, which should help me feel a bit better after a few days I guess.

What was interesting is that I was the one to ask for the liver function blood work. She said steroids wont affect the liver, which sort of goes along with my theory that many doctors are not really too informed on the adverse side affects of steroids on the body.

A normal level for AST is under 37 and for ALT is under 40. When I did some D-Ball 4-5 years ago it threw my levels off the charts and the doc's first reaction at that time was either that I am alcoholic or that I possibly had hep when those results came back. Believe it or not, at that time, AST hit 116 and ALT hit 111. A serious case for staying completely away from any orals!
    Last edited by marcbkk; 10-29-2008 at 05:25 AM.

Thread Information