BiggD is offline Junior Member

Minimizing side effects of AAS

Looking for suggestions on how to minimize or elimate the possibility of acne and hair loss due to AAS.

Ripped Mass is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
    Looking for suggestions on how to minimize or elimate the possibility of acne and hair loss due to AAS.
    That's simple....don't do any AAS!
    Seriously, some people get those side effects and some don't, and you will not know how prone you are until you find out for yourself. Just do research on the type of AAS you plan to do and see what sides those certain ones are known to do.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Acne i think is inevitable, I believe everyone gets it from roids. I never get acne during a cycle. I only get acne when I come off compounds, like for example I can be taking 3 different roids and just come off one of them and acne starts and I would assume that happens because of the fluctuation of blood levels of that roid causing an imbalance and acne arises. But hell the acne I get from roids is mild and usually only lasts about 2 weeks and then completely clears up but I think the reason for that is because of the permanent effects on my body from accutane when I was prescribed it about 7 years ago.

Now with regards to hairloss you can minimize it using Finasteride and shampoos and stuff. Avoiding strong androgenic steroids and especially DHT based steroids is what someone with male pattern baldness should do. But hairloss will only happen if you genetically have the MPB gene. The steroids won't make you start losing hair it just accelerates the process. So if you start taking roids and start losing hair you were going to lose your hair eventually. I for example don't have the MPB gene and no matter what I take I don't shed a hair.
    Last edited by dece870717; 07-17-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Well I guess I have the MPB gene. Doesn't finastride decrease the effectiveness of AAS?

How about additional body hair growth any way to prevent that?

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
    How about additional body hair growth any way to prevent that?
    umm.... you use your r-azer-blade like a big boy

Ripped Mass is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    Acne i think is inevitable, I believe everyone gets it from roids. I never get acne during a cycle. I only get acne when I come off compounds, like for example I can be taking 3 different roids and just come off one of them and acne starts and I would assume that happens because of the fluctuation of blood levels of that roid causing an imbalance and acne arises. But hell the acne I get from roids is mild and usually only lasts about 2 weeks and then completely clears up but I think the reason for that is because of the permanent effects on my body from accutane when I was prescribed it about 7 years ago.

Now with regards to hairloss you can minimize it using Finasteride and shampoos and stuff. Avoiding strong androgenic steroids and especially DHT based steroids is what someone with male pattern baldness should do. But hairloss will only happen if you genetically have the MPB gene. The steroids won't make you start losing hair it just accelerates the process. So if you start taking roids and start losing hair you were going to lose your hair eventually. I for example don't have the MPB gene and no matter what I take I don't shed a hair.
    I am using the shampoo NIOXIN-I believe it is treatment1 (of 3 kinds I think) for thinning hair. My hair used to be super thin when I ran winny for about 10 weeks straight, but post cycle I started using the NIOXIN luckily it came back. On test prop now, started using the shampoo a few weeks ago-starting winny tabs next week hopefully will not thin out again this time. It says on the bottle actually removes DHT from your scalp/hair follicles so we will see what the coming weeks bring.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I am sorry but if I was prone to balding I would not even risk doing a cycle and taking a chance especially since you could with a little extra hard diet and exercise get to the same point without them! None of us on here are going to the Olympia and If i had to risk going bald for an extra 10# of muscle 6 months quicker cause of the juice I would have to say no to them! just my $0.02

I hear you, good advice. The problem is that I'm looking to go beyond my natural abilities and for that I need AAS. I realize the risks and accept them...I don't like them but accept them. I was hoping that maybe they could be minimized or avoided. I see a lot of people who have used and continue to use AAS and who don't seem to have issues with acne or hair loss or unwanted hair growth. Are they all just really lucky or can it be controlled?

Thread Information